Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?  (Read 23848 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »
Advertisement
To me, Brennan is talking about the two incidents when he saw the gunman. Not that he saw the gunman "from his belt up" all during the shooting viewing, which is your interpretation.

What do you mean "all during the shooting viewing"?  How long do you suppose the "firing of the gun" took?  Remember, Brennan only claimed to see the head shot being fired (though he didn't actually see any discharge).  You seem intent on combining "after the shot was fired" with "at the time he was firing".

The gunman was leaning forward in order to use the top of the box (Box "A") to steady the rifle. After the last shot, he straightened up his spine or stood up altogether. Either would expose more of the gunman to Brennan's view. Where do you get "crawl"?

Then what do you suppose Brennan meant by "stepped down"?

That would be you promoting Brennan as a "loon" because you figure he saw the gunman from the belt up all the while during the shooting.

I didn't call him a loon, though his various accounts are contradictory and unreliable.  He supposedly saw both the shot being taken and JFK's head explode.  But I'm not "figuring", I'm looking at what he said:   "at the time he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2020, 10:38:38 PM »
I'll give it to you again.

Mr. BELIN. At the time you saw this man on the sixth floor, how much of the man could you see?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.

To me, Brennan is talking about the two incidents when he saw the gunman. Not that he saw the gunman "from his belt up" all during the shooting viewing, which is your interpretation.

The gunman was leaning forward in order to use the top of the box (Box "A") to steady the rifle. After the last shot, he straightened up his spine or stood up altogether. Either would expose more of the gunman to Brennan's view. Where do you get "crawl"?

That would be you promoting Brennan as a "loon" because you figure he saw the gunman from the belt up all the while during the shooting.

'at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up."

How could any intelligent person not be able to comprehend Brennan's simple statement....?????

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »
But that wasn't "at the time he was firing the gun".  Also note that he says nothing about seeing the man stand up.  On the contrary, he says "stepped down".  This makes no sense whatsoever.

"Stepped down"  probably is referring to the man stepping away from the window.....   Stepping back away from a window would appear as though the man was "stepping down".....    Brennan was six stories down so the man stepping back away from the window would appear as though the man was stepping down.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2020, 10:47:42 PM »

'at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up."

How could any intelligent person not be able to comprehend Brennan's simple statement....?????

"At the time" could refer to an interval of time. Does Brennan anywhere say that "at the moment" the gunman was firing, he was visible from the belt up?

His affidavit:

"I was looking at the man in this windows at the time of the last explosion.
     Then this man let the gun down to his side and stepped down out of sight.
     He did not seem to be in any hurry. I could see this man from about his belt up."

... has the "belt up" business at the very end of the sequence of events. The gunman would have straighten up after the last shot and maybe stood up in order to "step down" (step back out of view).

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:58 PM »
"At the time" could refer to an interval of time. Does Brennan anywhere say that "at the moment" the gunman was firing, he was visible from the belt up?

Well, once he's done firing, then it's no longer "at the time he was firing".

... has the "belt up" business at the very end of the sequence of events. The gunman would have straighten up after the last shot and maybe stood up in order to "step down" (step back out of view).

So "at the time" really means "after the time" and "stepped down" really means "stepped back".  Got it.   ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:58 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2020, 02:56:28 PM »
Well, once he's done firing, then it's no longer "at the time he was firing".

So "at the time" really means "after the time" and "stepped down" really means "stepped back".  Got it.   ::)

There's no doubt that Brennan saw the 175 pound man who was dressed in light colored clothing STANDING and aiming the hunting rifle out of a window...However that window could NOT have been the SE corner window because that window was not open far enough to allow the man to have the rifle at his shoulder and have the muzzle out of the window.   The horizontal bottom sash would have prevented him from aiming the rifle at Elm street.  ( he would have fired into the window sill beneath that horizontal sash.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »
"Stepped down"  probably is referring to the man stepping away from the window.....   Stepping back away from a window would appear as though the man was "stepping down".....    Brennan was six stories down so the man stepping back away from the window would appear as though the man was stepping down.

Personally I would think that it would look like a man stepping back away from the window.

If anything it would look like the man was stepping up when he stood up since Brennan thought he was already standing when he was "taking aim" for the last shot.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:00:56 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2020, 03:58:11 PM »
There's no doubt that Brennan saw the 175 pound man who was dressed in light colored clothing STANDING and aiming the hunting rifle out of a window...

I'm not very confident that Brennan even knew exactly what he saw as the details kept changing every time he told the story.