Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: House Select Committee  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Vincent Baxter

House Select Committee
« on: January 07, 2020, 10:39:17 PM »
Advertisement
Bit of a boring thread this, but does anyone know of a good book detailing an account or the findings of the House Select Committee's late 70s investigation?

There are so many books and documentaries about the Warren Report, but I can't seem to find a decent account or even critique of the House Select Committee

JFK Assassination Forum

House Select Committee
« on: January 07, 2020, 10:39:17 PM »

Offline Margaret Kelly

Re: House Select Committee
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 12:15:08 AM »
Bit of a boring thread this, but does anyone know of a good book detailing an account or the findings of the House Select Committee's late 70s investigation?

There are so many books and documentaries about the Warren Report, but I can't seem to find a decent account or even critique of the House Select Committee

How about reading the HSCA report itself? That details the findings of its own investigation.

Prob also Gaeton Fonzis book "The Last Investigation" would be good, though i know that's not a 3rd party objective book on the investigation.

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »

Jim D mentions two books/manuscripts that were written on the HSCA investigation but neither were actually published. So i dont know if these can be got. Here is where Jim D referecnes these two books:

This essay will not pretend to be the comprehensive history and analysis that now cries out—screams—to be done on the HSCA. It is written as a stepping stone, an indication of what could and should be written on that topic. In the immediate aftermath of the release of the HSCA Final Report in 1979, two books were being written that proposed to perform this critical analysis. One, to be written by Ted Gandolfo, to my knowledge, never got past the unpublished manuscript stage. Another book, Beyond Conspiracy, an anthology by Peter Scott, Russell Stetler, Paul Hoch, and Josiah Thompson, progressed further toward publication than Gandolfo’s. This too was never published. And from the version of the volume I have, it does not take on the function of critical analysis that Mark Lane or Sylvia Meagher did in the previous decade. In fact, the tone is not really critical at all. This can be seen by reading Thompson’s discussion of the HSCA’s version of the single bullet theory. This celebrated critic actually seems to accept what he was so skeptical about in his 1967 Warren Commission critique, Six Seconds in Dallas.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »