Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Do You "Buy" Nosenko's Explanation For Why LHO Was Allowed To Stay In The USSR?  (Read 7419 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Advertisement
Gift horse : would you like some assistance? :

I can think of no better versed, "MW" to ask about this segment of the wikipedia page devoted to Nosenko, than you.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Nosenko#Concerns_that_Nosenko_was_a_double_agent

Confining your consideration of, and reaction to only the segment I linked to, do you agree it is chock full of detail, but a difficult read?

What do you regard as the strengths and weaknesses of what is presented? The "ten minute, finger wiggling" particularly stood out, but is it vital  to overall understanding? As the former US Navy officer Bob Harward, who was a contender for Mike Flynn's NSA position after Mike suddenly could no longer come to the orifice, allegedly said, "this (job as Trump's NSA advisor) is a **** sandwich."

So, the dilemma seems to be the same as it ever was.... "I would not want to be a member of any club that would have me (as a member). Tom, have you had any direct influence on what is displayed in the section of the wiki page I linked to? What edits would you prefer to be attempted? Can and will you do them or would you be willing to direct me making the edits you believe would improve the readability and accuracy of that page segment? I'll request supporting links from you but I am willing to do it entirely your way. I will examine the pertinent history of prior edit suggestions and objections on that article's talk page and bring them to your attention, but again, I would be happy to edit entirely at your direction after advising you of what has been challenged in the past.

My motivation is to present a well supported reference segment on Nosenko and this will reflect on CIA and FBI, and to observe and gauge the source and insistence of pushback that changes to the Nosenko page might elicit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Yuri_Nosenko

sigh ...Tom, Tom, Tom ,

Aren't you ever going to read that book, Spy Wars, by  (Lone Nutter) Tennent H. Bagley I told you about?

No, because you don't want to be confused by the facts? 

You fervently want to believe the CIA was evil, evil, evil and the KGB was a virtual humanitarian organization by comparison?

Too many Russian names?

Okay then, how about reading his 2014 35-page PDF, Ghosts of the Spy Wars, in which he exposes one of those wishful-thinking Nosenko-lovers (or perhaps KGB mole?), Leonard "I Have No Experience In Counterintelligence" McCoy?

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08850607.2014.962362

--  MWT  ;)

MWT : Nah !

Gift horse : OK, got it! You'll do it your way.....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:24:08 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Gift horse : would you like some assistance? :

MWT : Nah !

Gift horse : OK, got it! You'll do it your way.....

Tom,

If the flesh is willing and time permits, I will edit about ten Wikipedia articles that have been written over the years on Angleton, Bagley (is there one?), Nosenko, Kulak (Fedora), Polyakov (Top Hat), Golitsyn, Roger Hollis, et al., so that readers can get Bagley's and Angleton's and Newton "Scotty" Miler's and William Sullivan's, el al's "take" on KGB "active measures counterintelligence  operations," and how they have been interwoven since 1959 with Sun Tzu-like "strategic deception counterintelligence operations" to create The Sting-like situations in the U.S. and our allies' countries.

Now, if you're too lazy to read Spy Wars or if the thought of doing so gives you too much angst, perhaps you will read those articles when I'm finished and you, too, will finally start to understand the existential threat to our Democratic Republic KGB-boy Vladimir Putin and his ilk represent.

Problem is, by then it will probably be too late, because right now it appears that our country is ... lost.

--  MWT  ;)

PS  When Burisma's hacked emails and documents (some of which will most certainly be forged, like the one that led Comey to prematurely close down the Clinton investigation) emerge on social media sometime between now on the election, will you believe them and start chanting "Lock them up! Lock them up!" ... or does your "class warfare" paradigm require that you do so, already?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 08:24:25 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Found this as a side issue...[in some declassified stuff]
Sergy Alexandrovech Uslov [sic]
https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/docid-32255901.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum