Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was There a Dedicated Fork Lift Operator for the TSBD Warehouse?  (Read 4904 times)

Online James Hackerott

Was There a Dedicated Fork Lift Operator for the TSBD Warehouse?
« on: February 06, 2020, 03:01:54 AM »
Advertisement
I ask because I recently listened to a portion of the Ken DuVall oral history in the museum's Reading Room. Mr. DuVall recalled LHO operating the fork lift to load(or unload?) DuVall's truck until about 30 minutes before the President was to pass the Depository. Thank you.
James

JFK Assassination Forum

Was There a Dedicated Fork Lift Operator for the TSBD Warehouse?
« on: February 06, 2020, 03:01:54 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was There a Dedicated Fork Lift Operator for the TSBD Warehouse?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 04:07:07 PM »
I ask because I recently listened to a portion of the Ken DuVall oral history in the museum's Reading Room. Mr. DuVall recalled LHO operating the fork lift to load(or unload?) DuVall's truck until about 30 minutes before the President was to pass the Depository. Thank you.
James

I've never heard of a fork lift being used at the TSBD.....  And I don't recall seeing a forklift in any of the many photos that I've seen.   But....  I do know that the boxes of books were stacked on pallets ...... which would indicate that a fork lift might have been in use.     If there was a forklift at the TSBD ....I doubt that Lee Oswald would have been allowed to operate it, because he was a new hire, and he didn't even know how to drive a car.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 05:09:16 PM »
  It's 1963, it's the South, and OSHA ain't the OSHA we know today. I would bet that most every Tom, Dick, and Harry that had been at the TSBD 2 weeks would be capable of handling an alleged forklift when mandated by mgt or a straw boss like Shelley. I would Not be surprised if they shuttled the same forklift between the 2 TSBD's. They also had a railroad spur running behind the TSBD which wrapped around the rear of the Pergola. I doubt TSBD employees would be loading/unloading the railroad cars sitting on this Spur by hand. My major concerns would be: (1) Where was the alleged TRUCK specifically located while being unloaded? and (2) Was the truck gone by the time the JFK Limo passed by the TSBD? We already have that mysterious Laundry Truck that was parked at the corner of Elm/Houston St/ right alongside the Dal Tex Bld. This Laundry Truck Immediately Vanished after the Kill Shot. Now, we are hearing about an Additional Truck that was present at the TSBD 30 minutes before the Kill Shot. Mmmmmmm...........
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:14:40 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 05:09:16 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »
  It's 1963, it's the South, and OSHA ain't the OSHA we know today. I would bet that most every Tom, Dick, and Harry that had been at the TSBD 2 weeks would be capable of handling an alleged forklift when mandated by mgt or a straw boss like Shelley. I would Not be surprised if they shuttled the same forklift between the 2 TSBD's. They also had a railroad spur running behind the TSBD which wrapped around the rear of the Pergola. I doubt TSBD employees would be loading/unloading the railroad cars sitting on this Spur by hand. My major concerns would be: (1) Where was the alleged TRUCK specifically located while being unloaded? and (2) Was the truck gone by the time the JFK Limo passed by the TSBD? We already have that mysterious Laundry Truck that was parked at the corner of Elm/Houston St/ right alongside the Dal Tex Bld. This Laundry Truck Immediately Vanished after the Kill Shot. Now, we are hearing about an Additional Truck that was present at the TSBD 30 minutes before the Kill Shot. Mmmmmmm...........

.... mmmmmmmassive paranoia continues to run amok amongst you lot.

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 07:01:00 PM »
I also never heard or saw any reference to a Forklift James. Most likely, if need be, a Pallet Jack was used, as it could have been moved floor to floor.
Yeah, I was also thinking pallet jacks would be a good solution.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 07:01:00 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 07:07:07 PM »
Not one truck, but two. DuVall says he and another worker were instructed to take two (garbled) to the TSBD, spot them, and load them. The forklift was not the only "Say What?" moment in the oral history. I could only listen to 15 minutes of the 41 minute history before I could not take any more.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »
DuVall sounds like he was blowing some big ones.  He also indicated he was sitting on the steps of the TSBD and when JFKs car approached he saw a man in black car parked next to the TSBD get out with a rifle.  Something no film or photos shows.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 08:30:08 PM »
There was another TSBD facility a short distance away. We, understandably, haven’t been given much information about it. Just guessing, but perhaps they kept a forklift there for the very large stuff. And the facility at Elm and Houston typically handled smaller shipments (after the largest ones were broken down and divided at the other facility)? I do seem to remember one of the workers saying that they took some of the shipments leaving the Elm Street facility to the post office on their own truck.