Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald in New Orleans  (Read 10903 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Oswald in New Orleans
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2020, 11:47:27 PM »
Advertisement
The coup d ' etate wasn't being seriously plotted in May of 1963.

I believe there was/existed the hatching of a plot to remove Kennedy right after the failed invasion of Cuba.

Synopsis of Assassination Attempt Against JFK, May 18, 1963, in Nashville TN

A few years ago I began looking into other assassination sites as well as other potential assassins and potential patsies. I was able to track a potential JFK assassin to the general area (Knoxville, TN) of a planned JFK motorcade in May of 1963. The trip was altered prior to the actual day of the trip and JFK instead made a visit to Nashville, TN. His visit, on May 18, 1963, included several motorcades.

In early 1992 I was shocked to see a tabloid print a story about an assassination attempt against JFK during the Nashville trip! Congressman Bob Clement of Tennessee had made a startling revelation. He said his father, the late Gov. Frank Clement (governor of Tennessee in 1963) told him of a strange incident while JFK awaited a helicopter after visiting the Governor. The tabloid quoted Congressman Bob Clement of Tennessee as stating, “While the President waited for the helicopter, a man approached with a gun hidden underneath a sack. Secret Service agents spotted him and grabbed him”.

I called and interviewed the congressman in the early summer of 1963. I also obtained actual Nashville news stories about the congressman’s revelation in January of 1992. As a result of reading the news stories and talking to Congressman Clement, I have been able to piece together the following story:

President Kennedy arrived in Nashville on May 18, 1963. He rode in a motorcade to Vanderbilt University where he gave a speech outside in the football stadium. JFK left the stadium in another motorcade and drove to the governor’s mansion. Somewhere between the Governor’s mansion and the helicopter landing site at Overton High School, a man approached JFK with a handgun under a sack. It is unclear whether JFK was in his limousine or not at the time. The governor witnessed this event and the subsequent capture of the suspect by the Secret Service. The man was held at the High School for some time. Nothing more is known about the man. The Secret Service asked the governor to keep the event out of the press for fear it would lead to more assassination attempts.   
https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-three-failed-plots-to-kill-jfk-part-2
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 11:48:42 PM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Oswald in New Orleans
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2020, 11:47:27 PM »