Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: An innocent man  (Read 2252 times)

Online Charles Collins

An innocent man
« on: December 14, 2019, 03:42:11 PM »
Advertisement
There are some comparisons that could be made with the JFK assassination and a story of what happened to wrongly accused Richard Jewell that is depicted in Clint Eastwood’s new movie opening this weekend in theaters. (I wonder if it is playing at the Texas Theatre in Dallas, TX.)
The contention that LHO was innocent; and the 56-years of investigative efforts that have followed can be compared to what actually happened in Jewell’s story. I haven’t seen the movie yet. But plan to see it soon. In the meantime, here are a couple of audience reviews..,

What an eye opener!  One feels the pain and the desperation lived by Richard Jewell and his mother, when Jewell was wrongly accused by the FBI of being the 1996 Olympics bomber.  The eye opener:  The fake media and some of the U.S. government/FBI/CIA operatives have been distorting news and influencing audiences not just recently with President Trump's stories, but have been patting each other's backs for a long while.  This movie touched my heart.  I had tears in my eyes as I exited the theater. The actors playing Richard Jewell, Bobby Jewell and Watson Bryant show us a spectacular portrayal of the real protagonists in this story.   DO STAY  for the musical piece played during the credits at the end of the movie.

A heart-warming yet heart-wrenching film that, from what I can recall of the actual events and reactions, conveys a pretty accurate understanding of the who, what and why back then. Because of what has been written by some "professional reviewers", I would suggest not getting hung up on some creative license taken depicting supporting roles in this movie or broader social issues irrelevant to this story. The central issue is the under-handed actions as a result of careless presumption by both the FBI and a lazy, biased mainstream media wanting to believe an obvious, prejudiced narrative (seems timely considering present events). Mr Eastwood did justice to the telling of this travesty.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 03:43:19 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

An innocent man
« on: December 14, 2019, 03:42:11 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: An innocent man
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 04:13:17 PM »
There are some comparisons that could be made with the JFK assassination and a story of what happened to wrongly accused Richard Jewell that is depicted in Clint Eastwood’s new movie opening this weekend in theaters. (I wonder if it is playing at the Texas Theatre in Dallas, TX.)
The contention that LHO was innocent; and the 56-years of investigative efforts that have followed can be compared to what actually happened in Jewell’s story. I haven’t seen the movie yet. But plan to see it soon. In the meantime, here are a couple of audience reviews..,

What an eye opener!  One feels the pain and the desperation lived by Richard Jewell and his mother, when Jewell was wrongly accused by the FBI of being the 1996 Olympics bomber.  The eye opener:  The fake media and some of the U.S. government/FBI/CIA operatives have been distorting news and influencing audiences not just recently with President Trump's stories, but have been patting each other's backs for a long while.  This movie touched my heart.  I had tears in my eyes as I exited the theater. The actors playing Richard Jewell, Bobby Jewell and Watson Bryant show us a spectacular portrayal of the real protagonists in this story.   DO STAY  for the musical piece played during the credits at the end of the movie.

A heart-warming yet heart-wrenching film that, from what I can recall of the actual events and reactions, conveys a pretty accurate understanding of the who, what and why back then. Because of what has been written by some "professional reviewers", I would suggest not getting hung up on some creative license taken depicting supporting roles in this movie or broader social issues irrelevant to this story. The central issue is the under-handed actions as a result of careless presumption by both the FBI and a lazy, biased mainstream media wanting to believe an obvious, prejudiced narrative (seems timely considering present events). Mr Eastwood did justice to the telling of this travesty.

I haven't seen the movie ...... But based on the above comment I'd suggest that there is a major difference between the Richard Jewell Story and The Lee Oswald story.      And that difference is:....   Richard Jewell was a victim of convenience for the FBI, while Lee Oswald was set up before the fact to be the patsy...   

And... We need to keep in mind that the vast majority of FBI people are good honest hard working people.... BUT  there was/ is a small cadre of mobsters who hold FBI credentials.    J.Edgar Hoover was the ultimate "Godfather"....  He controlled a band of ultra loyal sycophants who worshiped at his feet, and they would do anything to please  "The Fuhrer".   

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 04:30:47 PM »

I haven't seen the movie ...... But based on the above comment I'd suggest that there is a major difference between the Richard Jewell Story and The Lee Oswald story.      And that difference is:....   Richard Jewell was a victim of convenience for the FBI, while Lee Oswald was set up before the fact to be the patsy...   

And... We need to keep in mind that the vast majority of FBI people are good honest hard working people.... BUT  there was/ is a small cadre of mobsters who hold FBI credentials.    J.Edgar Hoover was the ultimate "Godfather"....  He controlled a band of ultra loyal sycophants who worshiped at his feet, and they would do anything to please  "The Fuhrer".   

I have a late great aunt that worked high up in the FBI in Washington DC and with J. Edgar Hoover. She retired a few years before the JFK assassination. But still, I sure wish she was still here and could answer some questions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 04:30:47 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 06:48:02 PM »
The hard evidence sticks to Smirky like ugly on a moose, spombleprofglidnoctobuns on a blanket, white on rice, and snot on a hot stove.
ugly on a moose...You have something against a moose now :-\
  spombleprofglidnoctobuns on a blanket...then don't do that
  white on rice...what about brown rice?
  and snot on a hot stove....WHAT?
 Seek professional help :D

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 07:02:50 PM »

J. Edgar Hoover?

Vain, vengeful and overly territorial J. Edgar Hoover was duped by KGB triple-agent Aleksei Kulak (FEDORA) for fifteen years into believing, among other things, that Yuri "The KGB Had Nothing To Do With Oswald, and Anatoliy Golitsyn Is A False Defector" Nosenko was a true defector.

Starting at the same time, Dimitri Polyakov (TOP HAT) also covered for false-defector Nosenko, and duped JEH into believing HE was loyal to the FBI and CIA (which he wasn't, until, that is, he was re-posted to Burma and India and started telling CIA more than he was supposed to), and then a few years later there was triple-agent Boris Orehkov (SHAMROCK), who convinced Hoover that the KGB had undertalen a six-month investigation of the JFK assassination right after it happened (finding the Military Industrial Intelligence Community Complex culpable, of course), et al., ad nauseam.

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

https://archive.org/details/SpyWarsMolesMysteriesAndDeadlyGames/page/n3

https://archive.org/details/WedgeFromPearlHarborTo911HowTheSecretWarBetweenTheFBIAndCIAHasEndangeredNationalSecurity/page/n2
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:23:39 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 07:02:50 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »
The movie “Richard Jewell” is a good one! We saw it last night and liked it a lot. Clint Eastwood knows how to make a good movie and this story is one that I believe needed to be told to a wider audience (as a major motion picture usually does). Mistakes were made, and society should try to learn from them. Unfortunately, similar overzealous media (which I believe contributed to the untimely death of LHO) was also a big factor in Jewell’s story. The FBI focused on the wrong suspect and the results were devastating for Jewell and the subsequent victims of the real perpetrator. So, perhaps this movie might help to show the mistakes and, hopefully make some folks think twice about what they are doing.

I have been intrigued enough to get the book “The Suspect” by Kent Alexander and Kevin Salween. Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:15:42 PM by Charles Collins »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 07:42:11 PM »
ugly on a moose...You have something against a moose now :-\
  spombleprofglidnoctobuns on a blanket...then don't do that
  white on rice...what about brown rice?
  and snot on a hot stove....WHAT?
 Seek professional help :D

Say something clever... I dare you

JFK Assassination Forum