Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What are your top 5 JFK assassination books?  (Read 17017 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: What are your top 5 JFK assassination books?
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2020, 01:35:51 PM »
Advertisement
11/22/63 by Stephen King.

Oh!  Sorry.

That was an interesting fictional account of the assassination.

Not unlike the Warren Commission Report.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2020, 01:35:51 PM »

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2020, 08:04:23 PM »
A good thread, seeing we all might find ourselves 'self isolating' for some considerable time. I've been listening to a lot of audio books at work.

In no particular order, but my fave audio books so far -

The Last Investigation - Gaeton Fonzi. Really informative stuff. I looked forward to listening to each chapter.

On The Trail of the JFK Assassins - Dick Russell. If you are interested in the CIA mind control theory re Oswald the 'patsy' - this is #1.

The Devil's Chessboard - David Talbot. Epic account of the opposition JFK faced, as a new POTUS, from the then era 'deep state'.

The Girl On The Stairs - Barry Ernest. Reading the physical book, nearly finished. Very good read so far. Backs up a lot of my own understanding of the Warren Commission's lack of real truth seeking. They couldn't afford to find a conspiracy -- hence cutting their cloth accordingly. 

Brothers - David Talbot. Helps explain why the Kennedy's, but Bobby in particular, remained mostly silent re the assassination of JFK. Never wait for tomorrow!

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2020, 07:06:03 PM »
A good thread, seeing we all might find ourselves 'self isolating' for some considerable time. I've been listening to a lot of audio books at work.

In no particular order, but my fave audio books so far -

The Last Investigation - Gaeton Fonzi. Really informative stuff. I looked forward to listening to each chapter.

On The Trail of the JFK Assassins - Dick Russell. If you are interested in the CIA mind control theory re Oswald the 'patsy' - this is #1.

The Devil's Chessboard - David Talbot. Epic account of the opposition JFK faced, as a new POTUS, from the then era 'deep state'.

The Girl On The Stairs - Barry Ernest. Reading the physical book, nearly finished. Very good read so far. Backs up a lot of my own understanding of the Warren Commission's lack of real truth seeking. They couldn't afford to find a conspiracy -- hence cutting their cloth accordingly. 

Brothers - David Talbot. Helps explain why the Kennedy's, but Bobby in particular, remained mostly silent re the assassination of JFK. Never wait for tomorrow!

Robert, RFK's silence certainly complicated POVs of researchers after his death. My time as a volunteer at JFKfacts opened my eyes to differences of opinion I had been unaware existed. This author, for example, an individual who, despite our many differences of opinion, I was able to develop a cordial, private dialogue with, supports an opinion that RFK was fond of Allen Dulles.:
https://jfkfacts.org/comment-of-the-week-2/#comment-826066

Thank you for pointing out the usefulness of humidifiers in these trying times. I do hope government, medical administrators, and private businesses have already been able to prevent profiteers from hobbling the availability of existing ventilators, by cornering the market for items like this, one time use, throw away items vital for multiple patient use.
https://coastbiomed.com/product/allied-autovent-epv-patient-circuit/
Found on this page.:
https://coastbiomed.com/product/allied-epv-200/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuPr7zJOd6AIVAYeGCh0ZYwX2EAYYASABEgIIPPD_BwE

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2020, 07:06:03 PM »

Offline Pat Speer

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2020, 12:47:23 AM »
Lane was a wild conspiracy theorist. Dangerous. Blood on his hands in Jonestown and then had the temerity to write a book saying the shooters were US forces. Absolutely disgraceful.

The most in depth piece we have about the assassination. Incredible book. Think it took me about 3 years to read it on and off.

I asked Lane about Jim Jones and he said something akin to "It's just crazy that people think I could have stopped what happened. I mean, if I had any idea what he was gonna do, would I have gone down there and almost got killed--to the point where I was literally running through the jungle in fear for my life?"

Everything he said indicated he thought Jones was responsible for what happened. I think I read somewhere that he once supported the theory Jones had been experimented upon by the army with mind-altering chemicals, but I wouldn't swear to it. In any event, he said nothing to me about US forces chasing him through the jungle, and suggested instead that it was Jones' followers doing the chasing. (If you have an exact quote as to his trying to blame the shootings on the US military, I would appreciate it.)

As for Bugliosi, I suspect he is a bit of a fake. Sections of his book regarding the timing of the shots stand in direct contradiction with one another. It seems clear, then, that he either changed his mind but forgot to change his book or that he allowed Dale Myers to write the first part of his book. (This charge was made by David Lifton after having a talk with a number of insiders at Bugliosi's publisher.) In any event, I studied Bugliosi's (and Myer's?) use of footnotes in his manifesto, and found he was incredibly deceptive if not blatantly dishonest. Here's a link
 http://www.patspeer.com/chapter9b%3Areclaiminghistoryfromreclaimin2

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2020, 10:09:02 PM »
Robert, RFK's silence certainly complicated POVs of researchers after his death. My time as a volunteer at JFKfacts opened my eyes to differences of opinion I had been unaware existed. This author, for example, an individual who, despite our many differences of opinion, I was able to develop a cordial, private dialogue with, supports an opinion that RFK was fond of Allen Dulles.:
https://jfkfacts.org/comment-of-the-week-2/#comment-826066

Thank you for pointing out the usefulness of humidifiers in these trying times. I do hope government, medical administrators, and private businesses have already been able to prevent profiteers from hobbling the availability of existing ventilators, by cornering the market for items like this, one time use, throw away items vital for multiple patient use.
https://coastbiomed.com/product/allied-autovent-epv-patient-circuit/
Found on this page.:
https://coastbiomed.com/product/allied-epv-200/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuPr7zJOd6AIVAYeGCh0ZYwX2EAYYASABEgIIPPD_BwE

Tom ... this convo between Johnson, Dulles, and RFK, seems to back up opinion RFK liked Alan Dulles, even trusted the guy. lol

https://millercenter.org/the-presidency/secret-white-house-tapes/conversation-allen-dulles-and-robert-kennedy-june-23-1964

Interesting? I've decided to listen again to 'Brothers' ... (from memory) David Talbot stated, with added disbelief, LBJ quoting RFK's demand for Dulles to be actively involved in the Warren Commission.

Dulles laughs hard when RFK says he trusts Dulles ... and then Dulles says ''I've been a little mad at you, over this bay of pigs book''. Any clue which book he means?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:22:40 PM by Robert Reeves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2020, 10:09:02 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2020, 12:22:11 AM »
Tom ... this convo between Johnson, Dulles, and RFK, seems to back up opinion RFK liked Alan Dulles, even trusted the guy. lol

https://millercenter.org/the-presidency/secret-white-house-tapes/conversation-allen-dulles-and-robert-kennedy-june-23-1964

Interesting? I've decided to listen again to 'Brothers' ... (from memory) David Talbot stated, with added disbelief, LBJ quoting RFK's demand for Dulles to be actively involved in the Warren Commission.

Dulles laughs hard when RFK says he trusts Dulles ... and then Dulles says ''I've been a little mad at you, over this bay of pigs book''. Any clue which book he means?

The Amazon books access was not available in early 2016, so I bought a used copy of Morris's book, "New York Days" Possibly Dulles blackmailed Bobby over assassination plots against Castro?
1 result for "was a god."

