Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Passport History  (Read 2347 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Oswald's Passport History
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 11:29:00 AM »
Advertisement
On the New Orleans Jun 24 1963 passport list ..about 25 names...Oswald's name had a NO beside it.
When explaining stuff-- Frances Knight testifiedWe weren't told what M and N meant and thanks to Mr Ford...what R meant.

The State Department had no legal grounds for denying any American a passport since the Supreme Court had ruled in 1958 that travel abroad was a right of all citizens.

The FBI had not placed LHO on the watch list for those seeking passports because, its investigation of LHO had disclosed no evidence that LHO was acting under the instruction or on behalf of any foreign government or instrumentality thereof.

Both the legal adviser to the US Department of State, Abram Chayes, and the assistant chief of the Legal Division of the Passport Office of the Department of State, Carroll Hamilton Seeley Jr., told the Warren Commission that based on LHO’s background he had a right to a passport and he could not legally be denied one. Seeley added that another former defector, Paul David Wilson, had applied for a passport and received it as a routine issuance.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 11:29:00 AM »

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »
From Reasonable Doubt by Henry Hurt:

The fact that Oswald was believed by officials to be working for some agency is supported by an FBI memorandum explaining why the bureau failed to flag to the State Department Oswald's passport—making it possible for his application at New Orleans to breeze through the process in one day. Referring to Oswald, the FBI memorandum notes: "We did not know definitely whether or not he had any intelligence assignments at that time."

Foreign or domestic?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »
To save a few bucks, my first passport picture was taken by my secretary and printed in my office on a dot matrix printer. There were certain requirements that it had to meet. They were explained in the instructions for the passport application.
Based on the appearance, LHO’s known frugality, and lack of excess money, I would suggest that he most likely used an old photo for the visa application.

Could be. Somewhere I thought I read that "Oswald" was told to go get pictures taken for the visa.
I tried to put photos in alleged order 1. 1963 passport- Jun24 ...2. New Orleans arrest Aug 9...3. Visa photo Sept 30?...4. Dallas Nov 22

I have noticed that Wikipedia changed out the main Oswald page photo from the Alek Hidell photo to a prisoner photo....

I wonder why they did that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 04:14:50 PM »
Could be. Somewhere I thought I read that "Oswald" was told to go get pictures taken for the visa.
I tried to put photos in alleged order 1. 1963 passport- Jun24 ...2. New Orleans arrest Aug 9...3. Visa photo Sept 30?...4. Dallas Nov 22

I have noticed that Wikipedia changed out the main Oswald page photo from the Alek Hidell photo to a prisoner photo....

I wonder why they did that?

Somewhere I thought I read that "Oswald" was told to go get pictures taken for the visa.

Duran directed him to do that in Mexico City for an application for a visa to visit Cuba.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 11:54:20 PM »

Somewhere I thought I read that "Oswald" was told to go get pictures taken for the visa.

Duran directed him to do that in Mexico City for an application for a visa to visit Cuba.
[Scratching head] I wonder why Ms Duran would dispatch someone to get photos for a visa she should have known they couldn't get? According to the story-------
Duran was suspicious of Lee Harvey Oswald. She could not understand why Oswald had not applied in advance by contacting the Communist Party in Cuba. Duran told him that he would need a passport photograph to apply for a visa for Cuba. He returned an hour later with the photograph.

Duran then told Oswald she could not issue a transit visa without confirmation that he had clearance for travel to the Soviet Union. Oswald was told it would be at least seven days before his transit visa could be issued. Oswald replied that he could only stay for three days.

Duran then told him he would need to visit the Soviet embassy to get the necessary paperwork. This he did but Vice Consul Oleg Nechiperenko informed him that the visa application would be sent to the Soviet embassy in Washington and would take about four months. Oswald then returned to the Cuban consulate at 4.00 and told Duran that he had been to the Soviet Embassy and that they were willing to give him a visa straight away. Duran phoned the embassy and was told that Oswald was lying and that the visa would not be issued for some time. After a brief argument Oswald left the consulate. Six times Oswald needed to pass the newly installed CIA camera as part of the LIERODE operation.
https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKduranS.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 11:54:20 PM »