Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why are writers still writing books on the JFK event?  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Paul May

Why are writers still writing books on the JFK event?
« on: January 20, 2020, 04:23:27 PM »
Advertisement
It has been 20,513 days since the JFK assassination. This begs the question: what’s new that could possibly induce an author in 2020 to invest time and effort to write one more book on the event? I personally invested my time and efforts in researching this case for some 50+ years now. I’m satisfied with the conclusions I’ve reached. To a 99 percentile, LHO shot at and killed JFK. To a 75 percentile, he acted alone with no outside help. The past 5 years or so I’ve stepped back and only occasionally read blogs on the internet regarding the event.

Yet, the conversations taking place in 2020 are not much different in substance nor style from 2015, 2010, 2000 or 1990. The same arguments exist, from both sides. The subject matter is never new nor relevant. So, why are books still being written?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 04:24:21 PM by Paul May »

JFK Assassination Forum

Why are writers still writing books on the JFK event?
« on: January 20, 2020, 04:23:27 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Why are writers still writing books on the JFK event?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 05:57:17 PM »
Things can't be resolved to an absolute. So anything is possible.

Among LNers alone, there's the first shot at: Z130s or Z160s or Z190s.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 06:18:43 PM »
It has been 20,513 days since the JFK assassination. This begs the question: what’s new that could possibly induce an author in 2020 to invest time and effort to write one more book on the event? I personally invested my time and efforts in researching this case for some 50+ years now. I’m satisfied with the conclusions I’ve reached. To a 99 percentile, LHO shot at and killed JFK. To a 75 percentile, he acted alone with no outside help. The past 5 years or so I’ve stepped back and only occasionally read blogs on the internet regarding the event.

Yet, the conversations taking place in 2020 are not much different in substance nor style from 2015, 2010, 2000 or 1990. The same arguments exist, from both sides. The subject matter is never new nor relevant. So, why are books still being written?

“Malcontent” by Sean DeGrilla (2019) offers a computer voice stress analysis of LHO which new technology has recently made feasible and purportedly more accurate...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 06:18:43 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 06:56:35 PM »
To a scientific certainty?

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 07:18:27 PM »

New books are always being written about historic events.

I wasn’t born at the time of the JFK assassination but I find the topic fascinating.

And, yeah, even 50+ years later you can learn something new about the event or the people involved with the investigations.

It was a major turning point in US history. Arguably, the beginning of the downfall of American trust in our institutions...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:20:55 PM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 07:18:27 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 07:53:01 PM »
To a scientific certainty?

No, I don’t think so Paul. The science behind CVSA requires interpretation. However, DeGrilla says that he had two experts, each with many years of experience in the field, independently interpret the charts with the same results. Here is a quote from the book:

The body between the ‘rise’ and ‘decay’ show that without a doubt, Oswald was lying when he stated he was a patsy.

(emphasis added by me)

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 08:21:51 PM »
There is a perceived commercial market, despite the dismal sales numbers of nearly all JFKA related books, driven in part by actual shortcomings of government (mainly, arrogance, see government intransigence vs transparency intent in  bi-partisan ARRB legislation) transparency and responsiveness. In this thread for example, why would an obscure federal museum not simply be responsive to evolving technology by parting with a sliver of JW Booth's backbone for DNA comparison analysis, especially considering the reputations of those making the request, the facts they gathered and brought to the table, and the public and media fascination since the first decade of the last century?

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1657.0.html
Lincoln Assassination Status: a Still Open or Reopenable FBI Investigation?
« on: January 22, 2019,

Booth's descendants are cooperative, especially considering the government did not conduct itself in a manner providing a clear chain of custody of the core evidence, Booth's body. They initially subjected it to the "bin Laden," treatment; "we disposed of it, this way, trust us!"
https://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20130817/MAGAZINE/308179967
Outliers: Bones of contention key to John Wilkes Booth mystery
By Modern Healthcare  | August 17, 2013
The National Museum of Health and Medicine could hold the key to answering a controversy that's nearly 150 years old: Is President Lincoln's assassin actually buried in the historic Green Mount Cemetery in Baltimore?...

....However, earlier this year, the U.S. Army Medical Command, which is in charge of the museum, denied the request, since a proposed DNA test would require using less than 0.4 grams of the bones. In a letter to Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), who helped submit the request, the museum said ?the need to preserve these bones for future generations compels us to decline the destructive test.?

The publication of this book provided an opportunity to prove it's core premise as nonsense stemming from incompetent research.:

book.google.com
Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, ...
Peter Janney - 2013 - ‎History
... Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision for World Peace Peter Janney ... Scully took issue with my assertion that Mitchell had either possibly been Mary Meyer's ... Ironically, in his effort to discredit me and Mary's Mosaic, Tom Scully opened up ...

It had little to no effect on "the fevered," but the author did retract his accusation against what turned out to be not a vanished CIA assassin covering his tracks by giving false witness testimony in the 1965 Ray Crump murder trial, but a California University system academic living a normal and open life, since 1965.
If the book wasn't written, we would not be aware author Janney and his friend Doug Horne are not seeking verifiable facts, wherever the trail leads. They are resentful of reliable evidence conflicting with their agenda and of those who find and present what they don't want to know.

There are surprisingly few who are openminded, on either side of the argument, but our political beliefs are similarly entrenched! So, a book is like a pitch, an opportunity to whack it out of the park or for readers to expose it as a foul ball. The emergence of the internet renders books obsolete. How many are ever  revised to respond to proven challenges of their contents?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:47:09 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 08:21:51 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 09:04:54 PM »
No, I don’t think so Paul. The science behind CVSA requires interpretation. However, DeGrilla says that he had two experts, each with many years of experience in the field, independently interpret the charts with the same results. Here is a quote from the book:

The body between the ‘rise’ and ‘decay’ show that without a doubt, Oswald was lying when he stated he was a patsy.

(emphasis added by me)

Thanks Charles