Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is this a Mal Couch Clip?  (Read 6575 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Is this a Mal Couch Clip?
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2020, 03:55:25 PM »
Advertisement
   Markus - Remember when Images do Not Mesh Up, you are operating under the assumption that All of the Images you are working with are Unaltered. You just might be drinking from an already Poisoned Well.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:56:01 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2020, 03:55:25 PM »

Offline Markus Ell

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »
   Markus - Remember when Images do Not Mesh Up, you are operating under the assumption that All of the Images you are working with are Unaltered. You just might be drinking from an already Poisoned Well.

Hello Royell Storing and thank you for your post.

No doubt, the post-processing of pictures is not unproblematic and you run the risk that this will result in total nonsense or, as in my case, an unsightly effect that looks as if I had put another picture over it.

However, believe that you can not avoid the video film to rework or improve the quality of the couch film to make the face of the Babushka Lady more visible (if that is possible at all ??). Very difficult with this pixel porridge.

I hope that someone more capable than me may take up this couch problem. Maybe there are other ideas and approaches to learn more about the Babushka Lady.

Best wishes

Markus

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2020, 02:35:32 AM »

At my visit to the Sixth Floor Museum's Reading Room I briefly viewed their Couch film scenes filmed in Dealey Plaza. I noted early in my notes that the museum's copy is slightly blurry, about the same as found in many documentary DVDs. I made a timeline of the scenes but made no mention of this clip in my notes. I don't know if I just missed it or it was not present. I do know that now I will pay very special attention to the museum's version for this scene. My hope is the clip is that their clip has enough clarity to determine a time stamp from the peristyle wall shadow.

I used an unexpected opportunity for a followup visit to Dealey Plaza last week. A week's weather forecast predicted sunny skies on the 27th. I planned one day for photography and a second half-day for the Reading Room. My goals for the Reading Room included viewing the museum's Mal Couch Dealey Plaza film for this rare clip. However, the clip is missing in each of two different presentations of the Couch film!  Interesting, huh?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2020, 02:35:32 AM »

Offline Markus Ell

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2020, 05:20:05 PM »
I used an unexpected opportunity for a followup visit to Dealey Plaza last week. A week's weather forecast predicted sunny skies on the 27th. I planned one day for photography and a second half-day for the Reading Room. My goals for the Reading Room included viewing the museum's Mal Couch Dealey Plaza film for this rare clip. However, the clip is missing in each of two different presentations of the Couch film!  Interesting, huh?

Too bad. Nevertheless, thank you very much James for your efforts and the time invested.

The JFK: Breaking the news version uploaded by Denis Morissette is much clearer than most on You-Tube. Maybe it will help you?

Until then, good luck and all the best

Markus
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:21:28 PM by Markus Ell »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2020, 06:49:23 PM »
Too bad. Nevertheless, thank you very much James for your efforts and the time invested.

The JFK: Breaking the news version uploaded by Denis Morissette is much clearer than most on You-Tube. Maybe it will help you?

Until then, good luck and all the best

Markus
I spent a few minutes in the museum's gift shop (SW 1st floor of the DalTex building). They had at least a dozen of those DVDs on a shelf. I meant to return and buy one before I left Dallas, but forgot. So today, I've ordered a copy, and will have to pay postage and handling, ha ha.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2020, 06:49:23 PM »