Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who returned LHOs library books on Oct 3rd 1963?  (Read 13318 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Who returned LHOs library books on Oct 3rd 1963?
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 12:18:30 AM »
Advertisement
How does any of that prove Oswald shot Kennedy? Oops... sorry, I was just channelling CT Paranoid Central. My bad.
Another inestimable contribution from Chapman.
  He might have even left them in the apartment and the next tenant found them and took them to the library.
That got me to checking...
Clay Shaw trial counsel... MR. DYMOND: Q: Do you know whether Lee Harvey Oswald was living in your house up until the latter part of September, 1963?
MRS. JESSIE GARNERA: Up until between the 21st and 23rd.
Then where was he up until the 26th-27th?
Q: Did he appear to you to be a talkative person?
A: No, he was not.

Again evidence that Oswald was not likely to be chit-chatting with strangers on a bus.
Q: Mrs. Garner, after Lee Oswald left, did you have occasion to go into the apartment?
A: Well, after he left, I was sure that he was not coming back, I went in.
Q: And what was the condition of the apartment?
A: Dirty.
Q: In what respects?
A: Well, everything was broken, the icebox door was broken, the mattress was all messed up, the stove was broke, stuff like that.
Q: Was it in a generally dirty condition?
A: Well, it was clean when he got it.
Apparently...Oswald was a slob. No mention of books when cleaning up for the next tenant.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 12:18:30 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »
Another inestimable contribution from Chapman.That got me to checking...Then where was he up until the 26th-27th?
Again evidence that Oswald was not likely to be chit-chatting with strangers on a bus.Apparently...Oswald was a slob. No mention of books when cleaning up for the next tenant.

Maybe the books were on a high shelf in a closet or somewhere else that the landlord didn’t look. And the next tenant found them. I am not claiming that this is what happened. Only that it is a possibility. LHO was seen leaving the apartment on Tuesday evening, the 24th, by neighbor Eric Rogers. He cashed his unemployment check on Wednesday at the Winn-Dixie store near the apartment. My guess as to why the apartment was reportedly in such a wreck is that the landlord had earlier insisted that LHO take down his pro-Castro leaflets he had posted on the screen porch or vacate the apartment. If the reported trashed condition of the apartment is true, then it might have been LHO’s way of expressing his displeasure about having to take them down.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 07:51:56 PM »
"Oswald's books.  LOL."  Let's use CTer logic to travel down this important rabbit hole.  Where is the evidence to satisfy my subjective impossible standard of proof that there is a library in New Orleans, that Oswald ever visited it, that he had a library card, that he ever checked these books out, that these specific books were ever kept at the library, or that they were ever returned?  Where is the chain of custody on these books?  Did anyone check them for prints?  If Oswald's prints were found on them, that doesn't mean he ever checked these books out.  Maybe it was just a matter of chance. He could have picked them up and put them back without checking them out.  Did any eyewitness remember him checking these books out?  Did Marina remember what the covers of each book looked like and the exact date he brought them home?  As a result, it's possible this is all faked by someone for some unspecified purpose that I refuse to explain or even speculate.  I don't have the burden of proof and can just play contrarian arguing nonsense until the end of times.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 07:51:56 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 08:08:02 PM »
"Oswald's books.  LOL."  Let's use CTer logic to travel down this important rabbit hole.  Where is the evidence to satisfy my subjective impossible standard of proof that there is a library in New Orleans, that Oswald ever visited it, that he had a library card, that he ever checked these books out, that these specific books were ever kept at the library, or that they were ever returned?  Where is the chain of custody on these books?  Did anyone check them for prints?  If Oswald's prints were found on them, that doesn't mean he ever checked these books out.  Maybe it was just a matter of chance. He could have picked them up and put them back without checking them out.  Did any eyewitness remember him checking these books out?  Did Marina remember what the covers of each book looked like and the exact date he brought them home?  As a result, it's possible this is all faked by someone for some unspecified purpose that I refuse to explain or even speculate.  I don't have the burden of proof and can just play contrarian arguing nonsense until the end of times.

So many words just to explain that you really don't have a clue who returned the books to the library and that you don't give a damn anyway.

That's not really a big surprise, but what is kinda funny is that you are now questioning information provided by the Warren Commission.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2020, 08:33:18 PM »
So many words just to explain that you really don't have a clue who returned the books to the library and that you don't give a damn anyway.

That's not really a big surprise, but what is kinda funny is that you are now questioning information provided by the Warren Commission.

"Oswald's books.  LOL."  Where is your proof that Oswald checked them out or ever was in possession of these "books?"  Maybe they were confused from some other object made of "paper" like you claim the rifle was confused for some object made of "wood."  Where did he store them in his apartment?  Where is the eyewitness who saw him check them out?  Does Marina remember his having these specific books to the exclusion of any others?  Can she describe them in detail?  These are just the kinds of questions and claims certain kooks insist must answered in regard to the rifle and other evidence.  I guess you don't care for that line of reasoning, though, unless it fits your desired outcome.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2020, 08:33:18 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2020, 09:50:20 PM »
If you want to make up an alternate scenario, that’s fine. But that doesn’t make it “more likely”.

Here is the scenario that is in the original post:

Someone then returned them to the New Orleans library on Oct 3rd (at a time when LHO was on his way to Dallas from Mexico). This has to be proof LHO was not on his own in Mexico. Presumably, whoever he was with, he gave that person his library books to return to New Orleans once LHO realized he would not be getting in to Cuba.

Here is another common scenario that happens quite often in many places:

LHO could have returned the books to another branch of the library system (one near the bus station, for example). Typically library systems shuffle books to and from branches via their own vehicles. It usually takes several days to accomplish the transfers of books due to their scheduled routes that cover the various libraries involved. If this was the case, the book would have been checked back in when it arrived back to the branch that LHO checked it out of (a few days after he returned it).

Now if you believe that the common scenarios that I have presented are just as likely as the one in which LHO was not on his own in Mexico. Then you are biased.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2020, 10:44:46 PM »
You have to understand how alcoholics think troll.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2020, 10:44:46 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2020, 04:30:44 AM »
I don't have the burden of proof and can just play contrarian arguing nonsense until the end of times.

Why yes, “Richard”, yes you can. That’s nothing new. You’ve never accepted a burden of proof for any of the crap you state as fact.