Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ed Forum & DPF posting activity: Accurate Inaccurate Emphasized Avoided Dropped  (Read 12530 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Advertisement
There is a trend lately in this and the two forums named in the title of this thread to a narrower emphasis, (example: obsession with positioning of those present at TSBD  and multiple Lee Harvey and Marguerite Oswalds, and historical to contemporary opinion on "deep state" meaning and relevance, as well as less and less posting activity.

DPF (Deep Politics Forum) has lately been averaging less than one new post per day, across the entire forum. Ed Forum thread contributors, many of them recently admitted, seem to be engaged in reinventing the wheel, initiating new threads on well covered and documented matters more competently presented by simply searching out and adding new comments to existing threads.

Poorly supported opinions and details often go unchallenged, and worse, are assumed reliable and then expanded on in subsequent posts.

Misleading or inaccurate posted content on the Ed Forum run rampant, spearheaded lately by Jim DiEugenio, a trio of other diehard deplorables, the usual from Armstrong apostle Jim Hargrove, and a ceaseless stream of links posted by Douglas Caddy.

My hope in starting this thread is to provide some balance to offset what I regard as a trend discouraging readers seeking to become better informed, especially those who follow threads of this forum and the two others I've mentioned.

I expect the TSBD obsessed will attempt to make this thread about them and their image interpretations. Despite this, I think it would be useful here to provide a running commentary of the informed vs uninformed, prominent posting activity of the other two forums, hopefully without dwelling on the personalities or policies prominent on the other forums, but rather on what seems useful vs what seems counter productive.

As always, informing readers in a sincere and well documented manner should be the primary purpose of all who choose to contribute. Verifiable facts matter, especially considering our current dysfunctional "internet age" affected, political / societal climate.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 04:52:24 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

...engaged in reinventing the wheel, initiating new threads on well covered and documented matters more competently presented by simply searching out and adding new comments to existing threads.
That is what happens here. Instead of reviving what has already been introduced...folks just re-start the same old hash. Attempts to plow previously unearthed ground just results in running over stony bickering and rubble.

Offline Tom Scully

Misleading or inaccurate posted content on the Ed Forum run rampant, spearheaded lately by Jim DiEugenio, a trio of other diehard deplorables, ....

More idiocy.... Robert Wheeler completely overlooks what happened at Flynn's initial sentencing hearing, in December, 2018. Judge Sullivan obviously had read classified material provided by the DOJ, and Flynn reacting to Judge Sullivan's comments by hiring Fox News "nut job" Sidney Powell to defend him....

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/12/19/in-defense-of-emmet-sullivan-van-grack-suggested-mueller-did-review-whether-flynns-behavior-amounted-to-treason/
IN DEFENSE OF EMMET SULLIVAN: VAN GRACK SUGGESTED MUELLER DID REVIEW WHETHER FLYNN’S BEHAVIOR AMOUNTED TO TREASON
December 19, 2018 - by emptywheel

Subsequently, Mike Flynn fired his able defense lawyers and hired unhinged FoX News talking head, Sidney Powell to bombard the court with deliberately false, Trumpified, CT nonsense accusations against prosecutors, along the lines of Trump speak, "Obama tapped my wires," relegated to the ash heap by last month's release of the Horowitz report....

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/26105-mark-zaid-jfk-and-trump/page/74/?tab=comments#comment-412374
Robert Wheeler  - January 7, 2020
So, Mueller throws the book at Flynn.

The pro Trump Twittersphere screams "witch hunt" against Flynn for 3 years.

Mueller recommends no Jail.

Now the prosecution is looking for Jail.

This is a good thing.

What do the "experts" think?

