Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ed Forum & DPF posting activity: Accurate Inaccurate Emphasized Avoided Dropped  (Read 12527 times)

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

Advertisement
Mark, this disclaimer, since I would not ever expect our beloved POTUS's "THC" to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Intertel, is disquieting, to say the least.

I'm going to come right out now, and ask you. Is it possible you Mom's brother, Bill McAndrew, did not simply "fall, in his home," just months after he granted Jim Garrison, "Equal Time"? Did the Sarnoff's mayhaps, order your Uncle Bill to hire Walter Sheridan?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-stat/graphics/politics/trump-archive/docs/trump-doc-k-resorts-renewal-2-2-88-d-2-copy.pdf

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/P%20Disk/Permindex/Item%2001.pdf  - .PDF page 20 of 22

For the record, Tom........ Mom's brother Bill slipped and fell in the bathtub, unknowingly cracking his rib, but a week later, as he was on the tarmac to catch a plane to accept a Peabody Award, he started hemorrhaging (sic?) in his mouth........  later on that day, Memorial Day 1968, he passed away .  I got the call from Aunt Irene saying, "He's gone, Mark.  Let me speak to your mom."  And that was it.  I was ten years old, but was told I was twenty in my intelligence and deportment.  Bill sucked on lemons all day, as well as drinking whisky, as all good journalists did at the time.  There was no 'disappearing', as others were.  Let us keep the conspiracy fresh, though, so all may chime in and tell us 'how it really went down'.  But I appreciate your looking all this up.  You are also responsible for letting me know of other members of my family's ( i was adopted) passing, and for that I am truly grateful.  Stars in your Crown, Henry+  May you be so Blessed+  wishing you and yours a safe recovery from the end of civilization.  "Be Good,  Love G-d, Serve People"________  Neem Karoli Baba, aka Maharaji, guru of Ram Dass+

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

For the record, Tom........ Mom's brother Bill slipped and fell in the bathtub, unknowingly cracking his rib, but a week later, as he was on the tarmac to catch a plane to accept a Peabody Award, he started hemorrhaging (sic?) in his mouth........  later on that day, Memorial Day 1968, he passed away .  I got the call from Aunt Irene saying, "He's gone, Mark.  Let me speak to your mom."  And that was it.  I was ten years old, but was told I was twenty in my intelligence and deportment.  Bill sucked on lemons all day, as well as drinking whisky, as all good journalists did at the time.  There was no 'disappearing', as others were.  Let us keep the conspiracy fresh, though, so all may chime in and tell us 'how it really went down'.  But I appreciate your looking all this up.  You are also responsible for letting me know of other members of my family's ( i was adopted) passing, and for that I am truly grateful.  Stars in your Crown, Henry+  May you be so Blessed+  wishing you and yours a safe recovery from the end of civilization.  "Be Good,  Love G-d, Serve People"________  Neem Karoli Baba, aka Maharaji, guru of Ram Dass+

You grew up assuming it was normal for adults to speak in hushed tones, in your presence? Me, too! ....and it's still happening.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/19058-questions-for-peter-janney-on-his-book-mary’s-mosaic/?tab=comments#comment-251401
My experience with Timothy Leary- - Circa 1965, when he appeared as the speaker at a meeting of a group that subscribed to “General Semantics”.

(For more info on that, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_semantics

At the time, I was attending a lecture sponsored by an Ayn Rand group, and Alan Greenspan (the future Fed chairman) was appearing (via a taped lecture, as I recall).

The Ayn Rand group met regularly in a room at the AIAA auditorium on Beverly Boulevard, where CBS Television City is now located.

The General Semantics people (who believed that reality was rather malleable) rented a room in that building, and in fact on the same floor.

After the lecture, I was in the parking lot, and who should be there but Timothy Leary, that night’s speaker.

I was then about 25, believed in an objective reality, and didn’t understand how a Harvard professor could possibly subscribe to such balderdash (the "malleable reality" idea--my phrase). So we “got into it.” Really, it became a rather heated discussion.

The man really did not subscribe to the notion of an objective reality, and he was adamant about it.

At the time, I drove a 1961 Volkswagon, and it was parked right there, where we were talking. And I’ll never forget what he said:

“If you want to believe that that Volkswagon is a volkswagon, and not possibly an elephant, that is your problem!”

Really, he said that. (And he meant it! I'm not kidding.)

So keep that in mind—I always do—whenever I read anything about Leary.

I got in my car, and probably went up the street for a stop at Canter’s Deli. And then drove home (I was then living in West L.A.)

Of course, I drove my VW everywhere. . . and had a couple of engine changes. But I never thought it was an elephant.

DSL

Edited May 3, 2012 by David Lifton
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/19058-questions-for-peter-janney-on-his-book-mary’s-mosaic/?tab=comments#comment-251404
Guest Tom Scully - Posted May 4, 2012

David,

Leary's colleague Richard Alpert, later aka Ram Dass seemed more adept at describing what had changed from their mutual experience with "mind altering" substances.:

Be Here Now, Remember

By Ram Dass

http://hinduism.about.com/od/books/fr/Be-Here-Now-By-Ram-Dass.htm

.....Great Ideas from the Book

To share a few ideas from the heart of the book, Dass reminds us (on numberless pages) that our thoughts are bound in time and space-so to experience true reality, or eternal soul awareness, or divine love-we need to go beyond our thoughts. So for everyone who says, 'this happened because of this reason'-that's only a story; it does not allow you to jump out of the 'gravitational wake of time and space'.

Dass says, thoughts are like a caterpillar and beyond thoughts is like the butterfly. What is beyond thoughts? Us. Soul. Eternal, unbounded love. Bliss. Self-creating joy-that which cannot be affected by time-space thoughts and events. What does this mean in practical terms? Worldly events do not have to enslave us; we can live freely, in peace and joy despite what goes on in the world.

He discusses spiritual paradoxes, like, 'the moment you give it all up, you have it all.'

'As long as you don't want power you can have it....

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:50:11 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

You grew up assuming it was normal for adults to speak in hushed tones, in your presence? Me, too! ....and it's still happening.

I quite expected a response like that from you, Tom.  We are both even-minded in such matters.  One of Tim's biographers, Bob Greenfield, admitted as much that Tim's association with Mary Pinchot was, well, uh, ............   expanded to extremes.  In fact, in my association with 'Culto', he even included a youtube interview concerning Ms. Pinchot in his postings, which was, I believe, recorded in the mid-80's, many years after his stay at Millbrook, whilst promoting his 'Flashbacks' autobiography.  As Ram Dass said, "Tim had a streak of malarkey", which you, as a 'DiEugenio protege' can appreciate.  I asked Tim's stepson Zach after he interviewed Janney about all this if he would ask Dr. Dick to remember if he ever knew or saw Mary at Millbrook, who was (allegedly) there trying to learn how to 'turn on' important people in the Nation's Capitol (especially the wives of important men).  Alpert, as you know, broke his leg, thinking he could fly out of his window (LOL).  Never heard back.  I know I'm rambling here, but it's important to say this.  Why didn't Tim say anything about all this before 'Flashbacks'?  In Damore's papers, a researcher named William Tripplitt(sic) was hired by Leary to find out what happened to Mary (he and Van Wolfe bankrolled the investigation) .  Incredibly, the first person Tripplitt went to was....... my attorney, the late Ira Lowe!!(in the investigation printout, Tripplitt said 'he knows a lot')  How weird is this?  You can't make this up.  I better stop now, or I'll get into trouble.

JFK Assassination Forum