Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Silent Conspiracy  (Read 13415 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Silent Conspiracy
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2020, 04:40:15 PM »
Advertisement
Where did we borrow the title?

Probably a better book :-\
Oswald's alleged threat to kill JFK occurred at the Cuban embassy, not the consulate.
An allegation should be based on something besides a whim.
The difference between an embassy and a consulate is that an embassy is headed by an ambassador and a consulate is headed by a consul general. A sending country's diplomatic mission to another has only one embassy. If the mission is resident in the host country, then the embassy is located in the capital.
The Cubans have an Embassy in Mexico City. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2020, 04:40:15 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2020, 04:51:39 PM »

Probably a better book :-\An allegation should be based on something besides a whim.The Cubans have an Embassy in Mexico City.
A whim? The reported threat was based on statements allegedly made by Castro himself to a important US double agent, Jack Childs. Childs and his brother, Morris, were top members of the CPUSA and were highly trusted by the Soviets and Cubans. These were not oddballs. They were top agents.

At the time of the alleged incident the Cubans had both a consulate building and an Embassy. According to the Cubans - Duran, Azcue, Mirabal - the encounter took place at the Consulate. That was where visa applications were processed.

And what does Crenshaw know about Oswald and Mexico City?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:04:31 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2020, 05:09:22 PM »
And what does Crenshaw know about Oswald and Mexico City?
And what does Crenshaw know about Oswald....?  https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/JohnJudge/linkscopy/CrenshawDies.html
You might get off your high horse and go read some books.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2020, 05:09:22 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2020, 06:05:45 PM »
In any case, this indicates that the application was sent to Havana and not tossed away. Very strange.

And credible evidence that LHO was not simply dismissed as a nut. He managed to at least get their attention. And since Havana got involved, chances are greater that Castro knew about LHO...

Charles, Steve M.,

Iirc, false defector Nosenko wasn't even working in the Tourist Section of the KGB when Oswald was allegedly in Mexico City.

Regardless, Nosenko was a false defector, so you gotta take everything he says with a grain of polonium I mean salt.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:25:34 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2020, 06:08:34 PM »

Probably a better book :-\An allegation should be based on something besides a whim.The Cubans have an Embassy in Mexico City.

The title of this thread (Conspiracy of Silence) was borrowed from the title of the final chapter (chapter 11) of Latrell’s book: “Castro’s Secrets.”

Probably a better book

I highly recommend Brian Latell’s book “Castro’s Secrets.” I haven’t read the book you’ve referenced. If you do read them both and want to provide your reviews, please let us know what you think about them.

An allegation should be based on something besides a whim.

I agree, and suggest that you research before posting...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:10:30 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2020, 06:08:34 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2020, 06:15:44 PM »
Epstein cites it here: http://www.edwardjayepstein.com/question_oswald.htm

He writes: "On October 18, 1963, according to its own records, the Cuban Foreign Ministry in Havana authorized the Cuban Embassy in Mexico City to issue a transit visa for Lee Harvey Oswald to enter Cuba. It required that Oswald also obtain a visa to enter the Soviet Union."

I believe there's a photo of the letter in the HSCA list of exhibits. It was sent from Havana to the consulate in MC but not to Oswald (he put his New Orleans address on the application).

Added: The letter is here (the date is October 15 so perhaps Epstein is referring to a different letter?): https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1141#relPageId=847&tab=page

Note: It doesn't explicitly authorize the visa or deny it either but says that: "I respectfully inform you that in order for us to comply with his request, he must inform us by cable, with prepaid reply, when he has the authorized visa of the Embassy of the U.S.S.R." In any case, this indicates that the application was sent to Havana and not tossed away. Very strange.

If I recall, Oswald never returned any visa application to the Soviets in Mexico City. I think he wanted them to expedite his earlier requests that he had sent to the Soviet Embassy in Washington. Nosenko said that he personally turned down those requests to return. So if the Soviets didn't want him back I can't see them telling the Cubans to give him a transit visa. Without a Soviet visa he wouldn't be given the transit visa.

My guess is yours: bureaucracies shuffling paper. Conspiracists don't like innocent explanations (unless they clear Oswald: curtain rods anyone?) but most things happen without any larger purpose.

[emphasis added by MWT]

Steve M.,

See my last post, this thread regarding Nosenko.

That post was intended for you, not Charles.

My bad.

--  MWT  ;)

PS  Read this to learn the truth about Nosenko, the guy who, along with Kulak (FBI's "Fedora"), Polyakov (FBI's "Top Hat"), Kochnov (FBI and CIA's "Kittyhawk"), and probable mole George Kisevalter, et al., ended up destroying CIA's counterintelligence capabilities against the Ruskies:

https://archive.org/details/SpyWarsMolesMysteriesAndDeadlyGames
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:51:49 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »
And what does Crenshaw know about Oswald....?  https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/JohnJudge/linkscopy/CrenshawDies.html
You might get off your high horse and go read some books.
I wrote/asked what does Crenshaw know about Oswald's visit to Mexico City? The topic is whether Oswald threatened to kill JFK when he was at the Cuban consulate. And in general what happened to him when he was there.

You brought up Crenshaw. I asked what does he know about the above? If you've got something, then present it. Otherwise this is just hijacking a pretty good thread. If you started a post on Crenshaw's book and someone mentioned Latell's book or another topic you wouldn't like it. Correctly so. So, start a thread on his book.

As to reading other books: that's remarkable since you've made several comments about the book that was being discussed yet never read it. I would suggest you follow your own suggestions.

Reading books is worthless if one doesn't have the intelligence to discern fact from fiction. Your problem is your incredible credulity over the crackpot conspiracy books you have read.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:19:40 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2020, 09:25:26 PM »
Reading books is worthless if one doesn't have the intelligence to discern fact from fiction. Your problem is your incredible credulity over the crackpot conspiracy books you have read.
Steve Galbraith does not know what books I have read and what I have 'discerned' and what I have rejected from them.
Does Mr Galbraith believe that if one questions the official story that they are a 'crackpot'?
What a crackpot idea that is ::)
Now ...the Castro did it theory has been examined and rejected long ago.
Go to the https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html thread and report concrete evidence that Oswald really ever went to MC at all.