Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What are your top 5 JFK assassination books?  (Read 17012 times)

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

Re: What are your top 5 JFK assassination books?
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2020, 04:37:45 PM »
Advertisement
Steve's reply to my presentation of well documented evidence was disingenuous, but at least he replied. You haven't bothered, yet you say, "but they don't allow all the evidence to have its say. ....

In reply to Steve.... Bush thanks three people for meeting to discuss Bush's political future. One, Tom Devine, just happened, as the story goes, to have suddenly come out of long retired CIA officer status to meet with DeMohrenschildt just two weeks after the shooting attempt at Edwin Walker and several more contacts with George DeM. over the next few weeks, "reading in" Bush to segments of the WuBriny Op. Devine just happened to be one of 15 fraternity house residents of Priscilla's CIA handler, Garry Coit.

Another of the three at the 1975 meeting to decide Bush's political future was Bush's best friend. Gerry Bemiss. A kindergartner could glean what Steve claims he does not, out of the Bush "coincidences" in my post.

And of course, the intriguing item that apparently is not even suitable for discussion, anywhere, ever.... Priscilla testified she was unable to work for a time because her father's death was a concealed suicide. This was the sister of the last man, James A. Thomas, to see Priscilla's father alive and report hims missing to police..... The sister happened to be Eleanor Lansing Thomas, maid of honor and cousin, along with her brother, of Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles and his daughter, the bride.:

Tom Devine's best man just happened to be William B. Macomber, Jr.... former CIA, former top aide to WC commissioner and Yale bonesman, Sen. John Sherman Cooper (R-KY), and top aide to John Foster Dulles. Macomber married another top aide of Dulles, Phyliss Bernau.

Apologies for the kindergarten reference, but it is in reply to Steve turning off his "learned" demeanor to denigrate me personally, reverting to his thoughtful, reasonable "side" after he pulls his, "Scully, I don't know what you're talking about, act."

You're gonna get in trouble again for postin' all this stuff, Tom.  You didn't even know you were in trouble before.  That may be a good thing+

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2020, 04:37:45 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2020, 02:55:32 AM »
I think Morley is well read in the JFK assassination. I don't think he'd fall under the category of conspiracy theorist. He seems to be logical.

Morley, at one time was objective. No more. His own site ate him up and spit him out. JFKFacts was anything but facts.

Offline Michael Davidson

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »
I think i can make my mind up all by myself , i don't need you to do it for me :  )

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »

Offline Michael Davidson

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2020, 01:16:09 PM »
Anyhow heres a list :

1. Epstein : Legend ( first book on the subject i ever read )
2. Marina and Lee  ( CIA and KGB friendly :  )
3. Menninger ( SS accident theory )
4. Talbot ( on Dulles )
5. Do the math : Saffold ( Dal Tex shooter theory )

Offline Pat Speer

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2020, 09:34:42 AM »
Here's some good ones...

1, Accessories After the Fact by Sylvia Meagher (a smart lady looks at the facts)
2. Six Seconds in Dallas by Josiah Thompson (a brilliant philosophy professor re-examines the forensic evidence. Note while I disagree with many of my friend Tink's findings, there's no disputing he set a high bar.)
3. Post Mortem by Harold Weisberg (an almost Fellini-esque character study/rant revolving around a crotchety old man's efforts to make his government transparent and accountable.)
4. The Last Investigation by Gaeton Fonzi (a gripping detective story in which a journalist tries to get to the bottom of the murder of the century)
5. Someone Would Have Talked by Larry Hancock (the culmination of a hard-working man's efforts to separate the facts from the fiction, to see what remains).

There are, of course, a number of others which have something to offer.

I wish there was a good Oswald-did-it book which I could recommend. The problem, for me, is that almost all of them embrace the single-bullet theory as a fact, which, to me, is absolute rubbish. So I could no more recommend a book pushing this rubbish than I could a book pushing that Onassis did it so he could hook up with Jackie, or one in which a teenage hit man fired the fatal shot.

It is with high hopes then that I look to Robert Wagner's next book.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2020, 09:34:42 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2020, 01:04:03 AM »
Here's some good ones...

1, Accessories After the Fact by Sylvia Meagher (a smart lady looks at the facts)
2. Six Seconds in Dallas by Josiah Thompson (a brilliant philosophy professor re-examines the forensic evidence. Note while I disagree with many of my friend Tink's findings, there's no disputing he set a high bar.)
3. Post Mortem by Harold Weisberg (an almost Fellini-esque character study/rant revolving around a crotchety old man's efforts to make his government transparent and accountable.)
4. The Last Investigation by Gaeton Fonzi (a gripping detective story in which a journalist tries to get to the bottom of the murder of the century)
5. Someone Would Have Talked by Larry Hancock (the culmination of a hard-working man's efforts to separate the facts from the fiction, to see what remains).

There are, of course, a number of others which have something to offer.

I wish there was a good Oswald-did-it book which I could recommend. The problem, for me, is that almost all of them embrace the single-bullet theory as a fact, which, to me, is absolute rubbish. So I could no more recommend a book pushing this rubbish than I could a book pushing that Onassis did it so he could hook up with Jackie, or one in which a teenage hit man fired the fatal shot.

It is with high hopes then that I look to Robert Wagner's next book.

"Wubbish, wubbish, wubbish, wubbish, wubbish ..."

Regarding "The Impossible To Believe Single Bullet Theory," perhaps you should watch this (and the PBS Nova special from which it was excerpted).

--  MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:17:55 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2020, 10:14:56 PM »
I wish there was a good Oswald-did-it book which I could recommend. The problem, for me, is that almost all of them embrace the single-bullet theory as a fact, which, to me, is absolute rubbish.

The single bullet theory really is fact though. When you examine all of the available evidence, there really is no other plausible scenario. For you to say that the SBT is absolute rubbish makes me doubt that you are the real Pat Speer. Pat Speer is not a stupid guy and he has examined all of the available evidence. He doesn't embrace the SBT but he doesn't dismiss it outright either. Unless he's had some sort of head injury recently.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2020, 10:14:56 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2020, 10:36:31 PM »

I wish there was a good Oswald-did-it book which I could recommend.
If there isn't... [and I haven't run across one] --It's too late now.
The problem, for me, is that almost all of them embrace the single-bullet theory as a fact, which, to me, is absolute rubbish.
That is what a guy that was shot that day said [sort of]. 
that almost all of them embrace
Which lone gunman book does not endorse the SBT?