Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Liebler's memo September 1964.  (Read 5562 times)

Online John Iacoletti

Re: Liebler's memo September 1964.
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 11:11:55 PM »
Advertisement
I believe that Liebeler was alert and recognized that if the Altgen's photo was taken "about two seconds after the shot which entered the back of the presidents neck "  Then Altgen's photo should show the gunman behind that window, because no human is quick enough to disappear from that cramped cubbyhole that was imagined to be a "Sniper's Nest" in a couple of seconds.

Huh? The Altgens photo doesn’t show that window at all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 11:11:55 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 11:27:42 PM »
Liebler made a good point about the relatively incomplete way the blanket thing was written

Bill,

Would it have been better if it had said, "Ruth and Michael were both asked if one or the other of them had checked every day to see whether or not that mysterious bundle was still there, and they both said (choose one): 1) "that they had," or 2) "that they had not"?

--  MWT   ;)

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 11:35:46 PM »

Mr. Iacoletti, I concur.
I found that response puzzling.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 11:35:46 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2020, 12:53:22 AM »
Bill,

Would it have been better if it had said, "Ruth and Michael were both asked if one or the other of them had checked every day to see whether or not that mysterious bundle was still there, and they both said (choose one): 1) "that they had," or 2) "that they had not"?

--  MWT   ;)

See if you can simplify that in a manner that would be a better fit for what Lieber described.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:58:23 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 01:45:04 AM »

OOPs!.... Yes, you're right...I was thinking of the Dillard photo.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 01:45:04 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 03:58:40 PM »
Except that if one is going to claim that the blanket had retained it's shape w/o the rifle inside, then one can claim there's no proof that the rifle was there 'continuously' unless somebody checked the blanket every day. That's the kind of questioning that you'd have to face in court.

Bravo, Chappie....  You've exhibited a glimmer of common sense...   Very unusual...and refreshing.

On this subject are you aware that Ruth Paine testified that the blanket was FLAT and gave no hint that the rifle was in the blanket when she had seen it in the garage.  During her WC appearance they placed the rifle in the blanket, and asked her if she recognized the shape of the blanket.... And she replied  that the blanket was FLAT when it was on the floor of the garage.

2.  On the top of page 32 it is stated that Ruth and Michael Paine "both noticed the rolled up blanket in the garage throughout the time that marina Oswald was living in their home". I am sure the record will not support that statement, a rather important one, too. I recall that there was a period of time before the assassination that neither of them saw the blanket. I have always had the opinion that there was a gap in the proof as to the rifle being continuously in the garage, one that probably could not be filled. It cannot be filled by ignoring it. The conclusion is even worse when it states that "The rifle was being kept among Oswald's possessions from the time of its purchase until the day of the assassination." I do not think the record provides any real evidence to support that broad statement. The fact is that not one person alive today ever saw that rifle in the Paine garage in such a way that it could be identified as that rifle.