Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Darnell Film at SFM - Part 3 – Back in the Plaza  (Read 5236 times)

Online James Hackerott

Darnell Film at SFM - Part 3 – Back in the Plaza
« on: December 20, 2019, 02:22:57 AM »
Advertisement
FOV      =   Field of View
DMDFC   =   Denis Morissette's excellent Darnell Film Compilation (DMDFC) found in this forum at this link:
 https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1762.msg46530.html#msg46530

Darnell left the Railroad/Parking area via the passage between the west pergola shelter and the east facing stockade fence.
Scene11   FOV   19°                     DMDFC 02:08
01:35   Darnell rotates the lens turret for narrow angle closeups of the stockade fence, officer, suited man with coat draped over his right arm and a girl with a dangling purse wearing a dark top with light skirt. The officer persuades her to leave the area. Still filming, Darnell pans to his left showing the sidewalk, bench and retaining wall as a crowd gathers. I believe Darnell's location is near the west side of the south entrance of the west pergola shelter..

Scene12   FOV   38°                     DMDFC 02:27
01:40   At or near the west side of the retaining wall somewhat behind the bench, he returns the lens to a wider field of view and films the grassy infield with the growing crowds. The girl from the last scene is now running down the grassy slope towards a group of people on the Elm street sidewalk. Most of this scene is well known.. However, the last few seconds include a tanker truck entering to its full length at left of frame. The tanker truck is new to me. At first I thought the tanker truck was an indicator that the scene in Denis' compilation was from a different cameraman, possibly Jim Underwood. However, I now  realize we've only seen a slightly trimmed scene from Darnell.

Scene13   FOV 38°                     DMDFC  02:47
01:48   Darnell films a closeup of Marilyn Sitzman interviewed by Dallas deputy sheriff Bill Wiseman..Use the link to Denis Morissette's JFK Assassination Investigators Identification Project and search for Wiseman.:
https://jfkinvestigators.wordpress.com/2016/02/24/jfk-investigators-identification-project/
In the last few seconds of the full Tina Towner film, viewable at the Sixth Floor Museum's online collection, Jimmy Darnell scrams from his position eastward to soon reach and film three young women. 
https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/43384/tina-towner-film?ctx=89a93882-7ebb-48b7-8a2d-9c8e0db6746e&idx=5

Scene14   FOV 38°                     DMDFC 02:45 (very short early portion of this scene)
01:54   Darnell films closeups of those three young women walking slowly eastward on the pergola patio steps. The women are the same women in the Zapruder film at the lower left of the Stemmons Freeway sign. Only short segments of this Darnell scene are in the wild. The three young women are Stella Jacobs, Jeanie Holt and Sharon Simmons.
02:04   This scene continues as Detective “Lummie” Lewis catches up to the girls from behind as they pass the east pedestal.
02:06   The three girls stop while Lewis continues, passing them on their left side then stops and turns to face the girls.
02:08   Sharon Simmons points with her left index finger over her right shoulder to indicate where they were standing when the President Kennedy was shot.
02:10   Darnell takes a closeup of Stella Mae Jacobs. Lewis brings up a hand-sized note pad to record information from the three women. He will add their names and info to his Sheriff's Department Supplementary Investigation Report.
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1901.msg50860.html#msg50860

Scene15   FOV 38° (probably)                  DMDFC   not present
02:15   Darnell films a closeup of Jeanie Holt's face as she looks directly at the camera while speaking.

Scene16   FOV 38°                       DMDFC   not present
02:19   Darnell positioned himself across from the TSBD doorway. He films Howard Brennan on the steps as Brennan spins to his left, twists and takes a spit near the mailboxes. In the doorway a small boy stands on low steps near the west columns. Other men are present - including officers and Don Cook of KTVT Dallas News. A car is parked in front and to the west side of the doorway may be Inspector Sawyer's.

02:24   Darnell continues the scene panning upward toward the sixth floor windows. The windows next to the corner window set are still closed.

