Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Castro coerce Duran and Azcue into the fake LHO story?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Margaret Kelly

Did Castro coerce Duran and Azcue into the fake LHO story?
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:22:27 PM »
Advertisement
In her earlier testimony, Duran identified LHO as the man who called to the cuban consulate in Sept 1963. By the late 70's however, both she and Azcue were saying the person was not Oswald.

Here's one possible scenario for this discrepancy:

When the new HSCA investigation was announced in the late 1970s, did Castro interpret this new investigation as a "CIA front" to blame Castro for the JFK assassination and thus justify a new invasion of Cuba? So in order to block the CIAs effort, Castro coerced Duran and Azcue into making the false claim that it was not Oswald inside the cuban consulate at all. If it was not Oswald, then the HSCA investigation could not blame Castro/Cuba for the JFK assassination because Oswald was not even inside their consulate in late Sept 1963 - thus no relationship between Oswald and Cuba. Castro would know that the CIA had no photo evidence that Oswald was inside the cuban consulate (they had already said their surveillance cameras were not working) and so Castro knew the CIA could not contradict Duran and Azcues claim that it was not Oswald they had met inside the Cuban consulate.

Castro then gave the HSCA investigation two photos of unknown males of who they thought might be the imposter Oswald in order to throw off the investigation.

This would explain why Oswalds photo does indeed show up on the application form.

JFK Assassination Forum

Did Castro coerce Duran and Azcue into the fake LHO story?
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:22:27 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Did Castro coerce Duran and Azcue into the fake LHO story?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 11:27:20 PM »
In her earlier testimony, Duran identified LHO as the man who called to the cuban consulate in Sept 1963. By the late 70's however, both she and Azcue were saying the person was not Oswald.

When the new HSCA investigation was announced in the late 1970s, did Castro interpret this new investigation as a "CIA front" to blame Castro for the JFK assassination and thus justify a new invasion of Cuba? So in order to block the CIAs effort, Castro coerced Duran and Azcue into making the false claim that it was not Oswald inside the cuban consulate at all. If it was not Oswald, then the HSCA investigation could not blame Castro/Cuba for the JFK assassination because Oswald was not even inside their consulate in late Sept 1963 - thus no relationship between Oswald and Cuba. Castro would know that the CIA had no photo evidence that Oswald was inside the cuban consulate (they had already said their surveillance cameras were not working) and so Castro knew the CIA could not contradict Duran and Azcues claim that it was not Oswald they had met inside the Cuban consulate.

Castro then gave the HSCA investigation two photos of unknown males of who they thought might be the imposter Oswald in order to throw off the investigation.

This would explain why Oswalds photo does indeed show up on the application form.
Questions, please: Where/when did Duran say the man wasn't Oswald? In every interview I've read she's stated that it was Oswald. Yes, she described the man differently than the real Oswald. But she said in 1978 in testimony to the HSCA that it was the Oswald arrested for the murder of JFK.

She also appeared in 1993 on the PBS Frontline show "Who was Lee Harvey Oswald" saying it was indeed Oswald, the man arrested for the murder of JFK. Alfredo Mirabal, who was also at the consulate during the event said it was Oswald.

And when did Castro give the HSCA two photographs of someone? I've never heard that.

Offline Margaret Kelly

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »
Questions, please: Where/when did Duran say the man wasn't Oswald?

I thought she told Antony Summers it was not Oswald. Maybe i took this up wrong?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 11:43:10 PM »
I thought she told Antony Summers it was not Oswald. Maybe i took this up wrong?
I have this account from the Summer's book "Not in Your Lifetime".

As we all know reading about this event, eyewitness accounts are unreliable. Some are good, some are bad, some are a mix. It depends on the person and what they say. So we have to consider corroborating evidence (if any) when we use a eyewitness.

I think the corroborating evidence for these eyewitness accounts is very strong. It was, in my view, Lee Oswald, who went to the Cuban consulate and Soviet Embassy in Mexico City.

Offline Margaret Kelly

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 12:12:36 AM »
And when did Castro give the HSCA two photographs of someone? I've never heard that.

Its at 2:20 on this video:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 12:12:36 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 12:31:12 AM »

Margaret,

Going from memory here, but didn't Duran tell the Mexican Police right after the assassination that the "Oswald" she'd dealt with was short, blond haired, and blue-eyed?

Nikolai Leonov was 5' 7".  Oswald was 5' 9.5".

Nikolai Leonov was blond-haired.  Oswald's hair color was light-brown.

Nikolai Leonov was blue-eyed.  Oswald's eyes were "hazel" or "grey"

--  MWT   ;)

Offline Margaret Kelly

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 01:48:34 AM »
Nikolai Leonov

This guys story is carried at this link: https://jfkfacts.org/senior-kgb-insider-said-lee-harvey-oswald/#more-21387

His story carries no credibility as far as i can see. He says LHO was talking about shooting up the hotel??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 01:48:34 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 02:25:28 AM »
This guys story is carried at this link: https://jfkfacts.org/senior-kgb-insider-said-lee-harvey-oswald/#more-21387

His story carries no credibility as far as i can see. He says LHO was talking about shooting up the hotel??

Exactly.

It's as though Leonov (at the Soviet embassy on Sunday, September 29) and Nechiporenko, Yatskov and Kostikov  (at the Soviet consulate on Friday and Saturday, September 27 and 28) were not on "the same page" regarding their lies about the "Oswald" with whom none of them probably ever met ... or ... maybe, just maybe ... Russian intelligence decided to confuse us some more, and gave us even more "material" for our never-ending tinfoil hat JFK assassination theories.

To see what I've posted about Nikolai Leonov ("The Blond Oswald In Mexico City") and his KGB colleagues, here at this fine forum as well as at the so-called Education Forum, google (simultaneously) leonov byetkov obyedkov .

--  MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:37:41 AM by Thomas Graves »