Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ruth Paine remembers the Assassination  (Read 14986 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Ruth Paine remembers the Assassination
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2020, 04:53:16 PM »
Advertisement
  Marina said that she believed that Oswald liked JFK too. But she later testified that she wasn't sure and that she made that judgment because he would read favorable stories about JFK to her. 
But she later testified that she wasn't sure
Where was that specifically?
Here is Marina Oswald Porter's statements before the HSCA--------
Mr. PREYER. Did Lee ever talk about United States politics after you were married, that is, did he talk about officials of the United States, such as the President or the Secretary of State or, did he talk about policies of the U.S. Government?
Mrs. PORTER. If he did, he wasn't talking to me about it, because I wasn't really interested in his political view or anybody's political view.
Mr. PREYER. Specifically did he ever talk about President Kennedy?
Mrs. PORTER. Whatever he said about President Kennedy, it was only good, always.
Mr. PREYER. At this time when he first returned in Texas, did he talk about politics or did he mention President Kennedy again at any time?
Mrs. PORTER. Off and on, but it was always complimentary, something good.
Mr. PREYER. Did he talk in general about any other politicians or public figures in the United States at this time?
Mrs. PORTER. Not that I recall; no.
Mr. McDONALD. Can you recall in your presence whether George DeMohrenschildt and Lee ever spoke about President Kennedy?
Mrs. PORTER. If I say right now that, yes, I do, they probably talked about, and then you ask me about the details which I cannot remember, but, yes, the name John Kennedy was mentioned in their conversation.
Mr. McDONALD. Can you recall in what context? In other words, were they speaking favorably of Kennedy?
Mrs. PORTER. I think so. Well, I recall that George DeMohrenschildt told me once that when he was younger, I mean he knew Jackie Kennedy before she was married to John Kennedy when she was a young lady and spoke very nicely about her.
Mr. McDONALD. And how about Lee's views at the time? Do you recall whether they were ever engaged in argument?
Mrs. PORTER. I do not recall ever hearing Lee talking badly about John Kennedy or Kennedy family.
Does that settle it for everybody?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2020, 04:53:16 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »
The copying of Oswalds's letter, preceded by her "snooping" , remains..curious?

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2020, 10:24:45 PM »
Paine: "I think it was a spur of the moment thing for him. That he could do this. I don’t think he was shooting at Kennedy. He was shooting at the Presidency."

That was Bugliosi's theory too: i.e., that Oswald was shooting at what JFK represented - that is, the head of the political and economic systems that he repeatedly said he hated - and not specifically at JFK.

It is odd that we have very little about what Oswald thought about JFK. De Mohrenschildt said that Oswald expressed admiration for JFK, especially his civil rights proposals. Marina said that she believed that Oswald liked JFK too. But she later testified that she wasn't sure and that she made that judgment because he would read favorable stories about JFK to her. I'll just add parenthetically: if Marina (and or DeMohrenschildt) was coached or coerced into giving damning information about Oswald then why didn't "they" tell her/him to say he hated JFK?

Again, however, we have Oswald's repeated denunciations of America, of its political and economic structure. So why would he "like" the leader of the systems he detested? Plus: Cuba. Oswald admired Castro, he wanted to defect there. Sure, after the problems with the Cubans in Mexico City obtaining a visa he seemed to sour on Cuba. But why turn on Castro?

In any case, I think Oswald was aware of JFK's covert war on Cuba, perhaps even about the assassination plots against Castro (question: did he meet anyone in Mexico City who "inflamed" his dislike of JFK?). And that played a role - large or small - in his decision. He may have been driven in part by a desire for fame or for attacking the Presidency and not the President but I don't think we can take JFK the man out of his motivations.

Oswald liked Kennedy despite the Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missile Crisis. So why would knowledge of the Covert War against Cuba make him dislike Kennedy?

Oswald knew at the time when he said nice things about Kennedy to his wife and George DM that the US under Kennedy was hostile towards Cuba and had to have known that LBJ would continue Kennedy’s policies.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2020, 10:24:45 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2020, 10:27:44 PM »

It was an opportunity that fell into his lap. And his plan of the surprise ambush was a good one.

Maybe.

However, the Dallas trip for JFK was announced before Oswald traveled to New Mexico and the parade route going through Dealey Plaza was predictable.

It was just a matter of getting Oswald to Dallas and getting him a job in Dealey Plaza...

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:28:17 PM by Jon Banks »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2020, 10:37:48 PM »
The copying of Oswalds's letter, preceded by her "snooping" , remains..curious?

Ruth Paine admitted that she was a informant for the FBI when she appeared before the WC.    The FACT that she spied on Lee Oswald ( and Marina who she had living in her house where she could easily spy on her) and reported to the FBI is an admission that she was an FBI informant.   

I wonder if Ruth knows that she was an FBI stoolie? ....    Probably not....She has some  wires crossed and after all these years the lie has become the truth in her head.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2020, 10:37:48 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2020, 04:14:35 AM »
Ruth Paine admitted that she was a informant for the FBI when she appeared before the WC.    The FACT that she spied on Lee Oswald ( and Marina who she had living in her house where she could easily spy on her) and reported to the FBI is an admission that she was an FBI informant.   

I wonder if Ruth knows that she was an FBI stoolie? ....    Probably not....She has some  wires crossed and after all these years the lie has become the truth in her head.   

Intriguing idea.
Could you help out with a citation for this " informant " admission?
Thanks.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2020, 03:13:51 PM »
Belief in a thing, even by a lot of people, doesn't make it true.  Most people don't know the first detail about the JFK assassination.  Their opinion is worthless.   It is dealt with by CTers in a hypothetical sense in which a Quaker, housewife can be a sinister master spy involved in an assassination selectively nitpicking her words and making sinister implications.  The real Ruth Paine is of no interest to you because it is preposterous that she was involved in any conspiracy.  Just a kind person doing a good deed.   
Most people don't know the first detail about the JFK assassination.
Says who...the big know it all?
Their opinion is worthless.
How much is yours worth?
a Quaker, housewife can be a sinister master spy involved in an assassination
What a pile of crap. I do not ---nor do I agree that Ruth Paine was involved with any plot to assassinate JFK.
However her connection with the Oswalds [whatever that attachment might have been] left her vulnerable and vulnerable people are infused then with fear and intimidation. Mrs Paine's contradictory statements have been posted several times and long time members know this and some choose to ignore it.
Fear is the greatest motivator.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2020, 03:13:51 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2020, 03:49:46 PM »
Intriguing idea.
Could you help out with a citation for this " informant " admission?
Thanks.

Walt is playing fast and loose with the term “informant”. Hosty asked her some questions about Oswald and she answered them.