Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is the revolver a S&W?  (Read 16789 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Is the revolver a S&W?
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »
Advertisement

Thank you.... For offering your opinion.   I'm not sure that I agree...let's see if others will look at the revolver and offer their opinion.

You’re welcome. If we all thought the same things, we wouldn’t have much to discuss...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2020, 10:43:50 PM »

Best a kook could manage

;D

If the police confiscated holster is in the archives...then someone should have been able to observe and photograph it up close after all these years.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 11:44:13 PM »
If the police confiscated holster is in the archives...then someone should have been able to observe and photograph it up close after all these years.

They see conspiracy everywhere.

Blue Ribbon Commission - 56 Years On and Findings Still Valid

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 11:44:13 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2020, 01:10:28 AM »
They see conspiracy everywhere.
OK don't blow out an artery there. Just make sure you look under the bed tonight ;)
I found it...but your picture is better.
So...Supposedly, Oswald used that [really, really, really worn] holster that one time for these BY pictures and then hung on to it as a kind of keepsake?
Or perhaps he took this pistol and a bus out of town and played Mr Quick Draw Ozzie out in the country with it?
Of course, this blueish ribbon panel didn't ever have to answer these questions.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you ever see him make up a bag or sack or anything like that, to hold a rifle?
Mrs. OSWALD. No.
(The article referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 142, for identification.)
Mr. THORNE. Exhibit 143 is a pistol.
Mrs. OSWALD. Lee Oswald's.
Mr. RANKIN. You recognize that as a pistol of your husband?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
Mr. RANKIN. I offer in evidence Exhibit 143.
The CHAIRMAN. It may be admitted.
(The article referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 143, and received in evidence.)
Mr. THORNE. Exhibit 144 is a leather pistol holster.
Mrs. OSWALD. That is a holster for Lee's pistol.
Mr. RANKIN. Is Exhibit 144 the same holster that is in those pictures that you took?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
Mr. RANKIN. And the pistol is the same pistol as in those pictures?
Mrs. OSWALD. As much as I can tell.
Mr. RANKIN. At least they appear to be, as far as you can tell?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
Mr. RANKIN. And the rifle is the same, or appears to be, is it not?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
The CHAIRMAN. It may be admitted.
(The article referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 144, and received in evidence.)

Unfortunately...there was no "Blue Ribbon" cross-examination available.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »
OK don't blow out an artery there. Just make sure you look under the bed tonight ;)
I found it...but your picture is better.
So...Supposedly, Oswald used that [really, really, really worn] holster that one time for these BY pictures and then hung on to it as a kind of keepsake?

The wear on the holster indicates to me that Oswald was willing to buy worn but usable gun-related items, probably from local gun shops or surplus stores. Might have bought loose revolver bullets with worn-off wash from a cardboard barrel with a label "Slight marks, reduced price." The Backyard Photos shows a rope sling on the rifle; that's a sign of cheapness. The rifle was found with a sling cleverly improvised from a shoulder-harness strap for a USAF holster, possibly from a surplus store. Maybe the USAF holster and sling was originally meant for the S&W.

Or perhaps he took this pistol and a bus out of town and played Mr Quick Draw Ozzie out in the country with it?
Of course, this blueish ribbon panel didn't ever have to answer these questions.

They weren't charged with answering absurd dead-end questions asked only to sow innuendo. If they had, critics would have attacked them for speculating. The Commission wasn't a playground for kooks and loons; that would be today's US Senate.

Unfortunately...there was no "Blue Ribbon" cross-examination available.

Mr. FREEMAN.  Now, Mrs. Oswald, I'm going to hide CE 144 from you. Would you cover your eyes, please? Thank you. Now, can you describe any distinguishing marks on the holster?
Mrs. OSWALD.  No, I don't recall. I saw it a few times and from a distance.
Mr. FREEMAN.  So you can't positively identify the holster?
Mrs. OSWALD.  Well, it was found in his room ...
Mr. FREEMAN.  (interrupting) ... Now, Mrs. Oswald, can you explain why the picture of the holster in the exhibit is so fuzzy and faint?
Mrs. OSWALD.  No.
Mr. FREEMAN. Was it done to reflect your memory of the holster's appearance?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2020, 07:41:10 PM »
The wear on the holster indicates to me that Oswald was willing to buy worn but usable gun-related items, probably from local gun shops or surplus stores. Might have bought loose revolver bullets with worn-off wash from a cardboard barrel with a label "Slight marks, reduced price." The Backyard Photos shows a rope sling on the rifle; that's a sign of cheapness. The rifle was found with a sling cleverly improvised from a shoulder-harness strap for a USAF holster, possibly from a surplus store. Maybe the USAF holster and sling was originally meant for the S&W.

They weren't charged with answering absurd dead-end questions asked only to sow innuendo. If they had, critics would have attacked them for speculating. The Commission wasn't a playground for kooks and loons; that would be today's US Senate.

Mr. FREEMAN.  Now, Mrs. Oswald, I'm going to hide CE 144 from you. Would you cover your eyes, please? Thank you. Now, can you describe any distinguishing marks on the holster?
Mrs. OSWALD.  No, I don't recall. I saw it a few times and from a distance.
Mr. FREEMAN.  So you can't positively identify the holster?
Mrs. OSWALD.  Well, it was found in his room ...
Mr. FREEMAN.  (interrupting) ... Now, Mrs. Oswald, can you explain why the picture of the holster in the exhibit is so fuzzy and faint?
Mrs. OSWALD.  No.
Mr. FREEMAN. Was it done to reflect your memory of the holster's appearance?

The Backyard Photos shows a rope sling on the rifle;

Really???  Do you really believe that there is a "rope sling" ON THE RIFLE, Mr O???

Please enlighten me.....Where was that "rope sling" attached?   What was it's purpose ??

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2020, 07:54:00 PM »
The Backyard Photos shows a rope sling on the rifle;

Really???  Do you really believe that there is a "rope sling" ON THE RIFLE, Mr O???

Please enlighten me.....Where was that "rope sling" attached?   What was it's purpose ??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2020, 07:54:00 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2020, 08:24:59 PM »
The wear on the holster indicates to me that Oswald was willing to buy worn but usable gun-related items, probably from local gun shops or surplus stores. Might have bought loose revolver bullets with worn-off wash from a cardboard barrel with a label "Slight marks, reduced price." The Backyard Photos shows a rope sling on the rifle;
There was no rope. And we have more probables...might haves...and could bes. No matter how unlikely it may seem--Oswald did it...that homicidal creep :(   
So, the BRWC wasn't out to save some political asses?... Truth was their only client....my rear end.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:38:37 PM by Jerry Freeman »