Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 5.6 seconds or 4.9 seconds (between magic bullet and head shot)?  (Read 8744 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: 5.6 seconds or 4.9 seconds (between magic bullet and head shot)?
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 12:58:42 AM »
Advertisement
And the reason for thinking that this was a first shot that missed and then disintegrated into the asphalt would be . . .  ?

Connally thought the first shot hit Kennedy.

John "I Always Throw The Baby Out With The Bathwater" Iacoletti,

Sure, the first shot that hit anyone.

--  MWT   ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 12:58:42 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2020, 01:02:08 AM »
And the reason for thinking that this was a first shot that missed and then disintegrated into the asphalt would be . . .  ?

Mr. LIEBELER. So, you were standing directly in front of the Texas School Book Depository Building and on the same side of Elm Street that the Texas School Book Depository is located?
Mrs. BAKER. Yes.
Mr. LIEBELER. Tell me what you saw?
Mrs. BAKER. Well, after he passed us, then we heard a noise and I thought it was firecrackers, because I saw a shot or something hit the pavement.

---------------

Mr. LIEBELER. As you went down Elm Street that you saw this thing hit the street--what did it look like when you saw it?
Mrs. BAKER. Well, as I said, I thought it was a firecracker. It looked just like you could see the sparks from it and I just thought it was a firecracker and I was thinking that there was somebody was fixing to get in a lot of trouble and we thought the kids or whoever threw it were down below or standing near the underpass or back up here by the sign.

Another mistaken eyewitness?

JohnM

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2020, 01:18:02 AM »
Mr. LIEBELER. So, you were standing directly in front of the Texas School Book Depository Building and on the same side of Elm Street that the Texas School Book Depository is located?
Mrs. BAKER. Yes.
Mr. LIEBELER. Tell me what you saw?
Mrs. BAKER. Well, after he passed us, then we heard a noise and I thought it was firecrackers, because I saw a shot or something hit the pavement.

---------------

Mr. LIEBELER. As you went down Elm Street that you saw this thing hit the street--what did it look like when you saw it?
Mrs. BAKER. Well, as I said, I thought it was a firecracker. It looked just like you could see the sparks from it and I just thought it was a firecracker and I was thinking that there was somebody was fixing to get in a lot of trouble and we thought the kids or whoever threw it were down below or standing near the underpass or back up here by the sign.

Another mistaken eyewitness?

JohnM

''.....kids or whoever threw it were down below or standing near the underpass or back up here by the sign. "

Throwing from the underpass? That is a long way from the Z160 location.

Standing by the sign? Funny that is where the firt shot, supported by all the eyewitness testimony, took place.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2020, 01:18:02 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2020, 02:23:39 AM »
''.....kids or whoever threw it were down below or standing near the underpass or back up here by the sign. "

Throwing from the underpass? That is a long way from the Z160 location.

Standing by the sign? Funny that is where the firt shot, supported by all the eyewitness testimony, took place.

Virginia Baker (née Rackley) thought a bullet might have struck the pavement behind the limousine by the "first sign" and in the middle of the lane nearest the infield. It's unclear what sign she meant with reference to the pavement strike she thought she saw; I would go with the Thornton Fwy sign. I think she was referring to the Stemmon Sign in reference to the location of teenage boys who might have thrown out a firecracker (some goof-ball thing they do for fun in Texas to see guns drawn).

The only way I can see her testimony working is if the bullet actually hit the pavement behind the "Queen Mary". The gap between the "Queen Mary" and the LBJ convertible is pretty wide (relative to Baker) for some time. The gap allows her to see the lane near the infield.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2020, 03:16:54 AM »
First of all, it’s the LNers who have all the “mistaken” (or “lying”) witnesses.

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,100.0.html

Second of all, since when do you base a conclusion on what a single witness said? Only when it’s something that incriminates Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2020, 03:16:54 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2020, 03:51:43 AM »
Second of all, since when do you base a conclusion on what a single witness said? Only when it’s something that incriminates Oswald.

What has non directional sparks have specifically to do with Oswald?

Btw, we get it "Iacoletti", we really do, you think that there is no evidence against Oswald, but how is your obsession of inserting Oswald into almost everyone of your posts going to help you solve this crime, or are you just happy being clueless?

JohnM

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2020, 04:41:38 AM »
Not a valid vimeo URL
Can't understand how Virgie Baker could see to the lane beside the infield while looking between the limousine and "Queen Mary". Using a map, I estimate the two cars are too close together for Baker to see between them beginning Z133-minus-8.

Baker marked her position "1" and where the "bullet" struck "2". She could only see such a strike if both the Presidential limousine and "Queen Mary" were ahead of her line-of-sight. And maybe that's what she meant by "behind" the limousine, that she saw behind both cars.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 02:33:10 PM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2020, 04:41:38 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2020, 04:44:16 AM »
What has non-directional sparks have specifically to do with Oswald?

John,

Please tell us again how far down Elm Street you believe the limo was when Oswald fired his first of three shots.

Do you believe the "sparks" that were noticed by Virgie Baker were caused by a firecracker, or maybe by a second shooter?

Do you think it implausible that Oswald took a "potshot" through the foliage of a Southern Oak tree?

--  MWT  ;)

PS  Regarding the bullet that exited (or entered?) JFK's throat, how much time do you think had elapsed between the firing of that shot and the capturing of JFK's agony in Altgens-6?

Enough time for Secret Service agent George Hickey to stand up and turn towards the TSBD?

"After a very short distance [after coming out of the Elm Street turn?] I heard a loud report which sounded like a firecracker. It appeared to come from the right and rear and seemed to me to be at ground level. I stood up and looked to my right and rear in an attempt to identify it. Nothing caught my attention except people shouting and cheering." (11/30/63)

Fwiw, I rather doubt that Hinkey was reacting to the "throat shot" that was captured by Altgens.

I think Hickey reacted to hearing the first shot, the shot that nicked a tree branch or two, hit the asphalt at a thirty-something degree angle, and was pulverized.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 06:08:00 AM by Thomas Graves »