Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What are your top 5 JFK assassination books?  (Read 16929 times)

Offline Margaret Kelly

Re: What are your top 5 JFK assassination books?
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 11:29:28 PM »
Advertisement
The Manchester Affair

Thanks, hadn't even heard of that book. Gonna put that on to "to read" list.  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 11:29:28 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 11:51:17 PM »
1) The JFK Myths: A Scientific Investigation of the Kennedy Assassination, by Larry Sturdivan

2) With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit, by Dale Myers

3) Case Closed, by Gerald Posner

4) The Death of a President: November 20-November 25, 1963, by William Manchester

5) Reclaiming History: The Assassination Of President John F Kennedy,by Vincent Bugliosi **

**I haven't actually read Bugliosi's book from beginning to end because it's too damn long. 

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 11:57:15 PM »
Okay then, Steve.... I'll just have to accept the "tightness" of this "ball of yarn" as mere coincidence, or is it you who simply ignores what cannot be dealt with comfortably and conveniently? The FBI hierarchy and WC managers got a much closer look at Marina when it mattered and certainly disagreed with Margaret's, and I assume your similar high (or neutral) opinion of her.

Using just these two items as contradictory benchmarks to your opinions, I have to wonder if the three of us, so far participating in this thread, breath the same air, on the same planet.

The first item is the background of Priscilla's HSCA testimony that her progress on the book was impeded by the "concealed suicide" in 1969 of her father, Stuart. I would think the background details of the last person to see Priscilla's father alive, considering her HSCA testimony, the same individual who reported Stuart as missing, to police, would be an object of increased interest to HSCA, but instead, Priscilla's testimony was classified as secret, and was "buried".

The second is this, unless you can make yourself believe Priscilla did not know, in 1978, that her first cousin David Coit Davenport was CIA, but WC witness Sam Ballen, a friend of DeMohrenschildt, did just happen to know that Davenport was CIA.

Two people, Priscilla and Sam, who had met and briefly interacted with an obscure, "lone nut" who was simply attempting to make a name for himself that he anticipated would live on in infamy.... reunite at a dinner table. If the walls had ears.....

Unless I am misreading Davenport's obit, doesn't the top portion of the middle column describe a "career in intelligence"?

I've already documented that Priscilla placed herself and Marina in Davenport's "custody" in anticipation of the imminent release of the WCR, and that Davenport assigned his Santa Fe friend Jerome Allen Hasty AKA Hastings to shadow the two ladies, and that Hastings and Davenport were accused by the first cousin of Clark Clifford of setting her up, a year later, in 1965, for involuntary commitment to a New Mexico state mental institution.

More on Tom Devine..... https://www.maryferrell.org/php/cryptdb.php?id=WUBRINY-1
his M.I.T. frat mate happened to become Priscilla's CIA handler....

The bond of the 16 Sigma Chi frat housemates was apparently strong and quite enduring, even 64 years later!

Lawsuit over little bridge still cutts wide chasm in Shore town
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1992-07-31-1992213129-story.html
Jul 31, 1992 - ... opposing the bridge are Mr. Becker, a retired aviation lawyer; L. Garry and Barbara M. Coit, two former Central Intelligence Agency officials; .

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95706&relPageId=3
PARTIAL CONTACT REPORT ON MEETING WITH PRISCILLA JOHNSON 30-31 JAN 196 pg 1
WITH PRISCILLA JOHNSON 30-31 JAN 196 N 3/3/1964 COIT GARRY

"Dear Priscilla" https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=14786#relPageId=2&tab=page
CIA FROM GARRY TO PRISCILLA TITLE LETTER RE
RIF#: 104-10135-10090 (03/02/65) CIA#: 80T0135
LETTER, "I AM TRANSFERRING TO ANOTHER SECTION" AND GIVING NAME OF ANOTHER PERSON TO CONTACT IN THE FUTURE pg 1
Found in: HSCA Segregated CIA Collection, Box 49
ORIGINATOR CIA FROM COIT GARRY TO PRISCILLA TITLE LETTER "I AM TRANSFERRING TO ANOTHER SECTION AND GIVING NAME OF ANOTHER PERSON TO CONTACT IN THE FUTURE DATE 06/18/65 PAGES 1 SUBJECTS
RIF#: 104-10135-10092 (06/18/65) CIA#: 80T01357A

Dec. 6 specially decorated Bush '41 Train engine, was Billy Joe Lord on board?
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?action=post;quote=38753;topic=1439.0
A question I asked Dr. John McAdams during a discussion about Billy Joe Lord's early 1977 letter to President Jimmy Carter....