Here is why....

https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/01/07/the-bigger-threat-for-flynn-than-six-months-in-prison-the-counterintelligence-language/

THE BIGGER THREAT FOR FLYNN THAN SIX MONTHS IN PRISON: THE COUNTERINTELLIGENCE LANGUAGE
January 7, 2020 - by emptywheel
......But that may not be the most worrisome stuff in this memo, particularly given Robert Mueller’s statement,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcript-of-robert-s-mueller-iiis-testimony-before-the-house-intelligence-committee/2019/07/24/f424acf0-ad97-11e9-a0c9-6d2d7818f3da_story.html
in July, that the FBI continued to investigate aspects of Flynn’s false statements about Russia.
KRISHNAMOORTHI: Since it was outside the purview of your investigation your report did not address how Flynn’s false statements could pose a national security risk because the Russians knew the falsity of those statements, right?

MUELLER: I cannot get in to that, mainly because there are many elements of the FBI that are looking at different aspects of that issue.

KRISHNAMOORTHI: Currently?

MUELLER: Currently.....
The sentencing memo argues that Flynn’s lies made it harder for the FBI to protect the country from Russia’s efforts to undermine our democracy and speaks obliquely in terms of benefit and monetization. These oblique references to the counterintelligence investigation ought to be of far more concern to Flynn than the prospect of six months in prison.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:40:42 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Paul May

There is a trend lately in this and the two forums named in the title of this thread to a narrower emphasis, (example: obsession with positioning of those present at TSBD  and multiple Lee Harvey and Marguerite Oswalds, and historical to contemporary opinion on "deep state" meaning and relevance, as well as less and less posting activity.

DPF (Deep Politics Forum) has lately been averaging less than one new post per day, across the entire forum. Ed Forum thread contributors, many of them recently admitted, seem to be engaged in reinventing the wheel, initiating new threads on well covered and documented matters more competently presented by simply searching out and adding new comments to existing threads.

Poorly supported opinions and details often go unchallenged, and worse, are assumed reliable and then expanded on in subsequent posts.

Misleading or inaccurate posted content on the Ed Forum run rampant, spearheaded lately by Jim DiEugenio, a trio of other diehard deplorables, the usual from Armstrong apostle Jim Hargrove, and a ceaseless stream of links posted by Douglas Caddy.

My hope in starting this thread is to provide some balance to offset what I regard as a trend discouraging readers seeking to become better informed, especially those who follow threads of this forum and the two others I've mentioned.

I expect the TSBD obsessed will attempt to make this thread about them and their image interpretations. Despite this, I think it would be useful here to provide a running commentary of the informed vs uninformed, prominent posting activity of the other two forums, hopefully without dwelling on the personalities or policies prominent on the other forums, but rather on what seems useful vs what seems counter productive.

As always, informing readers in a sincere and well documented manner should be the primary purpose of all who choose to contribute. Verifiable facts matter, especially considering our current dysfunctional "internet age" affected, political / societal climate.

DiEugenio is working with Oliver Stone on Stone’s latest JFK film. I understand JD may be the lead writer. God forbid. My encounters throughout the years with DiEugenio can best be described as an interaction between a deeply flawed, dark, paranoid individual and Trump supporter who never heard a JFK conspiracy he didn’t accept and myself, an Oswald was the shooter guy and the possibility of a conspiracy might exist yet remains unproven. There is never rational discord with JD. He remains uncivil to this day.

Offline Jerry Freeman

My encounters throughout the years with DiEugenio can best be described as an interaction between a deeply flawed, dark, paranoid individual and Trump supporter who never heard a JFK conspiracy he didn’t accept and myself, an Oswald was the shooter guy and the possibility of a conspiracy might exist yet remains unproven. There is never rational discord with JD. He remains uncivil to this day.
You're both off more than you know. 
Paul May never provides any links-- I will do so.....
https://variety.com/2019/tv/global/agc-television-picks-up-worldwide-oliver-stones-jfk-destiny-betrayed-1203368818/
Scroll down to the comments below and you will find those of ours truly :)
I am beginning to think that Tom Scully is engaged somehow with Ancestry.com. That or a step-grandmother's second cousin's sister in law's third husband's nieces favorite poet is involved in some way :D

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 07:39:37 AM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

Jerry, I was trying to communicate with "Ollie," hoping to warn him to reconsider collaborating with "Jim Di". I would be too uncomfortable to go to Dallas in last (or any) November because I have no friends attending, or any friends at all, except perhaps Mark Oblazney. IME, the more you know, the less certain you can afford to be, except about becoming increasingly cynical and disappointed.