Page 34 Kennedy," he said, ". he thought he was a god." Even now these wo…

Certainly not this one, but it recounts an interview with the then future editor of Harper's Magazine a couple of years later, and it is assumed a reference to JFK.:

https://www.amazon.com/New-York-Days-Willie-Morris/dp/0316583987 (Click: Look inside: on left)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:33:25 AM by Tom Scully »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:38 PM »

The Kennedy brothers had also preserved a long-lasting association with Allen Dulles, then CIA Director. Letters in both the Kennedy and Dulles collections reflect that John and Robert Kennedy maintained correspondence with both Dulles brothers from at least 1955. Traveling in the same social sphere, Allen Dulles and John Kennedy were “comfortable with one another and there was a lot of mutual respect,” Richard Bissell said in an interview. In fact, Kennedy was known to regard Dulles as a legendary figure. Historian Herbert Parmet wrote, “Dulles often went to the Charles Wrightsman estate near Joe Kennedy’s Palm Beach House. As far back as Jack’s early days, they socialized down in Florida, much of the time swimming and playing golf.”152 Dulles himself said, “I knew Joe quite well from the days when he was head of the Securities and Exchange Commission.”

Russo, Gus. Live by the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK . Bancroft Press. Kindle Edition.

Dulles first met Jack Kennedy at the Kennedy Florida compound in 1955. They became fast friends. “Our contact was fairly continuous,” Dulles later said. “When [JFK] was in Palm Beach, we always got together.”159 Jack came to revere both Dulles’ intellect and accomplishments.

Russo, Gus. Live by the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK . Bancroft Press. Kindle Edition.

Robert Kennedy, too, was clearly impressed with Dulles. Regarding his performance at the time of the Bay of Pigs, Robert Kennedy later recalled, “Allen Dulles handled himself awfully well, with a great deal of dignity, and never attempted to shift the blame. The President was very fond of him, as I was.”160 He elaborated to historian Arthur Schlesinger, “He [JFK] liked him [Dulles]—thought he was a real gentleman, handled himself well. There were obviously so many mistakes made at the time of the Bay of Pigs that it wasn’t appropriate that he should stay on. And he always took the blame. He was a real gentleman. JFK thought very highly of him.”

160 - RFK interview by John B. Martin, 1 March 1964, RFK Oral History at the Kennedy Library

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:38 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2020, 01:44:06 PM »

The Kennedy brothers had also preserved a long-lasting association with Allen Dulles, then CIA Director. Letters in both the Kennedy and Dulles collections reflect that John and Robert Kennedy maintained correspondence with both Dulles brothers from at least 1955. Traveling in the same social sphere, Allen Dulles and John Kennedy were “comfortable with one another and there was a lot of mutual respect,” Richard Bissell said in an interview. In fact, Kennedy was known to regard Dulles as a legendary figure. Historian Herbert Parmet wrote, “Dulles often went to the Charles Wrightsman estate near Joe Kennedy’s Palm Beach House. As far back as Jack’s early days, they socialized down in Florida, much of the time swimming and playing golf.”152 Dulles himself said, “I knew Joe quite well from the days when he was head of the Securities and Exchange Commission.”

Dulles first met Jack Kennedy at the Kennedy Florida compound in 1955. They became fast friends. “Our contact was fairly continuous,” Dulles later said. “When [JFK] was in Palm Beach, we always got together.”159 Jack came to revere both Dulles’ intellect and accomplishments.

Robert Kennedy, too, was clearly impressed with Dulles. Regarding his performance at the time of the Bay of Pigs, Robert Kennedy later recalled, “Allen Dulles handled himself awfully well, with a great deal of dignity, and never attempted to shift the blame. The President was very fond of him, as I was.”160 He elaborated to historian Arthur Schlesinger, “He [JFK] liked him [Dulles]—thought he was a real gentleman, handled himself well. There were obviously so many mistakes made at the time of the Bay of Pigs that it wasn’t appropriate that he should stay on. And he always took the blame. He was a real gentleman. JFK thought very highly of him.”

160 - RFK interview by John B. Martin, 1 March 1964, RFK Oral History at the Kennedy Library

Plus JFK took responsibility for the Bay of Pigs mess. He knew beforehand that it had a very low probability of succeeding. His generals told him so. Plus he was a war vet himself. He must have known it was a stupid idea to send 1200 men to fight an army of 200,000 Castro solders.