Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dal Tex Roof Shooter  (Read 13447 times)

Offline Nicholas Turner

Re: Dal Tex Roof Shooter
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2020, 08:20:21 AM »
Advertisement
Neat....with muzzle blast and all.

Just more interpretation of blobs.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2020, 08:20:21 AM »

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2020, 02:36:47 AM »
Not saying the image was planted there. The general opinion about it is that it is the result of a internal reflection from the shutter mechanism. Maybe that is right or maybe wrong but I think the natural explanation makes more sense than it actually being an image from the roof. That is because it is absolutely impossible for any image of Houston and Elm to pass through the cameras lens. Nothing North of Main on Houston could have ever found its way into the lens as late as frame 481.
 I would challenge anyone to draw a ray diagram of light going from the Records building to the lens and into the lens. Light ray diagrams are simple and straight forward. When light reflects of an object the angle it hits at is the angle it bounces off at. Like how you calculate the path of a pool ball that bounces off the cushion.  The angle of reflection equals the angle of incidence. It is impossible to find a path in which light from the records building could ever up on the negative at frame 481. That is just a simple fact of light reflection.

Offline Jim Brazell

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »
Not saying the image was planted there. The general opinion about it is that it is the result of a internal reflection from the shutter mechanism. Maybe that is right or maybe wrong but I think the natural explanation makes more sense than it actually being an image from the roof. That is because it is absolutely impossible for any image of Houston and Elm to pass through the cameras lens. Nothing North of Main on Houston could have ever found its way into the lens as late as frame 481.
 I would challenge anyone to draw a ray diagram of light going from the Records building to the lens and into the lens. Light ray diagrams are simple and straight forward. When light reflects of an object the angle it hits at is the angle it bounces off at. Like how you calculate the path of a pool ball that bounces off the cushion.  The angle of reflection equals the angle of incidence. It is impossible to find a path in which light from the records building could ever up on the negative at frame 481. That is just a simple fact of light reflection.

The 8MM film ran for like 25 feet and then the bottom receiving reel became the dispensing reel. This created DOUBLE EXPOSURES in the i.s. area. The inter sprocket area shows several things not just the shooter on the Records Bldg. but spectators at the head end of Elm as well as the white fender of the motorcycle and wheel(Chaney's most likely),branches.bushes etc. Ironically, the motorcycle fender and wheel is actually over the shooters head in the i.s. area from about frames 310-333 (including the head shot at 313). This involves light by way of the aperture plate and overexposure...dark areas show the i.s. the best, wheres in light areas, it almost disappears.(See Main St. as the limo starts to accelerate). Zapruder's camera was especially prone to this (known flaw in this camera). There is quite a bit of info on this...makes for interesting reading IMO. The figure on the DCRB is NOT constant/in one stance in the film.         

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2020, 04:49:35 PM »
Barber is very consistently wrong, ever since his embarrassing performance on "Nova." No shot exited the front of the throat. Anyone who has done any honest research on the autopsy can say a shot exited the throat. How many witnesses describe Humes' frustration at being unable to locate an exit for the back shot? The fact that Specter, Humes and the rest rammed that nonsense down our throats doesn't make it any more viable. This also completely destroys the SBT, one of the dumbest theories in forensic history.

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2020, 03:25:27 AM »
I have heard the faint images are due to the zoom function expanding the image which goes all the way into the frames before it and after it  because the gate doesn't block light hitting in the sprocket area. The faint image of Chaney's front fender takes a dip in one frame that makes it look like he tapped his front brake. But it is really his image from the next or previous frame when Zapruder rotates his camera a bit. That image bleeds over to another frame and since all we can see in that frame is the fender it looks like he taps his brake. Frame 280 is interesting because it shows the lamp post in 3 different position from 3 different frames

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2020, 03:25:27 AM »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 03:03:12 PM »
At least Barber is consistent. Consistently mistaken.

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2020, 04:08:09 PM »
Yes. It is imperative to get the correct building. Which is why I don't understand people can't. People obviously don't know how to pay attention to details. The reflection of the roof shooter shows him standing on a building with square windows. Does the records building have square windows? It also shows a lighter color strip that goes around the roof. The records building is white with long windows that start in the middle. So the shooter wasn't on the records building.

Like you said. It's imperative to get it right!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2020, 04:08:09 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »
Yes. It is imperative to get the correct building. Which is why I don't understand people can't. People obviously don't know how to pay attention to details. The reflection of the roof shooter shows him standing on a building with square windows. Does the records building have square windows? It also shows a lighter color strip that goes around the roof. The records building is white with long windows that start in the middle. So the shooter wasn't on the records building.

Like you said. It's imperative to get it right!

Sorry, but that image is not a gunman.