Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Silent Conspiracy  (Read 12988 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Silent Conspiracy
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 01:45:07 AM »
Advertisement
First of all, this is not an original idea that I dreamt up. It is the theme of Latell’s book. I suggest you read the book before blindly criticizing it. Here is a quote from the book that corroborates what Steve brought up about the speeches and I commented on:

The Dallas Times Herald reported that Kennedy “all but invited the Cuban people to overthrow Castro and promised them support if they do.” In the same editions on November 19, the Dallas press for the first time carried block-by-block details of the route the president’s motorcade would follow three days later. It was then that Lee Harvey Oswald first became aware that Kennedy would pass beneath the windows of the Texas Book Depository where he worked. Oswald probably also read what Kennedy had said in Miami Beach and the Dallas paper’s interpretation of it.

It is the theme of Latell’s book. I suggest you read the book before blindly criticizing it.

I didn't criticize the book, I criticized the absurd notion that the gesture of a man can be interpreted in the way you (and perhaps the book) did.

It was then that Lee Harvey Oswald first became aware that Kennedy would pass beneath the windows of the Texas Book Depository where he worked.

Just because the Dallas trip was announced in the papers on November 19th doesn't mean automatically that Oswald became aware of it on that date. Given the fact that Oswald used to read yesterday's papers he may well not have known about the schedule of the motorcade until, at best, the next day or even later. The testimony of his co-worker indicates that he asked him, on the 22 th, what the fuzz was all about, which may well mean that he didn't know at all about the motorcade passing by the TSBD until they day it happened.

Oswald probably also read what Kennedy had said in Miami Beach and the Dallas paper’s interpretation of it.

Probably?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 01:45:07 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 01:47:08 AM »
How did Cuban agents know Oswald moved to Dallas? Was working there? Why would they even care about some oddball who made threats against JFK but was, according to the accounts of the Cubans there, tossed out on his rear end. Again, Azcue reportedly forcefully threw Oswald out of the consulate and didn't want anything to do with him.

By the Cubans accounts, Oswald came across as a crank, a misfit that they wanted nothing to do with. It simply doesn't add up to me that they would somehow track his whereabouts. When he went back to Dallas he laid low. How would they find him?

And Oswald put a New Orleans address (4907 Magezina (sic) Street address) on his transit visa application. I can see that if he put Dallas as an address that would help keep track of him.

The official responses from the Cubans after the assassination are what they wanted to project. They would have wanted to appear to have dismissed him as a nut. However the Mexico City consulate was a hub of activity for the Cuban intelligence agents’ efforts to enlist and direct many Central American revolutionaries. They were accustomed to dealing with revolutionary zealots like LHO. Why wouldn’t they be interested in LHO? He was attempting to help their cause! They would have at least wanted to find out if he was really who he said he was and not a potential spy. According to Latell, the DGI was better than the CIA in many respects during this period. Some of that was due to the CIA underestimating their abilities.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:20:19 AM by Charles Collins »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 01:59:36 AM »
It is the theme of Latell’s book. I suggest you read the book before blindly criticizing it.

I didn't criticize the book, I criticized the absurd notion that the gesture of a man can be interpreted in the way you (and perhaps the book) did.

It was then that Lee Harvey Oswald first became aware that Kennedy would pass beneath the windows of the Texas Book Depository where he worked.

Just because the Dallas trip was announced in the papers on November 19th doesn't mean automatically that Oswald became aware of it on that date. Given the fact that Oswald used to read yesterday's papers he may well not have known about the schedule of the motorcade until, at best, the next day or even later. The testimony of his co-worker indicates that he asked him, on the 22 th, what the fuzz was all about, which may well mean that he didn't know at all about the motorcade passing by the TSBD until they day it happened.

Oswald probably also read what Kennedy had said in Miami Beach and the Dallas paper’s interpretation of it.

Probably?

Look back at your previous comments in this thread. You have criticized practically every point, and continue to do so.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 01:59:36 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 02:18:03 AM »
Look back at your previous comments in this thread. You have criticized practically every point, and continue to do so.

Nope.. I have questioned every point and for one very good reason; the points raised are not sound and require all sorts of speculation to even make sense.

Get your act together and present a compellent case and we may have something to talk about. All you are doing so far is confirming your own bias.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2020, 02:23:32 AM »
Nope.. I have questioned every point and for one very good reason; the points raised are not sound and require all sorts of speculation to even make sense.

Get your act together and present a compellent case and we may have something to talk about. All you are doing so far is confirming your own bias.

Your opinions don’t interest me. Read the book, like I already suggested, and then you might be able to make a comment worth responding to.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2020, 02:23:32 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2020, 02:33:55 AM »
Your opinions don’t interest me. Read the book, like I already suggested, and then you might be able to make a comment worth responding to.

Your opinions don’t interest me.

There it is again, the standard Charles Collins cop out whenever somebody says something he doesn't like.

You are the one who started the thread, now I am giving you feed back you don't like and like a coward you run.... Pathetic!

Don't start a thread and ask for opinions if you can't handle the responses.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:35:33 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2020, 02:45:21 AM »
Your opinions don’t interest me.

There it is again, the standard Charles Collins cop out whenever somebody says something he doesn't like.

You are the one who started the thread, now I am giving you feed back you don't like and like a coward you run.... Pathetic!

Don't start a thread and ask for opinions if you can't handle the responses.

I have answered critical questions from others who disagree with the theory. Your responses (this one included) are only your opinions that are designed to attack. Good luck trying to get reasonable responses to those....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2020, 02:45:21 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2020, 02:56:17 AM »
I have answered critical questions from others who disagree with the theory. Your responses (this one included) are only your opinions that are designed to attack. Good luck trying to get reasonable responses to those....

I haven't expressed any opinion other than that I do not see the dots that you are connecting to reach your own conclusion. I also did not attack you. The fact that you consider my observations as an attack on you says so much more about you than it does about me.

You may have answered "critical questions" (whatever that means) from others but you have never been able to deal with my feed back in a honest way.

What I did see is that points I have raised earlier were repeated by others and you replied to those but ignored them when I pointed them out to begin with.

You seem to be very selective in who you want to answer and who not.

You are not seeking for "reasonable answers", you want answers that you consider "reasonable".... there is a difference!

Your responses (this one included) are only your opinions that are designed to attack.

So now you attack me for allegedly attacking you when all I have done is question your opinion..... Project much?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 02:29:05 AM by Martin Weidmann »