Scene17   FOV (unknown)                  DMDFC   not present
02:30   From the rear driver's side Darnell films a closeup of  Amos Euins in the back seat of a car (Inspector Sawyer's?). Euins turns his head to his right window responding to one or two people.
02:46    End of Dealey Plaza filming. The next scene is at Parkland.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 02:15:11 AM by James Hackerott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: December 20, 2019, 02:22:57 AM »

Online Royell Storing

Re: Darnell Film at SFM - Part 3 – Back in the Plaza
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 10:50:29 PM »
   James - Thanks for Part 3. We have previously seen footage of Darnell being on the Eastern back side of the Pergola. He is standing between the Pergola and the railroad yard. Roughly in the area where the Elm Ext crosses over the railroad spur that arches from the back of the TSBD. With your Part 4 being devoted to footage of Parkland Hospital, when do you believe that Darnell moved to this Eastern position between the Pergola and the railroad yard? I ask due to my trying to award a rough time stamping to what we are seeing on Darnell's footage. Especially concerning the time stamping of the Sitzman Interview. When Sitzman was interviewed by Tink Thompson for his "Six Seconds In Dallas" book, she told him after getting down off the Perch she Immediately went down the Knoll where she spoke with 2 suited gentlemen. She thought the 2 guys were G Men. Her recounting this in 1966 to Thompson factors into the time stamping of her being back at the Perch for that Interview. Thanks again for doing your 4 part review of the Darnell Film you viewed/examined at the TSBD.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:52:08 PM by Royell Storing »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 04:00:20 AM »
   James - Thanks for Part 3. We have previously seen footage of Darnell being on the Eastern back side of the Pergola. He is standing between the Pergola and the railroad yard. Roughly in the area where the Elm Ext crosses over the railroad spur that arches from the back of the TSBD. With your Part 4 being devoted to footage of Parkland Hospital, when do you believe that Darnell moved to this Eastern position between the Pergola and the railroad yard? I ask due to my trying to award a rough time stamping to what we are seeing on Darnell's footage. Especially concerning the time stamping of the Sitzman Interview. When Sitzman was interviewed by Tink Thompson for his "Six Seconds In Dallas" book, she told him after getting down off the Perch she Immediately went down the Knoll where she spoke with 2 suited gentlemen. She thought the 2 guys were G Men. Her recounting this in 1966 to Thompson factors into the time stamping of her being back at the Perch for that Interview. Thanks again for doing your 4 part review of the Darnell Film you viewed/examined at the TSBD.
Royell,
I intended for part 4 to include real time estimates (such as you are asking) and my Prayer Person observations. I did not view any of Darnell's Parkland, or Love Field film. I'd have liked to do that but time was very tight. I think you are asking about the timing of Scene 10 (Part 2)?. If so, Robert Hughes films Darnell and Cook at that location at a time I estimate as 12:34-12:35. This was posted deep in some thread months ago about the time I was developing the Peristyle Wall Clock technique. Scene 12 (Part 3) where Darnell films the grassy infield contains a proxy time stamp in the form of the Peristyle Wall Shadow. The 12:35ish time is close for that scene, but is based on crappy quality Internet copies. My biggest failure while viewing the film was not realizing and attempting to measure that wall shadow on the video monitor.  This is my highest priority for a short followup visit early next year. I am hopeful that eventually we can come to an agreement on this timing problem.

PS   I'll post the Prayer Person observations in a day or two.

James

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 04:00:20 AM »

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 09:31:11 PM »
This is from the Darnell film. It shows the 2 pergola shooters.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »
02:19   Darnell positioned himself across from the TSBD doorway. He films Howard Brennan on the steps as Brennan spins to his left, twists and takes a spit near the mailboxes. In the doorway a small boy stands on low steps near the west columns. Other men are present - including officers and Don Cook of KTVT Dallas News. A car is parked in front and to the west side of the doorway may be Inspector Sawyers'.

02:24   Darnell continues the scene panning upward toward the sixth floor windows. The windows next to the corner window set are still closed.

I have 10 seconds of this scene. I also remember that I have about 10 seconds of footage of Darnell film I have seen only in one TV show.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 08:16:52 PM »
02:19   Darnell positioned himself across from the TSBD doorway. He films Howard Brennan on the steps as Brennan spins to his left, twists and takes a spit near the mailboxes. In the doorway a small boy stands on low steps near the west columns. Other men are present - including officers and Don Cook of KTVT Dallas News. A car is parked in front and to the west side of the doorway may be Inspector Sawyers'.

I have 10 seconds of this scene. I also remember that I have about 10 seconds of footage of Darnell film I have seen only in one TV show.

DENIS - And that 10 seconds of Darnell Film that you, "have seen only in one TV show", displays what specifically?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 08:16:52 PM »

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 12:34:47 AM »