Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: LN perspective v CT perspective  (Read 4185 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: LN perspective v CT perspective
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 06:45:54 PM »
Advertisement
Getting back to the question in the OP, I'm not a "conspiracy theorist" because I don't have a conspiracy theory.  My position is that there is not sufficient evidence to determine beyond a reasonable doubt who shot JFK.  What little physical evidence there is, is weak, circumstantial, and tainted in some way.  Therefore the case for Oswald has to rely on rhetorical arguments like "he didn't show any interest in the motorcade".

What would it take to question my stance?  Better evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 06:45:54 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »
I would find it strange if the little prick had all-of-a-sudden undergone a massive personality change and actually became talkative, engaged, and friendly.

And he already knew more than anyone else anyway.
 ;)
Right, I know you're being "provocative" <g> but back to my point: he apparently showed no interest in the events? He didn't stay around the TSBD and watch what was happening? Listen to people? He just leaves within, reportedly, about three minutes?

Mrs. Robert Reid, an office worker in the building, said she went back into the building after hearing the shots. She testified that she saw Oswald walking in the second floor and said to him (para), "The president was shot; but maybe they missed.."

He, according to her, mumbled something she couldn't understand and kept walking.

Is that what you'd do? Not me. I'd ask if she knew anything more about it.

Oswald was a deeply politically engaged person. Piper and Dougherty were, based on what we know, not those types. They were, from what they said about themselves, simple workers trying to scratch out a living. Completely different types of people than Oswald.

Anyone who finds their behavior curious but not Oswald's is believing in some very odd things.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 08:26:46 PM »
He, according to her, mumbled something she couldn't understand and kept walking.

If she couldn't make out what he was saying then how do you know he could make out what she was saying?

Oswald was a deeply politically engaged person. Piper and Dougherty were, based on what we know, not those types.

What do "we" know one way or the other about Piper and Dougherty's political interests?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 08:26:46 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 09:22:32 PM »
If she couldn't make out what he was saying then how do you know he could make out what she was saying?

What do "we" know one way or the other about Piper and Dougherty's political interests?

Whatever it is that we think we know is for the biggest part coming from one main source and for us simple folk there's hardly any way of checking the veracity of what we have been told. Sure, here or there we can find some contradictions, perhaps even some evidence of shenanigans, but it doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the real story, whatever that may be....

Right, I know you're being "provocative" <g> but back to my point: he apparently showed no interest in the events? He didn't stay around the TSBD and watch what was happening? Listen to people? He just leaves within, reportedly, about three minutes?

Mrs. Robert Reid, an office worker in the building, said she went back into the building after hearing the shots. She testified that she saw Oswald walking in the second floor and said to him (para), "The president was shot; but maybe they missed.."

Oswald was a deeply politically engaged person. Piper and Dougherty were, based on what we know, not those types. They were, from what they said about themselves, simple workers trying to scratch out a living. Completely different types of people than Oswald.

Anyone who finds their behavior curious but not Oswald's is believing in some very odd things.

He just leaves within, reportedly, about three minutes?

The operative word here is "reportedly". The truth is that we don't know when exactly Oswald left the building and how. All we really know for sure is that he was arrested at the Texas Theater a little over an hour after the murder. Everything else in between... the entire narative is just a story

I do not necessarily disagree with you, but I have found time after time that what one person finds strange another finds normal. You can not really go by what you would have done in that situation and then make a judgement call about what Oswald is alleged to have done.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 10:17:40 PM »

It matters not one iota as to what you, myself or anyone else on the planet 'would do' in someone else's place. At any rate, Reid stated that she wasn't really listening to what Oswald mumbled because he looked calm and it apparently didn't cross her mind at all that he had anything to do with the shooting. Yes, he kept walking.. but so did she.

I would be surprised if Oswald would have suddenly become a chatterbox:

Mr. BELIN. Mrs. Reid, since the tragedy of November 22, have there been any discussions that you have heard among any employees which might relate to the character insofar as the Personal habits or what-have-you of Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mrs. REID. The only thing I have heard anybody say was he never talked to anybody, he always went about his business*, that is the only thing I heard the employees say.
Mr. BELIN. Did you ever hear anyone say that he might have been friendly with at least one other employee?
Mrs. REID. No; I have not.

*Going about his business at that particular time apparently prioritized hitting the road over engaging in idle chit-chat with staff members.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:34:24 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 10:17:40 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2020, 01:29:54 AM »
I always assumed it was a conspiracy until I started reading about it really.

On that note, one of the things thaat at least points to Oswald being the shooter or at the very least part of a plot was - as you say someone interested (obsessed) with politics - just leaving fore the day after the president is assassinated outside the building he worked in. Kind of shrug of the shoulders and may as well go to the cinema kind of thing.

Nah.

If you were honest with yourself, you'd admit that you became confused and simply decided the easiest way was to accept the fairy tale created by LBJ's Special Blue Ribbon Committee

Offline David Monaghan

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2020, 01:34:00 AM »
So Mr Monahan accepts Lee Oswald's word that Lee was inside the TSBD at the time that JFK was ambushed and murdered ......Perhaps he's unaware that Lee didn't simply say that he was in the TSBD.....He specified that he was in the 1st floor lunchroom at the time the president passed by the TSBD.
It's Monaghan thanks. Pointless response as regardless he wasn't outside. 1,2,3,4,5th,floor who cares, my point is ( from a CT) If he wasn't involved and knew of an impending plot which could potentially be traced or blamed on him i'm pretty sure i'd have been making a point of being noticed by co workers during this shooting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2020, 01:34:00 AM »

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2020, 03:22:53 PM »
The operative word here is "reportedly". The truth is that we don't know when exactly Oswald left the building and how. All we really know for sure is that he was arrested at the Texas Theater a little over an hour after the murder. Everything else in between... the entire narative is just a story

Bus transfer, landlady saw him, taxi driver. Are we ignoring this evidence now?