Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is the revolver a S&W?  (Read 16214 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Is the revolver a S&W?
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2020, 05:56:13 PM »
Advertisement
I don't expect witnesses to record minute details as if they were digital cameras, though a "a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it" seems appropriate as a rough recall of the lighter stripes on the mercerized shirt and its overall color. Did Whaley identify Oswald as the man in his cab?

"a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it" seems appropriate as a rough recall of the lighter stripes on the mercerized shirt and its overall color.

"THE LIGHTER STRIPES "

Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir. I didn't pay much attention to it right then.
But it all came back when I really found out who I had. He was dressed
in just ordinary work clothes. It wasn't khaki pants but they were
khaki material, blue faded blue color, like a blue uniform made in
khaki. Then he had on a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on
it
and he had on some kind of jacket.

Whaley didn't say anything about Multiple STRIPES.... He said the man's shirt had   a little silverlike stripe on it

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2020, 05:56:13 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2020, 04:11:21 AM »
though a "a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it" seems appropriate as a rough recall of the lighter stripes on the mercerized shirt and its overall color.

This is an example of trying to make the evidence fit the desired suspect rather than the suspect fitting the evidence.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 04:12:15 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »
This is an example of trying to make the evidence fit the desired suspect rather than the suspect fitting the evidence.

Sure. Brown shirts with a single silver stripe were the fashion rage back then.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2020, 05:20:06 PM »
Sure. Brown shirts with a single silver stripe were the fashion rage back then.

Any way you slice it....The plaid shirt that has been presented as the shirt that Lee was wearing at the TSBD that morning does NOT have a SILVER stripe in it.
I believe I know what Whaley was trying to say when he described the man's shirt....   Because I owned a similar shirt .... The shirt had silver threads ( similar to Christmas tree tinsel ) running through the fabric. 

But .... The whole argument is irrelevant because the plaid shirt ( CE 150) is NOT the shirt that Lee was wearing at the TSBD that morning.  It is the shirt he was wearing at the Texas Theater and the shirt that the FBI claimed the tuft of fibers that were found on the butt of the rifle came from.  But the shirt that Lee was wearing at the TSBD is CE 151, the reddish brown shirt with the BUTTON DOWN  COLLAR....and it sure as hell does NOT have any silver stripes on it.   

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2020, 05:37:37 PM »
Any way you slice it....The plaid shirt that has been presented as the shirt that Lee was wearing at the TSBD that morning does NOT have a SILVER stripe in it.
I believe I know what Whaley was trying to say when he described the man's shirt....   Because I owned a similar shirt .... The shirt had silver threads ( similar to Christmas tree tinsel ) running through the fabric. 

Yes, I think he's referring to more than one stripe. But that go against this earlier claim: "Whaley didn't say anything about Multiple STRIPES"?

But .... The whole argument is irrelevant because the plaid shirt ( CE 150) is NOT the shirt that Lee was wearing at the TSBD that morning.  It is the shirt he was wearing at the Texas Theater and the shirt that the FBI claimed the tuft of fibers that were found on the butt of the rifle came from.  But the shirt that Lee was wearing at the TSBD is CE 151, the reddish brown shirt with the BUTTON DOWN  COLLAR....and it sure as hell does NOT have any silver stripes on it.

You sure have a unique take on terms like "khaki" and "plaid". You would have been quite an asset for Neiman-Marcus or Jennifer Juniors.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2020, 05:37:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2020, 07:58:28 PM »
Yes, I think he's referring to more than one stripe. But that go against this earlier claim: "Whaley didn't say anything about Multiple STRIPES"?

You sure have a unique take on terms like "khaki" and "plaid". You would have been quite an asset for Neiman-Marcus or Jennifer Juniors.

Well, how would you describe this shirt....  It looks plaid to me.....And it sure as hell isn't khaki!.... 

But this shirt is NOT the shirt that Lee wore at the TSBD that morning....The reddish brown shirt with the BUTTON DOWN COLLAR (CE 151) is the shirt that he was wearing, and he took it off and left it in the dresser in his room at 1026 N. Beckley, before he went to meet his FBI handler at the Texas Theater.

This is the shirt with the button down collar that Lee wore at the TSBD that morning.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 08:15:45 PM by Walt Cakebread »