Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Silent Conspiracy  (Read 13006 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Silent Conspiracy
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 02:59:32 PM »
Advertisement
Your question was “ ...how Castro could have possibly known that?”

I gave you a possibility. It wasn’t impossible, as you implied.

The Cuban spy (Aspillaga) who defected was manning the radio equipment and searching for CIA activity, towards Miami and Washington DC, (as usual) on the morning of 11/22/63. At approximately 9:00 to 9:30 that morning, he was directed to stop all that and turn his antennas toward Texas and report anything unusual. His reports normally went straight to Castro. He therefore believes Castro knew about LHO’s threat. Aspillaga worked for Cuban intelligence for 35-years before he defected. Everything else he has divulged has checked out as correct. He was also the first one to tell about Castro’s Armageddon letter during the height of the Cuban missile crisis.

I never said or implied that it was impossible. I said that there was nothing feasible about it and that it was unlikely.

The story about Aspillaga doesn't make much sense. Oswald's alleged phone contact, Sylvia Duran was in Mexico, so what significance does it have that Aspillage turned his antennas toward Texas and heard nothing unusual? Also, Aspillage can believe what he wants, but that still does not mean that Castro actually knew about the assassination plan in advance. But if he did, and he heard it from Duran, they would both be part of the conspiracy, simply by not disclosing the information to the authorities.

If you know in advance that a crime is going to be committed and you do nothing, you automatically become complicit in that crime. So, are you now moving away from the LN scenario to a conspiracy?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 02:59:32 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 03:00:45 PM »
Exactly the points I was making. Charles however seems to feel that Oswald, after deciding to kill Kennedy, picked up the phone and called Sylvia Duran, who then in turn called Castro to let him know. And all this within maximum 72 hours prior to the assassination and at an enormous risk (for Oswald) of being detected by all the surveillance activity of the CIA and others.... Although not completely impossible, it's a highly unlikely scenario at best.

Charles however seems to feel that Oswald, after deciding to kill Kennedy, picked up the phone and called Sylvia Duran, who then in turn called Castro to let him know

Again, you asked how it could be possible. I gave you a possibility. That doesn’t necessarily mean that I believe that that is for certain what happened. There are other possibilities.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 03:10:06 PM »
Charles however seems to feel that Oswald, after deciding to kill Kennedy, picked up the phone and called Sylvia Duran, who then in turn called Castro to let him know

Again, you asked how it could be possible. I gave you a possibility. That doesn’t necessarily mean that I believe that that is for certain what happened. There are other possibilities.

And what are those other possibilities?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 03:10:06 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 03:12:38 PM »

I never said or implied that it was impossible. I said that there was nothing feasible about it and that it was unlikely.

The story about Aspillaga doesn't make much sense. Oswald's alleged phone contact, Sylvia Duran was in Mexico, so what significance does it have that Aspillage turned his antennas toward Texas and heard nothing unusual? Also, Aspillage can believe what he wants, but that still does not mean that Castro actually knew about the assassination plan in advance. But if he did, and he heard it from Duran, they would both be part of the conspiracy, simply by not disclosing the information to the authorities.

If you know in advance that a crime is going to be committed and you do nothing, you automatically become complicit in that crime. So, are you now moving away from the LN scenario to a conspiracy?

The evidence suggests that LHO did it without help from anyone. I still believe that. However, I do believe that LHO could have alerted the Cubans after he planned it. However, it’s also feasible that Cuban intelligence was simply keeping track of LHO and knew that he was in Dallas at the TSBD overlooking the motorcade. And that Castro simply wanted his radio equipment monitoring Texas to help keep track of what he thought might happen.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 03:39:20 PM »
We know Oswald was doing his best to create a resume to impress the Cubans with the objective of gaining entry into Cuba.  It is plausible that he mentioned his attempt on Walker while in Mexico City as part of that process.

If that's so plausible, why did nobody report him mentioning anything of the kind?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 03:39:20 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »

...There is nothing feasible about it. It is in fact an extreme stretch of the imagination...

Dictionary Definition of feasible:

Feasible: possible to do easily or conveniently.

There is nothing difficult or inconvenient about the possibility of LHO simply picking up a pay phone and alerting Duran. Pay phones were plentiful and he already had her number.

LHO had already reportedly tried to impress them with his past experiences in Russia and other items that he thought they would appreciate. The media was constantly covering the antagonistic acts of both Castro and JFK. LHO was interested in these items and would likely have been of the opinion that Castro wouldn’t mind having JFK gone. And it is feasible that the Cuban intelligence agents actually encouraged LHO in this regard.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 06:53:27 PM »
Castro wanted to kill Kennedy, so he could then deal with LBJ, because...?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 06:53:27 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 07:43:03 PM »
Castro wanted to kill Kennedy, so he could then deal with LBJ, because...?

I do not believe that Castro wanted to kill JFK if he could be legitimately blamed for it. But I do believe that he wouldn’t have objected to, or try to stop LHO from killing JFK (provided no blame would be conclusively pointed at Cuba).

According to Brian Latell, Castro knew that the Kennedy brothers were trying to assassinate him, then overthrow the communist government, through the CIA covert activity.

I believe that Castro probably thought if JFK was killed, and blame directed elsewhere, that LBJ most likely wouldn’t continue to pursue the assassination attempts on Castro.

Alexander Haig wrote that Johnson “believed until the day he died that Fidel Castro was behind the assassination.” Maybe LBJ decided he didn’t want to have a similar fate if he could avoid it...