Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Uncut John Martin Film  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The Uncut Jack Martin Film
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 09:50:04 PM »
Advertisement
Yes Jake that is him. I thank you and Duncan so much! Originally, I thought this was him at the far left of the William Allen photograph from Robin's fantastic gallery. This was based on the first floor of the TSBD Warren Exhibit pictures. Then, I saw a picture of Troy West taken by the FBI in 1964, and I was not sure. But I think this man in the orange shirt is him! Sincerely yours, Michael

On the very far left, can an orange shirt come out white? If it is possible, then it could be West, Dougherty in white chewing his knuckles, Givens wearing the hat to the left of the man in the white shirt, Eddie Piper is down in the middle with the hat and glasses and newspaper. They would all be first floor TSBD workers. Roy Lewis and Carl Jones are higher up on the right side steps near the entrance.

Eddie Piper is down in the middle with the hat and glasses and newspaper.

That is NOT Eddie Piper.....   I'm certain.....  I don't believe Eddie Piper went outside the TSBD at the time.

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: The Uncut Jack Martin Film
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 09:50:04 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
Re: The Uncut John Martin Film
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2022, 10:57:24 PM »
The John T Martin Film which shows Oswald handing out leaflets can be seen here.
https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/36908/john-t-martin-film
I could be wrong, but, I believe the other John Martin, ie, the one who filmed in the Plaza, was sometimes referred to as Jack Martin, hence my "Jack Martin" Video title.

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 11:02:58 PM »
Thank you Duncan! Like Jack for John Kennedy! Sincerely yours, Michael

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 11:02:58 PM »

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 11:06:50 PM »
Hi Walt, The only picture I know of Eddie Piper to go by for a comparison is the 1964 FBI photo. This one is from Pinterest. Thank you for your input! Sincerely yours, Michael

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 03:40:08 AM »
Hi Walt, The only picture I know of Eddie Piper to go by for a comparison is the 1964 FBI photo. This one is from Pinterest. Thank you for your input! Sincerely yours, Michael

I'll have to say, the photo you've posted of Eddie Piper does in fact resemble the "Taxi Driver"   that is seen in the martin film.

However.....That "Taxi Driver was all over Dealey Plaza that day....  He's first seen on the NE corner of Main and Houston before the shots were fired ..... Then he's seen running west across Houston and he's carrying what appears to be a brief case, There's also a photo of him on the south side of Elm as The police officer examines a bullet strike in the grass and points to an upper floor window on the WEST end of the TSBD as the place the bullet had been fired from.

This "Taxi Driver " ? has always intrigued me.... WHO was he??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 03:40:08 AM »

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2022, 04:10:23 AM »
Hi Walt, Are you talking about this guy? To me, he has always come across as a different bigger man. Thank you for everything, Sincerely yours, Michael

This is from Jim Murray in Robin's famous gallery.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 04:12:36 AM by Michael Welch »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 02:01:39 AM »
Hi Walt, Are you talking about this guy? To me, he has always come across as a different bigger man. Thank you for everything, Sincerely yours, Michael

This is from Jim Murray in Robin's famous gallery.

Are you talking about this guy?

Yes Tht's our "Taxi Driver" ( dressed in khaki ) ....There are better photos of him on pages 496 & 498  of POTP.  Mr "Taxi Driver" was where ever the action was taking place in Dealy Plaza that afternoon.  He certainly heard whatever the police were saying and was keeping tabs on the story unfolding.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 02:01:39 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 02:43:17 AM »
The John T Martin Film which shows Oswald handing out leaflets can be seen here.
https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/36908/john-t-martin-film
I could be wrong, but, I believe the other John Martin, ie, the one who filmed in the Plaza, was sometimes referred to as Jack Martin, hence my "Jack Martin" Video title.

John Wylie "Johnny" Martin, Jr., 1905 - 1993 Dallas Post Office Safety Officer,

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/29225958/john-wylie-martin

John T. Martin, filmed bullet hole in wall of Edwin Walker's residence and Oswald in NOLA in same film reel,

From Minuteman membership list,

From Martin's 1963 High School yearbook,

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 02:47:00 AM by Tom Scully »