Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Operation Mongoose  (Read 13717 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Operation Mongoose
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 10:27:33 PM »
Advertisement
My guess is that the Soviets knew that the CIA station in Miami was behind the assassination and let LBJ know. It was best for all to blame the dead patsy.

It was best for all to blame the dead patsy.

But was it ???     They started a cancer growing.....  and it is still gnawing away at the fabric of the nation.  Our nation was founded on the mutual trust between the governed ( the citizens)  and those who the citizens elected to create the laws .......  What percentage of the populace has faith in the government?

DJ Trump got elected because he promised to "drain the swamp".....   What does that tell you about the citizens trust in "the swamp" that is Washington DC.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 10:27:33 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 10:31:56 PM »
It was best for all to blame the dead patsy.

But was it ???     They started a cancer growing.....  and it is still gnawing away at the fabric of the nation.  Our nation was founded on the mutual trust between the governed ( the citizens)  and those who the citizens elected to create the laws .......  What percentage of the populace has faith in the government?

DJ Trump got elected because he promised to "drain the swamp".....   What does that tell you about the citizens trust in "the swamp" that is Washington DC.

He just replaced it with his own deeper swamp.  But his fans don't care.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 02:16:13 AM »
He just replaced it with his own deeper swamp.  But his fans don't care.

Thank you for confirming my post.....   You obviously are not a Trump supporter....  The nation is becoming more and more divided by politics.   And  the bottom line is MONEY....  Both sides Republicans and Democrats, are primarily interested in ....What can the government do for me that will fatten my bank account??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 02:16:13 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 02:23:28 AM »
The Eisenhower and Kennedy administrations were fighting for the removal of Castro. Here is a list of some the reasons for their efforts:

https://www.faithwire.com/2016/11/28/heres-a-handy-list-of-atrocities-for-everyone-glorifying-fidel-castro-today/

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 10:25:18 AM »
Interesting thought Colin. The fact that LHO did go to the Soviet Union and stay there for almost three years certainly did deflect some of the suspicion away from Cuba. But at that point in time Cuba was dependent upon the USSR. And, only a year or so after the Cuban Missile Crisis, there was little distinction between Cuba and the Soviet Union in the minds of many Americans. But, IF Castro was even aware of LHO’s plan beforehand, that thought might have entered into his mind. The patsy idea is more than just a little stretch for me however.

Point is that any assassination of Castro by obvious US interests would easily blow back and likely cause Russian retaliation. However with Oswald in Cuba now you have a Russian defecting communist who would be a convenient patsy that would muddy the waters, enabling blame on Russian backed plot. At worst just a Commie looney.

Explains the trip to Mexico for Cuban visa and earlier dialog with Russians for return there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 10:25:18 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2020, 03:51:11 PM »
The Eisenhower and Kennedy administrations were fighting for the removal of Castro. Here is a list of some the reasons for their efforts:

https://www.faithwire.com/2016/11/28/heres-a-handy-list-of-atrocities-for-everyone-glorifying-fidel-castro-today/

Very shallow research.....   John Kennedy was not trying to remove Castro....  And he was seeking a way to open diplomacy with Castro....   However, J. Edgar Hoover, and many powerful men in the Pentagon and congress were adamantly opposed to any effort to any peaceful solution to the Cuban problem.

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2020, 04:10:58 PM »
Nicoletti only attacks Trump because no one can enumerate anything good from the Democrat party, so it is just constant attack, his fans, etc. etc.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2020, 04:10:58 PM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 04:18:07 PM »

Very good. Well, really,  it wasn't a great leap of faith that Castro and Che both wished to launch nukes on the US, in that day and age,  why would one not think the worse.

Yes, we had our faults but probably not as bad as others.

Fidel Castro also came closest of anyone in history to (wantonly) starting a worldwide nuclear war.

Great well-researched article and honestly, wanting to eliminate Castro, well, that's more of the CIA deeds and maybe JFK didn't want to overrule it... though,  it is a thing to research.

Not just some simple answer. Nothing would preclude one from trying to do both.

I think I read recently, some story of the CIA having contemplated attacks on the US homeland, mainly Florida and blaming it on Castro. I will look for the article and try to post it later.