....Forgive me, but my expectation of a reasonable person is if they were actually considering what I presented and responding to it, they might ask, “why do you think “Jim Beamis” was Bush’s extremely close friend and close political advisor, Gerry Bemiss?

continued
Tom: My post was responding to the other poster, Ms. Kelly not yours.

I have no idea what Bush and Beamis and this or that has to do with what Mailer and/or McMillan wrote or what the best books on the assassination are. I think your material is for a different thread.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 11:57:15 PM »

Offline Margaret Kelly

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 12:01:59 AM »

Reclaiming History: The Assassination Of President John F Kennedy[/b],by Vincent Bugliosi **

**I haven't actually read Bugliosi's book from beginning to end because it's too damn long.

Same here. Its 2500 pages long when you include the notes PDF that comes in CD format with the book. Though the notes are eminently readable in and of themselves. Lots of useful info in there.

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 12:21:52 AM »
1. Reclaiming History
2. Case Closed
3. Marina and Lee
4. With Malice
5. Oswald's Tale

Honorable Mention:
Oswald's Game
Live by the Sword
The Interloper
Assassination Logic
I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak
Mrs. Paine's Garage
False Witness
Legend

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 12:21:52 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 01:15:31 AM »
It might help to list favorite books by decade or era. It may not rate as a favorite, but the "Warren Report" is a "must-read".

First-Generation (including Garrison Era, 1963-1971)
  • Six Seconds in Dallas  -  Thompson, 1967
  • The Day Kennedy Was Shot  -  Bishop, 1968
  • A Citizen's Dissent  -  Mark Lane, 1968
  • The Assassination of John F. Kennedy: The Reasons Why  -  Newman, 1970
  • After the Assassination  -  Sparrow, 1967
Watergate to HSCA (1972-1980)
  • Kennedy and Lincoln  -  Lattimer, 1980
  • The Assassination Please Almanac  -  Miller, 1977
  • Marina and Lee  -  McMillan, 1978
  • Best Evidence  -  Lifton, 1980
  • Books by Robert B. Cutler
Reagan Era (1981-1991)
  • Oswald's Game  -  Davison, 1983
  • Crossfire  -  Marrs, 1988
  • Conspiracy of One  -  Moore, 1990
  • Final Disclosure -  Belin, 1988
  • The Plot to Kill the President  -  Blakey, Billings 1981
"JFK" Movie Era (1992-2002)
  • Case Closed  -  Posner, 1992
  • Pictures of the Pain  -  Trask, 1994
  • High Treason 2  -  Livingstone, 1992
  • Mortal Error  -  Menninger, 1992
  • The Killing of a President  -  Groden, 1993
Current Era (2003-Now)
  • Reclaiming History  -  Bugliosi, 2007
Not familiar with the last era.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 01:16:39 AM »
Same here. Its 2500 pages long when you include the notes PDF that comes in CD format with the book. Though the notes are eminently readable in and of themselves. Lots of useful info in there.

The book organizes the events (usually chronologically) which helps in finding items of interest. And the source notes are plentiful, which makes verification and additional details easier to locate. I am considering getting the kindle version because the kindle has search capabilities of its own. And I suspect that it also has links integrated into the source notes (that are in the text of the book). If so, this would greatly enhance the user experience by making the source notes instantly accessible. Does anyone use the kindle version?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 01:16:39 AM »

Offline Margaret Kelly

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2020, 01:46:52 AM »
The book organizes the events (usually chronologically) which helps in finding items of interest. And the source notes are plentiful, which makes verification and additional details easier to locate. I am considering getting the kindle version because the kindle has search capabilities of its own. And I suspect that it also has links integrated into the source notes (that are in the text of the book). If so, this would greatly enhance the user experience by making the source notes instantly accessible. Does anyone use the kindle version?

I don't see the kindle version on Amazon? I'd be suspicious of it though. The audible version of the book is not of the entire book but only the first section of the book. It might be that the kindle version only covers the first section too. That would be no good to you.