Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 75774 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #728 on: April 10, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
Advertisement
It is documented that Lee was at work at the time the MO was sold.....And Marina was not fluent enough to buy the MO and she would have had no way to get to the PO that issued the MO.    The PO was located a couple of miles away ......And she probably didn't know about that PO because they received the mail at the main PO in downtown Dallas.

It is documented that Lee was at work at the time the MO was sold

It is true that there is indeed a handwritten time sheet that shows that Oswald did sign in for work that day. Whether you can conclude from it that he was actually at work the whole time and never left is another matter. But fair enough, the time sheet makes it at least unlikely that he could have gone out to buy the MO.

And Marina was not fluent enough to buy the MO and she would have had no way to get to the PO that issued the MO. 

The first part I am, quite honestly, not so convinced about but the second part makes sense. With a small kid at home, living in Oak Cliff she would have had to have gone to downtown Dallas by bus and that seems unlikely to me. Also, if she had bought the MO she would have been far more involved in whatever was going on than the record shows.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #728 on: April 10, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #729 on: April 10, 2020, 02:53:02 PM »
It is documented that Lee was at work at the time the MO was sold

It is true that there is indeed a handwritten time sheet that shows that Oswald did sign in for work that day. Whether you can conclude from it that he was actually at work the whole time and never left is another matter. But fair enough, the time sheet makes it at least unlikely that he could have gone out to buy the MO.

And Marina was not fluent enough to buy the MO and she would have had no way to get to the PO that issued the MO. 

The first part I am, quite honestly, not so convinced about but the second part makes sense. With a small kid at home, living in Oak Cliff she would have had to have gone to downtown Dallas by bus and that seems unlikely to me. Also, if she had bought the MO she would have been far more involved in whatever was going on than the record shows.

We are at least in the same chapter, if not on the same page..... :)    I'll grant you that I have no proof that George De M bought the MO....., but what I do know certainly supports that contention.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #730 on: April 10, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »
It is documented that Lee was at work at the time the MO was sold.....And Marina was not fluent enough to buy the MO and she would have had no way to get to the PO that issued the MO.    The PO was located a couple of miles away ......And she probably didn't know about that PO because they received the mail at the main PO in downtown Dallas.

Wait, how do you know which PO the money order found in Virginia was purchased at?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #730 on: April 10, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #731 on: April 10, 2020, 05:41:21 PM »
We are at least in the same chapter, if not on the same page..... :)    I'll grant you that I have no proof that George De M bought the MO....., but what I do know certainly supports that contention.

So you have "no proof" but are certain?  Wow.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #732 on: April 10, 2020, 05:50:30 PM »

Kinda like the way "Richard" is "certain" about who shot JFK.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #732 on: April 10, 2020, 05:50:30 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #733 on: April 10, 2020, 05:58:11 PM »
Wait, how do you know which PO the money order found in Virginia was purchased at?

I believe that Tom Scully posted a document that indicated that the Postal MO was purchased at a satellite  PO of the main Dallas PO .

That Satellite was several miles away from the Main Dallas PO.   ( I never knew that, the MO had been purchased  at a satellite PO, so it was of interest to me.....And as I recall that satellite PO was not far from George De M residence.)

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #734 on: April 10, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
Georgie wore many hats.......

You think I'm being serious don't you

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #734 on: April 10, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #735 on: April 10, 2020, 06:54:16 PM »

Go to hell and learn to read....

Here's what I wrote....:"what I do know certainly supports that contention."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:59:32 PM by Walt Cakebread »