Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The timing, accuracy and wounds SCREAMS Oswald with his FMJ bolt action rifle  (Read 14932 times)

Offline John Mytton

Advertisement

Timing

Multiple shots spaced over many seconds is typical of a bolt action rifle.

Accuracy

Yeah sure a triangulation of snipers are going to continually miss their target which was moving relatively slowly down Elm Street, as if! Whereas Oswald who was a little rusty missed his first shot and realistically his second shot can also be classified as a miss because JFK's head must have been the target and then the last shot was too high and almost missed, some professional.

Wounds

Kennedy's neck wound was a straight through and through injury a classic FMJ wound whereas a sniper's bullet would have caused a terrible wound and most probably would have killed Kennedy immediately but Oswald who only had a military weapon left two neat holes. Also the theory that Kennedy's back of neck bullet only went in an inch is not supported by the Xrays and beyond that the physics of a slowed bullet only entering an inch, yet not falling short is illogical.

JohnM

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:02:00 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

Timing

Accuracy

Yeah sure a triangulation of snipers are going to continually miss their target which was moving relatively slowly down Elm Street, as if! Whereas Oswald who was a little rusty missed his first shot and realistically his second shot can also be classified as a miss because JFK's head must have been the target and then the last shot was too high and almost missed, some professional.

Wounds

Kennedy's neck wound was a straight through and through injury a classic FMJ wound whereas a sniper's bullet would have caused a terrible wound and most probably would have killed Kennedy immediately but Oswald who only had a military weapon left two neat holes. Also the theory that Kennedy's back of neck bullet only went in an inch is not supported by the Xrays and beyond that the physics of a slowed bullet only entering an inch, yet not falling short is illogical.

JohnM

John,

I agree with your theory ... but not your new avatar.

Offline John Mytton

John,

I agree with your theory ... but not your new avatar.

I agree with your theory

Yep, a professional sniper would need one shot. But clumsy Oswald needed three.

... but not your new avatar

Ahhh well, at least your avatar is smokin'!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Joe Elliott

Timing

Accuracy

Wounds

JohnM

I agree with your post.

Oswald most likely was aiming at the head the whole time. He was trying to kill, not wound. At more than 200 yards, with the entire torso visible as well as the head, I can see him electing a center torso shot. But not for shots under 100 yards.

In addition, with the angular speeds of about:

1st shot:   z153   3.70 degrees per second     miss by 60+ inches
2nd shot:   z222   1.80 degrees per second     miss by  8  inches
3rd shot:   z312   0.55 degrees per second     miss by  2  inches

It makes sense Oswald would get more accurate with each shot. The shots were all under 100 yards and with the angular speed of the target continuously dropping as the limousine got further down Elm Street, we should expect the shots to get more accurate.

All and all, I think this match one what one might expect of a shooter who was:

** several years past his Marine training (I would guess not such a big deal for
     shots under 100 yards shots)

** Not real familiar with his rifle (a possible problem, but he did get in 15, 35, 55, etc. practice shots)

** Several months away from practicing shots with that rifle

** Not trained at hitting moving targets, so perhaps not aware he should wait until the
     limousine is further down the street before trying the first shot.

But on the other hand:

** Received Marine training, using iron sights, at targets 200, 300 and 500 yards away.

I find the shooting by Oswald pretty plausible.

Certainly, I would expect a conspiracy to employ shooters who would hit with the first shot. Miss with other shots if they liked, just to make it look like Oswald. But don?t miss with the first and risk Kennedy ducking down or Jackie pulling him down.

Offline John Mytton

But don?t miss with the first and risk Kennedy ducking down or Jackie pulling him down.

Yes this, the shots were taken over an 8 second timespan because it took Oswald that amount of time to repeatedly aim reload and fire, whereas an organised hit would be all over in a second.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

I agree with your post.

Oswald most likely was aiming at the head the whole time. He was trying to kill, not wound. At more than 200 yards, with the entire torso visible as well as the head, I can see him electing a center torso shot. But not for shots under 100 yards.

In addition, with the angular speeds of about:

1st shot:   z153   3.70 degrees per second     miss by 60+ inches
2nd shot:   z222   1.80 degrees per second     miss by  8  inches
3rd shot:   z312   0.55 degrees per second     miss by  2  inches

It makes sense Oswald would get more accurate with each shot. The shots were all under 100 yards and with the angular speed of the target continuously dropping as the limousine got further down Elm Street, we should expect the shots to get more accurate.

All and all, I think this match one what one might expect of a shooter who was:

** several years past his Marine training (I would guess not such a big deal for
     shots under 100 yards shots)

** Not real familiar with his rifle (a possible problem, but he did get in 15, 35, 55, etc. practice shots)

** Several months away from practicing shots with that rifle

** Not trained at hitting moving targets, so perhaps not aware he should wait until the
     limousine is further down the street before trying the first shot.

But on the other hand:

** Received Marine training, using iron sights, at targets 200, 300 and 500 yards away.

I find the shooting by Oswald pretty plausible.

Certainly, I would expect a conspiracy to employ shooters who would hit with the first shot. Miss with other shots if they liked, just to make it look like Oswald. But don?t miss with the first and risk Kennedy ducking down or Jackie pulling him down.

The last sentence in the final paragraph is logical.

Offline Ross Lidell

BANG!!...................................................................................BANG!!! BANG!!!!............

Bolt action rifle, my foot.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the coverup."

Are YOU part of the coverup?

Can you refer to an audio recording that supports your shot-spacing theory?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

C

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the coverup."

Are YOU part of the coverup?

Can you refer to an audio recording that discredits it?

I don't need to refer to an audio recording: because there is none as you well know.

Considering you made a comment inferring a short space between the 2nd and 3rd shots and a longer space between the 1st and 2nd shots: what are your specific time points.