Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?  (Read 23584 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2020, 06:31:31 PM »
Advertisement
Mr. BELIN. Now, I believe you said that after the last shot you jumped off this masonry structure on which you were sitting. Why did you jump off?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, it occurred to me that there might be more than one person, that it was a plot which could mean several people, and I knew beyond reasonable doubt that there were going to be bullets flying from every direction.

Brennan thought more shots might be coming from directions other than the SN window, where he saw the gunman.

I think he saw to the gunman's waist when the gunman stood up after the shooting.

Wasn't Brennan roughly 40' south of Dillard? His position from the front of the building was about 1/3 more than Dillard. Therefore his view into the open window was greater.

Brennan thought more shots might be coming from directions other than the SN window, where he saw the gunman.

I think he saw to the gunman's waist when the gunman stood up after the shooting.

Well, you think wrong, Mr O....    Brennan did NOT say that the man stood up AFTER the shooting....  ( where did you learn to read?) Brennan said the 175 pound man who was wearing light colored khaki clothing WAS STANDING as he aimed the hunting rifle out of the window....and he could see the man from his belt up.Brennan thought more shots might be coming from directions other than the SN window, where he saw the gunman.

This is pure BS!....  Brennan SAW the man with the rifle so he KNEW what he would need to do to put a shield between him and a KNOWN threat.   Since Brennan KNEW that he would need to dive to the EAST side of the wall his action clearly says that the man with the hunting rifle was WEST of his location.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2020, 06:31:31 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2020, 07:23:50 PM »

But that's not what he said.  He said "at the time that he was firing the gun".

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2020, 09:02:27 PM »
But that's not what he said.  He said "at the time that he was firing the gun".

Mr. BELIN. At the time you saw this man on the sixth floor, how much of the man could you see?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.

Brennan is talking about the two incidents when he saw the gunman. Not that he saw the gunman "from his belt up" all during the shooting viewing.

His affidavit lays out the timeline:

"I was looking at the man in this windows at the time of the last explosion.
     Then this man let the gun down to his side and stepped down out of sight.
     He did not seem to be in any hurry. I could see this man from about his belt up."

His testimony:

"He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure himself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared."

Seeing the gunman "from the belt up" was at the very end, just before the gunman disappeared from view. I think the gunman must have stood up in order for Brennan to see the rifle being drawn to his side.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2020, 09:02:27 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2020, 09:20:39 PM »
     He did not seem to be in any hurry. I could see this man from about his belt up."

But that wasn't "at the time he was firing the gun".  Also note that he says nothing about seeing the man stand up.  On the contrary, he says "stepped down".  This makes no sense whatsoever.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »

Well, you think wrong, Mr O....    Brennan did NOT say that the man stood up AFTER the shooting....  ( where did you learn to read?)

Where did I say he said it? I'm interpreting his testimony ... like you do.

Brennan said the 175 pound man who was wearing light colored khaki clothing WAS STANDING as he aimed the hunting rifle out of the window....

Khaki is just an off-white non-primary color, like rust ("No, other than light, and a khaki color--maybe in khaki."). Brennan thought the black men on the fifth floor was standing.

and he could see the man from his belt up.

My belief is that the "belt up" sighting (during Brennan's last sighting) doesn't happen until after the shooting.

This is pure BS!.... 

There was a transcription error?

Brennan SAW the man with the rifle so he KNEW what he would need to do to put a shield between him and a KNOWN threat.   Since Brennan KNEW that he would need to dive to the EAST side of the wall his action clearly says that the man with the hunting rifle was WEST of his location.

Brennan marked on an exhibit where he saw the gunman. It was the SN window. Wasn't that where Euins saw a gunman? Robert Edwards? Bob Jackson, re: rifle?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2020, 09:34:13 PM »
But that wasn't "at the time he was firing the gun".

He isolates the moment he saw the man "from the belt up" as occurring AFTER the shooting. Not during.

Also note that he says nothing about seeing the man stand up.  On the contrary, he says "stepped down". 

He "stepped down" to go "out of sight". So he must have been elevated just prior.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

Since when have you shown an interest in making sense of anything?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2020, 09:41:52 PM »
He isolates the moment he saw the man "from the belt up" as occurring AFTER the shooting. Not during.

That is a direct contradiction with "But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up", not a clarification.

He "stepped down" to go "out of sight". So he must have been elevated just prior.

?? How could he have "stepped down"?  Are you suggesting the gunman stood up and then got back down and crawled out of the "SN"?

Since when have you shown an interest in making sense of anything?

Since when is "making sense" the same as trying to force the evidence to fit the conclusion?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:43:19 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2020, 09:41:52 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:38 PM »
That is a direct contradiction with "But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up", not a clarification.

I'll give it to you again.

Mr. BELIN. At the time you saw this man on the sixth floor, how much of the man could you see?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.

To me, Brennan is talking about the two incidents when he saw the gunman. Not that he saw the gunman "from his belt up" all during the shooting viewing, which is your interpretation.

??? How could he have "stepped down"?  Are you suggesting the gunman stood up and then got back down and crawled out of the "SN"?

The gunman was leaning forward in order to use the top of the box (Box "A") to steady the rifle. After the last shot, he straightened up his spine or stood up altogether. Either would expose more of the gunman to Brennan's view. Where do you get "crawl"?

Since when is "making sense" the same as trying to force the evidence to fit the conclusion?

That would be you promoting Brennan as a "loon" because you figure he saw the gunman from the belt up all the while during the shooting.