Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Operation Mongoose  (Read 13837 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Operation Mongoose
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2020, 08:39:06 PM »
Advertisement
I believe that I found the name LHO was apparently trying to spell, and a reason that he used that name. Here is a link to a letter (translated to English) to Marina from the USSR Embassy in Washington DC dated June 4, 1963 regarding her request for an entrance visa (Notice the name that they used for Marina):

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1135&relPageId=532&search=letter_to%20soviet%20embassy

I appears reasonable to me that LHO would use that same name when writing back to them about her visa...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1135&relPageId=532&search=letter_to%20soviet%20embassy

Ah....So the soup starts to bubble!....  Good!....  So according to this letter from the Russian Embassy  Marina sent a request to the Russians some time prior to April 18, 1963.   Verrrrrry Interesting1....  What was going on in The Oswald's life at that time?     As I recall this was the time of the Walker incident....So someone from the Oswald household must have sent a letter to he embassy requesting that Marina be allowed to take up residence in Russia.    Now WHY would someone want Marina out of the way at that particular time???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2020, 08:39:06 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2020, 08:47:20 PM »
Mr. RANKIN. When did you first consider the possibility of returning to the Soviet Union?
Mrs. OSWALD. I never considered that, but I was forced to because Lee insisted on it.
Mr. RANKIN. When you considered it, as you were forced to, by his insistence, do you know when it was with reference to your first request to the Embassy, which was February 17, 1963?
Mrs. OSWALD. February 17?
Mr. RANKIN. Yes.
Mrs. OSWALD. I think it was a couple of weeks before that, at the beginning of February.
Mr. RANKIN. Did your husband know about the letter you sent to the Embassy on February 17?
Mrs. OSWALD. Of course. He handed me the paper, a pencil, and said, "Write."
Mr. RANKIN. Did he tell you what to put in the letter, or was that your own drafting?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, I knew myself what I had to write, and these were my words. What could I do if my husband didn't want to live with me? At least that is what I thought.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »
Mr. RANKIN. When did you first consider the possibility of returning to the Soviet Union?
Mrs. OSWALD. I never considered that, but I was forced to because Lee insisted on it.
Mr. RANKIN. When you considered it, as you were forced to, by his insistence, do you know when it was with reference to your first request to the Embassy, which was February 17, 1963?
Mrs. OSWALD. February 17?
Mr. RANKIN. Yes.
Mrs. OSWALD. I think it was a couple of weeks before that, at the beginning of February.
Mr. RANKIN. Did your husband know about the letter you sent to the Embassy on February 17?
Mrs. OSWALD. Of course. He handed me the paper, a pencil, and said, "Write."
Mr. RANKIN. Did he tell you what to put in the letter, or was that your own drafting?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, I knew myself what I had to write, and these were my words. What could I do if my husband didn't want to live with me? At least that is what I thought.

Thanks John.....February was when Lee and George first started plotting the walker hoax....  Naturally one of the first obstacles was....What to do about Marina? How could they get her out of the way?....  Thus Lee must have told her to go back to Russia.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2020, 11:26:57 PM »
Thanks John.....February was when Lee and George first started plotting the walker hoax....  Naturally one of the first obstacles was....What to do about Marina? How could they get her out of the way?....  Thus Lee must have told her to go back to Russia.....

From “Marina and Lee” by McMillan:

Lee’s increasing inability to control himself both at home and at work suggests that emotionally he was in turmoil. What cannot be known is whether his deterioration was the result of a cumulative process that had been taking place for months, or whether in January he suffered some sort of precipitous “breakdown,” triggered perhaps by Marina’s letter to Anatoly on January 7, her brief pregnancy scare on the 10th with its hint of added responsibility, and her subsequent confession of infidelity...

... but it may also have been an indication that he had conceived another plan—a violent, destructive expression of his political views that would require a cover. Ordering a revolver on January 27 under a false name, and his hints to Marina starting the same day that he was thinking of sending her back to Russia without him, both suggest that he was leaning further toward violence.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2020, 12:03:05 AM »
From “Marina and Lee” by McMillan:

Lee’s increasing inability to control himself both at home and at work suggests that emotionally he was in turmoil. What cannot be known is whether his deterioration was the result of a cumulative process that had been taking place for months, or whether in January he suffered some sort of precipitous “breakdown,” triggered perhaps by Marina’s letter to Anatoly on January 7, her brief pregnancy scare on the 10th with its hint of added responsibility, and her subsequent confession of infidelity...

... but it may also have been an indication that he had conceived another plan—a violent, destructive expression of his political views that would require a cover. Ordering a revolver on January 27 under a false name, and his hints to Marina starting the same day that he was thinking of sending her back to Russia without him, both suggest that he was leaning further toward violence.

Thank you....But we simply don't know what George and Lee were plotting at that point.    Perhaps they originally plotted to actually shoot General Walker, but realized that they were skating on thin ice with that plot....after all if they were caught, a murder conviction might just put them in the electric chair.

Can we stay focused on the letter to the Russian Embassy?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:15:20 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2020, 12:03:05 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2020, 12:22:48 AM »
Ordering a revolver on January 27 under a false name, and his hints to Marina starting the same day that he was thinking of sending her back to Russia without him, both suggest that he was leaning further toward violence.

I think what this suggests is that McMillan overestimates her mindreading abilities.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:25:47 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »
I think what this suggests is that McMillan overestimates her mindreading abilities.

Ha!
She and Posner both have amazing intuition. He deciphered ""the smirk", an obvious sign of guilt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2020, 04:33:16 PM »
Ha!
She and Posner both have amazing intuition. He deciphered ""the smirk", an obvious sign of guilt.

More obvious signs of guilt courtesy of Bugliosi:

- Leaving his wedding ring behind at the Paine house
- Not reading the newspaper in the domino room that morning
- Going to the second floor to get a Coke when he preferred Dr. Pepper
- Not being chatty with the cab driver
- Showing reporters his handcuffed hands
- Marina thinking his eyes looked guilty
- Leaving his blue jacket in the domino room
- Leaving a clipboard on the sixth floor