Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Silent Conspiracy  (Read 13001 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The Silent Conspiracy
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2020, 04:36:06 PM »
Advertisement
I don’t know. Maybe he wasn’t in a good mood because of his Marriage issues.

He was in a good enough mood to play with the kids in the yard, but not good enough to have a conversation with Ruth about JFK’s visit?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2020, 04:36:06 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2020, 04:55:45 PM »
Oswald was a completely political person. Politics was his entire life; even more important than his family. He defected to the Soviet Union and turned his back on his family (read the letters he wrote to his brother). He returned to the US, failed miserably, and wanted to defect to Cuba. He was rejected and had to return to the US.

I agree that Lee was very politically engaged but according to Robert Oswald, Lee was less enthusiastic about Communism when he returned to the US.

Maybe his time in the USSR, caused him to rethink some of his views about Communism.

Oswald wrote a speech in July 1963 where he ridiculed the Soviet system and called the US Capitalist system the “lesser evil”.

http://22november1963.org.uk/lee-oswald-speech-in-alabama

He also ridiculed the US communist movement.

Because of those things, I don’t believe he was a Communist.

He may have identified himself as a Marxist but the terms “Marxist” and “Communist” aren’t synonyms.

You can be a Marxist while not being a Communist. Marxist ideas are compatible with other Leftist political ideologies.

I think he definitely was a Leftist and critical of the US government but not a Communist in 1963.

If you believe Oswald’s own writings or the claims of George DM, Oswald criticisms of America were based on Racism and Class issues. Which suggests he was more angry at the American Right, than the Liberal wing of US politics that JFK represented.

The evidence for me is persuasive that he tried to shoot Walker. He called himself a Marxist (as he understood the term). If that's not someone with extreme views then I'm not sure what we would call it.

I define “Marxists” broadly as people who believe in Racial and Class solidarity (racial equality and unity among working class people). Marxist ideas and policies can co-exist with Capitalism. Communism cannot co-exist with Capitalism. Based on my research of the Kennedy Assassination, I don’t think Oswald viewed Marxism as synonymous with Communism.

Marxism is not radical at all to me. In fact, Abraham Lincoln was a contemporary of Karl Marx and it’s believed that he was influenced to some extent by Marx’s writings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/07/27/you-know-who-was-into-karl-marx-no-not-aoc-abraham-lincoln/

This is a person with extreme views. Who dresses and acts like this?

While I have questions about the forensic evidence in the Walker assassination attempt, I agree that Oswald had a motive in that example.

And as I mentioned earlier, I think he was prepared to accept responsibility if he was caught for that crime.

Oswald perceived Gen. Walker as a potential Adolph Hitler and probably thought he might be viewed as a hero for killing him.

Walker definitely was a Fascist and Racist and had a relatively large following. The early 1960s were a violent time for the civil rights movement. So in that context, while I don’t condone political violence, I can see how all those things together might’ve motivated Oswald to act against Walker.

I don’t see any similar pattern with Oswald and JFK.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:21:41 PM by Jon Banks »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »
McVeigh even wrote about it from prison. LHO didn’t get a chance.

On the eve of the assassination at the Paine residence, LHO didn’t even want to comment about the presidential visit to Dallas when Ruth Paine tried to bring it up for conversation. If LHO still liked JFK, why do you think that he tried to avoid that subject?

Why do you assume he was “avoiding” it rather than just not being interested?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2020, 07:14:34 PM »
He was in a good enough mood to play with the kids in the yard, but not good enough to have a conversation with Ruth about JFK’s visit?

I can’t speak for LHO’s state of mind but I don’t view his unwillingness to make conversation with Ruth Paine as proof of anything...

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2020, 08:04:20 PM »
I can’t speak for LHO’s state of mind but I don’t view his unwillingness to make conversation with Ruth Paine as proof of anything...

Neither do I. However, it is evidence that I believe should be considered in forming an opinion about whether or not LHO still liked JFK. And if considered in conjunction with the public threats of both Castro and JFK against each other that fall, and the evidence that even you indicated suggests LHO was involved in JFK’s assassination then it appears to me that perhaps LHO changed his opinion of JFK...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2020, 08:04:20 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2020, 08:16:41 PM »
Why do you assume he was “avoiding” it rather than just not being interested?

Because he actually did avoid it. I didn’t indicate why. I asked a question.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »
Neither do I. However, it is evidence that I believe should be considered in forming an opinion about whether or not LHO still liked JFK. And if considered in conjunction with the public threats of both Castro and JFK against each other that fall, and the evidence that even you indicated suggests LHO was involved in JFK’s assassination then it appears to me that perhaps LHO changed his opinion of JFK...

Oswald knew JFK was against Castro when the Bay of Pigs happened in 1961. Tensions between the US and Cuba were very high from 1961 through 1963.

If the BoP and Cuban Missile Crisis didn’t turn Oswald against Kennedy, I don’t see why any reports of Covert ops against Castro in 1963 would’ve turned Oswald against Kennedy.

Also, Oswald couldn’t have known months before November 1963 that he’d have an opportunity to shoot JFK but he did know how to find anti-Castro activists in New Orleans and Dallas. Why are there no examples of Oswald resorting to violence against the anti-Castro groups? If you believe he attempted to kill Gen. Walker over Cuba, why didn’t he attempt to kill someone like Carlos Bringuer?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2020, 08:28:18 PM »
Granted, he likely suspected that the KGB was reading the letters so he wanted to impress them with his devotion of the country.

Bingo. Which is what a false defector would want to do.