Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Is this a Mal Couch Clip?  (Read 393 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Is this a Mal Couch Clip?
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 11:43:52 PM »
Yes, speaking of excellent sounds very optimistic (or even utopian). In fairness, however, must admit that there are slightly better versions (at least short versions) on Youtube. The above version of Blankdogman is an example. Maybe at some point we will find a better version of the full movie.

Until then, i wish you continued success in your research.

Best wishes

Markus

As is of often the case, the Image time stamping is Incorrect. Does Anybody realistically believe that Old Guy wearing the stetson hat, (probably a detective), made it to the bottom of the Grassy Knoll by 12:32/LESS than 2 Minutes following the assassination? He's probably one of the same guys we see on Darnell back in the railroad yard area. The Incorrect time stamping of many of the JFK Assassination Images continues to Dog this case.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:45:01 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 11:43:52 PM »

Online Markus Ell

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 08:30:09 PM »
    As is of often the case, the Image time stamping is Incorrect. Does Anybody realistically believe that Old Guy wearing the stetson hat, (probably a detective), made it to the bottom of the Grassy Knoll by 12:32/LESS than 2 Minutes following the assassination? He's probably one of the same guys we see on Darnell back in the railroad yard area. The Incorrect time stamping of many of the JFK Assassination Images continues to Dog this case.

Well, as far as my knowledge of locations and their correct allocation of the timestamp is concerned, I have already proven my incompetence in previous posts (see my first post in this forum, where I considered that the face of the Babushka Lady on one the Bronson pictures could be seen. You have corrected this correctly that this cannot be the Babushka lady, as she could not have made it to Dealey Plaza in time, thanks again for that Royell Storing). Unfortunately, i have insufficient local knowledge of Dallas.

James Hackerott did a great job of realizing the temporal proximity between the Cancellare photo and the couch scene, I wouldn't have noticed that easily.

Best wishes

Markus

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 11:24:09 PM »
This is a good copy of the rare portion of the Couch film we are talking about. It comes from the AP YT, but can't locate the exact link at this moment.

It also includes rare WFAA/L'Hoste footage taken on Stemmons, I think. The film is not very good.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 11:24:09 PM »

Online Markus Ell

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
This is a good copy of the rare portion of the Couch film we are talking about. It comes from the AP YT, but can't locate the exact link at this moment.

It also includes rare WFAA/L'Hoste footage taken on Stemmons, I think. The film is not very good.

Hello Mr Morissette,

thanks for the post.

the AP version is very similar to the Helmer Reenberg version, the L'Hoste recordings start at about 2:14, right?

I could well imagine that there is also a clearer longer version of the couch film. As I said, the shorter version of the Blankdogman YouTube channel is somewhat clearer in my opinion than that of the AP (Maybe the quality loss is also due to the Bandicam software?). For comparison, the police officer scene (I like to use this scene as a quality reference):

Scene from  AP-Version:

Here from Blankdogman:

Who knows, with a little luck we might find a better version.

Best wishes

Markus

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 06:55:27 PM »
Yes, the footage from 2:14 is of L'Hoste/WFAA. I can check my collection to find out the best Couch version that I have that was taken in Dealey Plaza.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 06:55:27 PM »

Online Markus Ell

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 07:12:02 PM »
Yes, the footage from 2:14 is of L'Hoste/WFAA. I can check my collection to find out the best Couch version that I have that was taken in Dealey Plaza.

I wish you much success and thank you for your effort

Best regards

Markus

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 11:19:50 PM »
It can better. I've just realized I should have set the brightness and contrast to get a clearer and more pleasant to view. I'll redo it. For now, enjoy this one.

"First 12 seconds: Discovery Channel's Unsolved History. The remaining is off PBS's Breaking the News."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 11:19:50 PM »

Online Markus Ell

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »
It can better. I've just realized I should have set the brightness and contrast to get a clearer and more pleasant to view. I'll redo it. For now, enjoy this one.

"First 12 seconds: Discovery Channel's Unsolved History. The remaining is off PBS's Breaking the News."

Hello Denis Morissette,

Thank you so much for this film, the clearest version I have seen so far.

With this version we could get more information.

Best wishes

Markus

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
Iíll try to get a better version tonight. I have figured out why I was unable to record off VLC.

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 02:38:12 AM »
There it is. VLC made things that did not make sense, so I have given up for now. But I did improve the brightness and contrast on VLC and recorded the screen with a different software. The result is better but disappointing. The software did not consider the different settings I used. I hope to make a better one.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 02:38:12 AM »

Mobile View