Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Historian explains the mind of Conspiracy Nuts - CBS 1967  (Read 15347 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Historian explains the mind of Conspiracy Nuts - CBS 1967
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2020, 07:54:05 PM »
Advertisement
One of the great frustrations about this case is the SLOW SLOW pace at which un-contestable facts seep in.

Here's an un-contestable fact from 2014. Michael Kurtz is not to be relied upon. He repeatedly changed stories about his own connection to the case, and ultimately cited a bunch of interviews with people who were dead at the time. This is demonstrated here:
http://www.patspeer.com/chapter-19c-lost-in-the-jungle-with-kurtz

And here's one from 2009. Vincent Bugliosi wasn't much better. He spent a large chunk of his book claiming he wouldn't deceive his audience, and would root his book in the historical record, and then presented a narrative grossly at odds with the statements of the witnesses cited in his footnotes. This is demonstrated here:
http://www.patspeer.com/chapter9b%3Areclaiminghistoryfromreclaimin2

Bugliosi's " Book for the ages"....has become the joke of the ages.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2020, 07:54:05 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2020, 05:15:59 AM »
                        the mind of  Conspiracy Nuts
A little side issue....What about Jeffery Epstein's "suicide" or was homicide just another wild nutty conspiracy theory?
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/jeffrey-epstein-dies-by-suicide-report.html

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2020, 05:27:38 AM »
                        the mind of  Conspiracy Nuts
A little side issue....What about Jeffery Epstein's "suicide" or was homicide just another wild nutty conspiracy theory?
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/jeffrey-epstein-dies-by-suicide-report.html

Don't you know, Jerr-wee?

We wivv in nuh wevil, wevil, wevil, Deep State!

We will-we, will-we do!

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:39:49 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2020, 05:27:38 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2020, 07:14:04 AM »
I have no fixation. I don't post here day after day after day. I average about .5 posts a day. I go for numerous days without posting. I am not a member of a conspiracy group. I don't attend conspiracy conferences. I don't obsess over this event.

The evidence for me is that Lee Oswald took his rifle and shot the president. If you think he had curtain rods in his bag and that he left the building shortly after the shooting because he wanted to see a movie and believe there were two Oswalds and a double and all of the documents are faked and on and on then feel free to believe this absurdity. It's absurd. It didnt' happen.

All of the alternate explanations don't make sense. It's been more than half a century since the assassination. There have been multiple investigations - both public/government and private/news media. We can add the millions and millions of pages of documents that were released. Add in the investigations by reporters and journalists and historians like Caro and others. There's nothing there. But as Commager predicted: nothing will persuade the conspiracist that he's wrong. In fact, investigations that show no conspiracy are, for you people, further evidence of the conspiracy. It's conspiracy after conspiracy after conspiracy. Who is obsessed over this again?

People have doubts about all sorts of events. That the Holocaust happened. That 9/11 was done by Islamic terrorists. That the world is round. People expressing doubts is meaningless. Paranoid unstable people express doubts all of the time. That doesnt' mean we should take them seriously.

I certainly don't.

Well said Steve. Great intellect. Makes me think: Are you the son of John Kenneth?

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2020, 11:54:37 AM »
I'm sure that evil, evil, evil Alan Dulles and evil, evil, evil James Angleton and evil, evil, evil [fill in the blank] hated JFK so doggone much that they were willing to risk being fried to death in "Old Sparky".

NOT!

Exactly. How many people on here hate Trump. Alot. But would they be willing to get life in prison, or the death penalty, i think not.

Dulles and Angelton were never going to risk that just to kill someone who would be out of office soon enough anyway.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2020, 11:54:37 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2020, 12:43:02 PM »
Exactly. How many people on here hate Trump. Alot. But would they be willing to get life in prison, or the death penalty, i think not.

Dulles and Angelton were never going to risk that just to kill someone who would be out of office soon enough anyway.

Exactly. How many people on here hate Trump. Alot. But would they be willing to get life in prison, or the death penalty, i think not

With this "logic" nobody would ever commit a murder.... and yet they still happen, every day!

And how would they know that, exactly? Kennedy could have been re-elected for a second term!

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2020, 05:57:25 PM »

And how would they know that, exactly? Kennedy could have been re-elected for a second term!

Instead his vice President, Johnson, was in office until 1968. What exactly did Dulles and Angelton have to achieve by killing Kennedy only making a martre out of him and a devil out of anyone JFK apparently didn't like, like Dulles.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2020, 05:57:25 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2020, 01:23:18 AM »
NSAM 273?