I've been concerned since before the 2008 election that Obama is actually "deep state". If Obama's pick (the rest of the list at this link only reinforces my hunch about Obama) David Boren, didn't hire this 9/11 associated spook at the University David Boren headed, who did? BTW, I've never mixed 9/11 and Assassination of JFK in any post prior to this one. It always seemed counterproductive, but this is about names and verifiable facts associated with them, as was my comment at the link you posted (and seemed to make assumptions about me, from...) so what the hell, why not make an exception?

https://www.emptywheel.net/2011/09/28/two-of-obamas-independent-intelligence-advisors-have-supported-oversight-in-past-why-not-now/
TWO OF OBAMA’S INDEPENDENT INTELLIGENCE ADVISORS HAVE SUPPORTED OVERSIGHT IN PAST; WHY NOT NOW?
September 28, 2011 - by emptywheel
......But there’s something else weird about Obama’s stone-walling here. Here’s the list of people Obama has appointed to the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board, the board that oversees the IOB.

Chuck Hagel (10/28/2009), David Boren (10/28/2009), Roel Campos (12/23/2009), Lee Hamilton (12/23/2009)....

Why am I sharing this Obama speculation with you, Jerry? Maybe it is because I find your flirtation with the right in Paul May's Trump-CT thread incompatible
with your CT posture in other threads you post in on this forum.

http://spitfirelist.com/for-the-record/ftr-489-2nd-interview-with-robert-parry/
FTR #489 2nd Interview with Robert Parry - Recorded December 5, 2004
Highlighting Robert Parry’s new book Secrecy and Privilege: The Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq, the program focuses on a series of illegal and treasonous Republican gambits conducted during Presidential election years..... The program then examines the evolution of the politicization of intelligence, from the elder George Bush’s importation of Team B to magnify and exaggerate the CIA’s estimates of Soviet strength, through William Casey’s thorough corruption of the CIA’s analytical division, and on to George Tenet’s role in heading off attempts to block Robert Gates’s nomination to head the CIA. An aide to Senator David Boren, Tenet eventually became head of the CIA himself and continued the trend of politicization of intelligence.....

http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=david_edger_1
May 1997: David Edger Is New CIA Chief of Station in Germany ....
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/David_L._Boren
David Lyle Boren, born April 21, 1941, in Washington, D.C., has served as president of the University of Oklahoma since 1994. Boren is the former United States Senator from Oklahoma from 1979-1994, and was the author of the National Security Education Act of 1991, which established the National Security Education Program (NSEP). The Academy for Educational Development (AED) offers the David L. Boren Graduate Fellowships under NSEP.[1]...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Berg
Nicholas Evan Berg (April 2, 1978 – May 7, 2004) was an American freelance radio-tower repairman[1] who went to Iraq after the United States' invasion of Iraq. He was Jewish.[2] .....Encounter with Zacarias Moussaoui

On May 14, 2004, it was revealed that Nick Berg had been investigated during the U.S. government's investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui, a 9/11 conspirator. Berg's email address had been used by Moussaoui prior to the September 11, 2001, attacks. According to Berg's father, Nick Berg had a chance encounter with an acquaintance of Moussaoui on a bus in Norman, Oklahoma. This person had asked to borrow Berg's laptop computer to send an email. Berg gave the details of his own email account and password, which were later used by Moussaoui. The FBI found that Berg had no direct terrorism connections or direct link with Moussaoui.[19]....

