JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate > JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate

Who was responsible for leaking the JFK autopsy photos?

(1/3) > >>

Margaret Kelly:
My understanding is the following:

1964: Warren Commission did not use them.
1979: HSCA used like-like drawings made from the autopsy photos (but did not use the actual photos themselves)
1980-1992: Anthony Summers publishes his book "The Kennedy Conspiracy" which has a black and white autopsy photo just into the front cover (i only have the 1992 edition, so i don't know if this photo was in earlier versions)
1994: Groden publishes color photos of autopsy for the first time in his book "The Killing Of A President".

At what point did the public get access to the photos and why? I would have thought these should have been kept private, just like Jackies pink suit is not available for public viewing.

Mitch Todd:

--- Quote from: Margaret Kelly on January 03, 2020, 01:50:41 AM ---My understanding is the following:

1964: Warren Commission did not use them.
1979: HSCA used like-like drawings made from the autopsy photos (but did not use the actual photos themselves)
1980-1992: Anthony Summers publishes his book "The Kennedy Conspiracy" which has a black and white autopsy photo just into the front cover (i only have the 1992 edition, so i don't know if this photo was in earlier versions)
1994: Groden publishes color photos of autopsy for the first time in his book "The Killing Of A President".

At what point did the public get access to the photos and why? I would have thought these should have been kept private, just like Jackies pink suit is not available for public viewing.

--- End quote ---

The WC relied on the autopsy report as well as the testimony of Humes, Boswell, and Finck instead of the photos themselves. The HSCA used the photos in internal deliberations, but the only photo that was publicly shown was a closely cropped and magnified version of the photo commonly known as "F8."  AFAIK, the Fox set of B&W photos was first published in the 1988 edition of Lifton's Best Evidence. A number of color photos appeared separately. IIRC, some were initially published by the Boston Globe in the '80s.

The B&W Fox set was kept by a Secret Service agent who was involved in the development of the original autopsy film. He'd kept copies of a number of the photos, and sold them years later after running into financial difficulty, or so I've heard. The story about how the color photos reached the public is murkier. I don't think anyone has taken credit, though a lot of fingers get pointed Robert Groden's way.

Margaret Kelly:

--- Quote from: Mitch Todd on January 03, 2020, 05:35:08 AM ---The WC relied on the autopsy report as well as the testimony of Humes, Boswell, and Finck instead of the photos themselves. The HSCA used the photos in internal deliberations, but the only photo that was publicly shown was a closely cropped and magnified version of the photo commonly known as "F8."  AFAIK, the Fox set of B&W photos was first published in the 1988 edition of Lifton's Best Evidence. A number of color photos appeared separately. IIRC, some were initially published by the Boston Globe in the '80s.

The B&W Fox set was kept by a Secret Service agent who was involved in the development of the original autopsy film. He'd kept copies of a number of the photos, and sold them years later after running into financial difficulty, or so I've heard. The story about how the color photos reached the public is murkier. I don't think anyone has taken credit, though a lot of fingers get pointed Robert Groden's way.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Its amazing the autopsy photos and Tippit and Oswald were also leaked.

Charles Collins:

--- Quote from: Margaret Kelly on January 03, 2020, 12:36:23 PM ---Thanks. Its amazing the autopsy photos and Tippit and Oswald were also leaked.

--- End quote ---

What's more amazing is that not one single solitary piece of credible evidence of a conspiracy has been leaked or discovered. Go figure... ;)

John Iacoletti:
Credible evidence like a ring in a cup and a “communist salute”?  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version