Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CE 2562  (Read 14147 times)

Offline Jack Trojan

Re: CE 2562
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2020, 12:47:20 AM »
Advertisement
Excluding the container.

So shipping companies don't charge by weight?
Instead, they ..feel sympathetic, and let the customer only pay for the weight of the items they are selling?
Interesting.
Can you provide examples of such practices?

Or the rifles were 7 lbs x 100 + a 50 lb container. But my point is that if CE 2562 was actually weighed, then it would NOT be exactly 750 lbs. That is obviously an estimate, not an actual weight, for whatever reason.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2020, 12:47:20 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2020, 01:42:06 AM »
Excluding the container.

So shipping companies don't charge by weight?
Instead, they ..feel sympathetic, and let the customer only pay for the weight of the items they are selling?
Interesting.
Can you provide examples of such practices?

Before I start, C2766 can be traced from Crescent to Kleins to Neely street to The Texas School Book Depository and yet you think the key to deception is an insignificant weight discrepancy? Hilarious!

Here is a copy of the delivery schedule for the Chicago run that had the Kleins delivery and we have 21 weighted objects and ten of those weights end in a zero and another 6 end in a five, does that suggest that every item was weighed to within a pound or did the various companies who sent the items just guess?

And as for how transport companies charge for delivering weighted items, they don't charge for every single gram/pound/kilogram/ton but charge for different weight categories.

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2020, 01:52:12 AM »
Before I start, C2766 can be traced from Crescent to Kleins to Neely street

LOL

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2020, 01:52:12 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2020, 04:23:57 AM »
Before I start, C2766 can be traced from Crescent to Kleins to Neely street to The Texas School Book Depository and yet you think the key to deception is an insignificant weight discrepancy? Hilarious!

Here is a copy of the delivery schedule for the Chicago run that had the Kleins delivery and we have 21 weighted objects and ten of those weights end in a zero and another 6 end in a five, does that suggest that every item was weighed to within a pound or did the various companies who sent the items just guess?

JohnM

Please explain this concept of the "guess".
Would there never be any verification?
Seems like there would be great potential for..cheating?

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2020, 04:27:41 AM »
Or the rifles were 7 lbs x 100 + a 50 lb container. But my point is that if CE 2562 was actually weighed, then it would NOT be exactly 750 lbs. That is obviously an estimate, not an actual weight, for whatever reason.

I think you mean the container. (CE 2562 is an exhibit.)

What is this "reason", of "for whatever reason"?

I would just like to know what the rifles were shipped, the weight of that container, including packing materials, etc?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2020, 04:27:41 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2020, 02:36:54 PM »
I think you mean the container. (CE 2562 is an exhibit.)

What is this "reason", of "for whatever reason"?

I would just like to know what the rifles were shipped, the weight of that container, including packing materials, etc?

Such absolutes would be great to have. In the absence of such, we are left with common sense and probabilities.

You have reasoned the rifles must be 36" and shipped in wood. Others have reasoned the rifles were 40" and shipped in cardboard.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2020, 02:49:30 PM »

Yer right..... The 750 was not an actual weight it was calculated by multiplying the manufactures specified weight for one rifle.  100 rifles @ 7.5 pounds.  The weight of the container was not included....  The weight on the BOL is the tare weight.  If you don't know what tare weight is, go to a truck stop and have a cup of coffee and ask a trucker.    Or just look at the license information on the side of the truck.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2020, 02:49:30 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »
Yer right..... The 750 was not an actual weight it was calculated by multiplying the manufactures specified weight for one rifle.  100 rifles @ 7.5 pounds.  The weight of the container was not included....  The weight on the BOL is the tare weight.  If you don't know what tare weight is, go to a truck stop and have a cup of coffee and ask a trucker.    Or just look at the license information on the side of the truck.   

The TARE decal on the side of the truck refers to the vehicle's weight only, that is, when it is empty of freight. No one is arguing that the term TARE exists.

I don't see how it applies to a freight company willing to ship containers at "net weight". In such a case, the TARE weight of the containers would not be added to the weight.