Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is this a Mal Couch Clip?  (Read 6576 times)

Offline Denis Morissette

Re: Is this a Mal Couch Clip?
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
Advertisement
I’ll try to get a better version tonight. I have figured out why I was unable to record off VLC.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 02:38:12 AM »
There it is. VLC made things that did not make sense, so I have given up for now. But I did improve the brightness and contrast on VLC and recorded the screen with a different software. The result is better but disappointing. The software did not consider the different settings I used. I hope to make a better one.

Offline Markus Ell

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 11:24:14 PM »
Using the better version, I tried to make the face of the Babushka Lady more recognizable. Unfortunately not with the desired success. With the software GIMP and OpenOffice I tried out various brightness and contrast values ​​and applied sharpness filters. However, I have to be ashamed of the result:

Unfortunately, a clear face cannot be seen here either, and if so, it looks more cartoon-like and not like a real person. I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to image editing. Certainly someone can do it much better.

Best wishes

Markus

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 11:24:14 PM »

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 02:30:37 AM »
The best is to order Breaking the News and Unsolved History on Amazon. About $10 each.

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 02:33:30 AM »
The best I have ever been able to do.

http://postimg.cc/q6CB9HKY

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 02:33:30 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 08:35:10 PM »
The best is to order Breaking the News and Unsolved History on Amazon. About $10 each.

"The Day Kennedy Died" DVD has roughly 9 seconds of very clear Couch footage at 33:08 - 33:17. This was done by the Smithsonian Channel and everything they do is Top Shelf visually. The segment they show reveals the South side of Elm St showing Apron Man and a DPD Cop West of him maybe 25-30 feet back from the curb. It also includes the segment showing Officer Haygood uprighting his motorcycle while the Chism's run by on the sidewalk. You can also make out the Hatted Wiegman inside of the camera car with the passenger door open, while a photog scramble to get inside while climbing over the trunk. Everything being relative, this is the Clearest Couch footage I have seen.

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 11:00:46 PM »
I've just watched the Couch film in the Day JFK Died. I did not find it better than the Breaking News or Unsolved History versions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 11:00:46 PM »

Offline Markus Ell

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »
Hello again,

tried again to filter out the face of the Babushka Lady from the couch film. Unfortunately, the result is still disappointing. Curiously, I have 2 versions in which I am not quite sure whether part of the face is visible (the round and angular contrast frames were created because I only selected and edited part of the face, unfortunately, it gives the impression that a different picture has been put over it, but this does not correspond to the facts. Only part of the face was processed in the picture, hence this unpleasant side effect with Gimp.). Here are the pictures again:

Personally, I think the former picture is the more "realistic" one (almost cynical to speak of realistic here). The second looks to me like "Lucky Luke" and realy not like a real person. For comparison, a strong oblique view of her face from an Allen photo:

Even about JFK: Breaking the news DVD version, I haven't been able to filter anything better so far, although it is of a fairly good quality. Maybe I will keep trying.

Best wishes

Markus