Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The timing, accuracy and wounds SCREAMS Oswald with his FMJ bolt action rifle  (Read 14942 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Advertisement
Could the head shot have been carefully aimed?
There's always luck to consider...

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Gary Craig

LBJ and Russell September 9,1964:

RUSSELL: No, no, They're trying to prove that the same bullett that hit Kennedy first was the one that hit Connally, went through him and through his hand, his bone and into his leg... I couldn't hear all the evidence and cross-examine all of 'em. But I did read the record...I was the only fellow there that...suggested any change whatever in what the staff got up. This staff business always scares me. I like to put my own views down. But we got you a pretty good report.

LBJ: Well, what difference does it make which bullet got Connally?

RUSSELL: Well, it don't make much difference. But they said that...the commission believes that the same bullet that hit Kennedy hit Connally. Well I don't believe it.

LBJ: I don't either

RUSSELL: And so I couldn't sign it. And I said that Govenor Connally testified directly to the contrary and I'm not gonna approve of that. So I finnally made 'em say there was a difference in the commission,in that part of 'em believed that that wasn't so. And 'course if a fellow was accurate enough to hit Kennedy right in the neck on one shot and knock his head off in the next one-and he's leaning up against his wife's head-and not even wound her-why, he didn't miss completely with that third shot. But according to their theory, he not only missed the whole automobile, but he missed the the street! Well, a man that's a good enough shot to put two bullets right into Kennedy, he didn't miss that whole automobile.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=4271&relPageId=27
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:15:12 AM by gary craig »

Offline John Mytton

Calling wild-ass speculation "most likely" doesn't actually make it anything other than wild-ass speculation.

Considering that the head shot was the last shot leads to only one logical conclusion, that whoever was shooting had finally accomplished his mission.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

LBJ and Russell September 9,1964:

RUSSELL: No, no, They're trying to prove that the same bullett that hit Kennedy first was the one that hit Connally, went through him and through his hand, his bone and into his leg... I couldn't hear all the evidence and cross-examine all of 'em. But I did read the record...I was the only fellow there that...suggested any change whatever in what the staff got up. This staff business always scares me. I like to put my own views down. But we got you a pretty good report.

LBJ: Well, what difference does it make which bullet got Connally?

RUSSELL: Well, it don't make much difference. But they said that...the commission believes that the same bullet that hit Kennedy hit Connally. Well I don't believe it.

LBJ: I don't either

RUSSELL: And so I couldn't sign it. And I said that Govenor Connally testified directly to the contrary and I'm not gonna approve of that. So I finnally made 'em say there was a difference in the commission,in that part of 'em believed that that wasn't so. And 'course if a fellow was accurate enough to hit Kennedy right in the neck on one shot and knock his head off in the next one-and he's leaning up against his wife's head-and not even wound her-why, he didn't miss completely with that third shot. But according to their theory, he not only missed the whole automobile, but he missed the the street! Well, a man that's a good enough shot to put two bullets right into Kennedy, he didn't miss that whole automobile.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=4271&relPageId=27

*It is perhaps worth noting that out of the seven Commission members, the three who had problems with the single-bullet theory were among the least faithful in attending Commission hearings during which testimony was given, two of them the worst. Cooper missed 44 out of the 94 hearings, the fourth worst attendance record; Boggs missed 74 hearings, the second worst. Living up to Benjamin Franklin?s adage that an empty drum sounds the loudest, Russell, who should have been the quietest, was the loudest dissenter. Shockingly irresponsible, Russell only attended 6 out of the 94 hearings, having more important things to do at the time, namely, being the leader in the Senate of the South?s opposition to the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. In fairness to Russell, he did write a letter to Johnson on February 24, 1964, saying that because of his ?legislative duties,? he did not have enough time to serve on the Commission, but Warren ignored the letter, and Russell continued to serve. (Fite, Richard B. Russell, pp. 406, 416, 421) Chief Justice Warren, who was busier and had more responsibilities outside the Commission than anyone else on the Commission, had the best attendance record, commendably attending all or a portion of all 94 hearings. Representative Gerald Ford had the next best attendance record, showing up at 70 of the 94 hearings. Dulles attended 60, and McCloy 35
RHVB[/b]

JohnM

Offline Gary Craig

*It is perhaps worth noting that out of the seven Commission members, the three who had problems with the single-bullet theory were among the least faithful in attending Commission hearings during which testimony was given, two of them the worst. Cooper missed 44 out of the 94 hearings, the fourth worst attendance record; Boggs missed 74 hearings, the second worst. Living up to Benjamin Franklin?s adage that an empty drum sounds the loudest, Russell, who should have been the quietest, was the loudest dissenter. Shockingly irresponsible, Russell only attended 6 out of the 94 hearings, having more important things to do at the time, namely, being the leader in the Senate of the South?s opposition to the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. In fairness to Russell, he did write a letter to Johnson on February 24, 1964, saying that because of his ?legislative duties,? he did not have enough time to serve on the Commission, but Warren ignored the letter, and Russell continued to serve. (Fite, Richard B. Russell, pp. 406, 416, 421) Chief Justice Warren, who was busier and had more responsibilities outside the Commission than anyone else on the Commission, had the best attendance record, commendably attending all or a portion of all 94 hearings. Representative Gerald Ford had the next best attendance record, showing up at 70 of the 94 hearings. Dulles attended 60, and McCloy 35
RHVB[/b]
JohnM

::)

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

::)

Russell was talking to his Boss, so of course after Russell admitted he had an extremely poor attendance record he was going to say he read the record! But seriously this is like a Uni student thinking that he can get a pass by just reading the record and thinks that he knows it all but it's a lot harder than that, having situations explained, questions answered and comprehending difficult concepts is a lot easier to learn in a practical setting compared to figuratively  cramming unseen concepts the night before.

JohnM

Offline Bob Prudhomme

Hi Bob.....I thought that you would have had a little fun with Mr Mytton's  referring to the rifle as a Full Metal Jacket rifle.

"Oswald with his FMJ bolt action rifle"...John Mytton....

I never even saw that! LOL! He says so many stupid things, I have a tendency to gloss over his ramblings and rantings at times.

I wonder what an FMJ bolt action rifle looks like.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Gary Craig

Russell was talking to his Boss, so of course after Russell admitted he had an extremely poor attendance record he was going to say he read the record! But seriously this is like a Uni student thinking that he can get a pass by just reading the record and thinks that he knows it all but it's a lot harder than that, having situations explained, questions answered and comprehending difficult concepts is a lot easier to learn in a practical setting compared to figuratively  cramming unseen concepts the night before.
JohnM

You're comparing a university student to Russell? Geez you're thick.

"having situations explained, questions answered and comprehending difficult concepts is a lot easier to learn"

You don't think Russell's congressional staff or the paid legal and secretarial staff of the WC 

could have answered any questions he had?