....Former U.S. Senator David Boren, now the president of the University of Oklahoma, is called the mentor of CIA director George J. Tenet. Boren is also interesting because during 2001 Zacarias Moussaoui spent six months in Norman, home of OU, and was taking flight lessons there before he moved to Minneapolis, where he was arrested and later charged with terrorism. He was also receiving wire transfers from the Hamburg Al Qaeda cell while in Norman. Additionally, in August 2001 Boren arranged for CIA officer David Edger to have a visiting professor appointment at OU. Edger had earlier been in charge of CIA surveillance over the Hamburg Al Qaeda cell, which included lead 9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta....
https://www.salon.com/2004/06/03/tenet_boren/
Tenet's 9/11 morning | Salon.com

Jun 4, 2004 - 11, 2001, CIA Director George Tenet had breakfast with former Sen. David Boren (D.-Oklahoma) at the St. Regis Hotel in Washington...
...What Tenet didn't tell Boren, Woodward said, is that the CIA had intercepted a flurry of communications over the summer of 2001 suggesting that something "spectacular" was imminent.

As the two men talked, Tenet's security guards approached their table and told Tenet that there was a "serious problem" -- the World Trade Center had been attacked....
...But before Tenet left the table, Woodward said he made one more comment -- a reference to Zacarias Moussaoui -- that suggested that the CIA Director's prescience may have fallen short when it came to preventing the attacks. "I wonder," Tenet said, "if it has anything to do with this guy taking pilot training."...

It would not have mattered if I had gone to Dallas to try to talk to Oliver Stone. The picture of him there in an embrace with Judyth, allegedly saying, "I believe you," influences me to think I have no facts that would have any influence on him.

The details I posted in the comments section at the link you posted, the ones I hoped Oliver Stone might read (before his Dallas encounter with Judyth) were found by me in an entirely open way. I posted them as I was discovering them, under the watchful eyes of both Dr. John McAdams and Photon, aka Paul May, according to DiEugenio. Jerry, I find it interesting your reaction to my research details is so similar to Dr. McAdams. BTW, Ancestry.com was not a source I used to find anything about Garrison or the other names I posted in the comment at the link you posted, or in the image below. DiEugenio was about as appreciative as you and Dr. McAdams. At least it became clearer to me why I have difficulty making and keeping friends of the CT or LN communities....

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?17025-The-Crimes-of-Quillette&p=126009#post126009
Tom Scully - 09-01-2019, 08:51 PM
....Well, enough time has passed now to reliably observe that Jim did a "drive by" on me. (Imagine how different this might have gone down if he did not like me....)

Isn't another way of saying what Jim conveyed to me?
Tom, I like you personally.... unfortunately you are stupid enough to fall for the pronouncements of Max Holland's lackey, Donald Carpenter...

https://jfkfacts.org/who-was-the-only-man-to-ever-face-legal-charges-in-jfks-assassination/#comment-856848

I was comments editor at that time, and I had access to the logged IPs of both Photon and Paul May. I shared with readers that DiEugenio was mistaken. Photon's IP location is conveniently close to CIA HQ, Paul posted with a different IP, associated with a location many hundreds of miles from Northern Virginia.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:28:10 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Paul May

You're both off more than you know. 
Paul May never provides any links-- I will do so.....
https://variety.com/2019/tv/global/agc-television-picks-up-worldwide-oliver-stones-jfk-destiny-betrayed-1203368818/
Scroll down to the comments below and you will find those of ours truly :)
I am beginning to think that Tom Scully is engaged somehow with Ancestry.com. That or a step-grandmother's second cousin's sister in law's third husband's nieces favorite poet is involved in some way :D

I’m expressing an opinion or giving an insight. Why would I need a link?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

I’m expressing an opinion or giving an insight. Why would I need a link?
Insight---Enlightening thought...the capacity to gain an accurate and deep intuitive understanding of a person or thing.
Where is this...'insight'?