Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?  (Read 23585 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2020, 01:30:52 AM »
Advertisement
"Appeared to be"....    That's the same as guessing.   Brennan did NOT say the the 175 pound man who was dressed in light colored khaki clothing and who was aiming a hunting rifle from a window "appeared to be  standing"    Brennan said the man WAS STANDING and aiming the high powered rifle out of the window....and he could see the man's entire upper body from his belt up....

Mr. BELIN. Would you describe just exactly what you saw when you saw him this last time?
    Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:37:15 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2020, 01:30:52 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2020, 03:48:05 AM »
"Appeared to be"....    That's the same as guessing.   Brennan did NOT say the the 175 pound man who was dressed in light colored khaki clothing and who was aiming a hunting rifle from a window "appeared to be  standing"    Brennan said the man WAS STANDING and aiming the high powered rifle out of the window....and he could see the man's entire upper body from his belt up....

Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:57:51 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »
Mr. BELIN. Would you describe just exactly what you saw when you saw him this last time?
    Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.

Apparently you are not smart enough to understand what you have posted....   So Let's parse Brennan'e statement....

Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill,  "as it appeared to me'.....Could also be " as I saw it"....

The man, who incidentally was dressed quite differently than Lee Oswald ( the man weighed about 175 pounds and was dressed in LIGHT COLORED KHAKI clothing )
That man was STANDING...or in Brennan's words...Quote ...."he was standing up"....unquote   Do you understand those words,  Chappie ?

" with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot."

The WC said that Lee Oswald was seated on a box that was back behind a stack of Rolling Readers ..... so he would not have been visible to Brennan because the brick wall of the TSBD beneath the window, and the stack of Rolling Readers boxes,  would have blocked his line of sight. But Brennan clearly said that The 175 pound man who was dressed in light colored khaki clothing had the hunting rifle     quote..."shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot.".. unquote    Do you understand that Brennan's eyewitness account is starkly different than the WC' s account??

"As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.

Perhaps you've never read Brennan's affidavit,l which he gave about an hour after the murder.....  In his affidavit he says,  quote... "Then this man let the gun down to his side and stepped down out of sight"   unquote    The affidavit says the Brennan saw the man " let the gun DOWN to his side".... Obviously the man had to be STANDING.....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:47:03 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2020, 01:26:04 AM »
Apparently you are not smart enough to understand what you have posted....   So Let's parse Brennan'e statement....

Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill,  "as it appeared to me'.....Could also be " as I saw it"....

The man, who incidentally was dressed quite differently than Lee Oswald ( the man weighed about 175 pounds and was dressed in LIGHT COLORED KHAKI clothing )
That man was STANDING...or in Brennan's words...Quote ...."he was standing up"....unquote   Do you understand those words,  Chappie ?

" with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot."

The WC said that Lee Oswald was seated on a box that was back behind a stack of Rolling Readers ..... so he would not have been visible to Brennan because the brick wall of the TSBD beneath the window, and the stack of Rolling Readers boxes,  would have blocked his line of sight. But Brennan clearly said that The 175 pound man who was dressed in light colored khaki clothing had the hunting rifle     quote..."shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot.".. unquote    Do you understand that Brennan's eyewitness account is starkly different than the WC' s account??

"As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.

Perhaps you've never read Brennan's affidavit,l which he gave about an hour after the murder.....  In his affidavit he says,  quote... "Then this man let the gun down to his side and stepped down out of sight"   unquote    The affidavit says the Brennan saw the man " let the gun DOWN to his side".... Obviously the man had to be STANDING.....

You claimed Brennan didn't use the term 'it appeared to me' in the description of the shot in question. Look at Brennan's testimony and find who's wrong.

And stop deflecting.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 03:53:37 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2020, 05:50:34 AM »
You claimed Brennan didn't use the term 'it appeared to me' in the description of the shot in question. Look at Brennan's testimony and find who's wrong.

And stop deflecting.

Brennan did not see anything. You should understand Brennan better than anyone, he just wanted to feel included.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2020, 05:50:34 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2020, 04:16:33 PM »

And stop deflecting.

My Dear Chappie, I did not ever say that Brennan didn't used he term " it appeared to me"   But....I anticipated that you would be so stupid that you wouldn't be able to discern the difference between the words "as it appeared to me" and the words  " APPEARED TO BE" as you posted when you posted this.... And yet Brennan stated that Jarman & Williams appeared to be standing as well.

In the first instance of " as it appeared to me " Brennan is saying that as he viewed the scene as it " appeared to him" that the man was standing....and he verified that observation by saying that he could see the entire upper body of the man from his belt up.

In the second instance Brennan is speculating... and he used the words "appeared to be" in referring to Williams' and Jarman's stance.   

I doubt that you have the intelligence to discern the obvious difference between the two terms......so it's no mystery why you accept the WR as the truth..... 

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
Brennan did not see anything. You should understand Brennan better than anyone, he just wanted to feel included.

"Brennan did not see anything."

Wow!....  I cannot imagine how a reasonable person could arrive at such a conclusion......

Please explain why a person who "did not see anything" would jump off his perch, and go directly to a policeman and report that he'd seen a man aiming a rifle out of a TSBD window during the gunfire.    Either the man actually did see a man aiming a rifle out of a window or he was a loon.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
Either the man actually did see a man aiming a rifle out of a window or he was a loon.   

...or both