Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Jack Ruby and Seth Kantor at Parkland Hospital  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Jack Ruby and Seth Kantor at Parkland Hospital
« on: December 07, 2019, 06:48:12 AM »
Advertisement

An hour after the shooting of President Kennedy I encountered Jack Ruby at Parkland Hospital. Ruby was someone I had known at the start of the Kennedy administration, when I had been a reporter on a Dallas newspaper. He sought me out at Parkland, called me by name and, later from jail, wrote me a warm, personal note. But he later denied that he had been inside Parkland Hospital at that critical time. As a result, the Warren Commission questioned both Ruby and me in June, 1964, about the Parkland encounter. In the end, page 336 of the Warren Report declared that "Kantor probably did not see Ruby in Parkland Hospital.
                                                    from~~~ "Who Was Jack Ruby'' by Seth Kantor
The surprising thing is not that Seth Kantor testified that he saw Ruby at Parkland and the Warren Commission chose not to believe him.
 It is that Ruby denied being at the hospital completely and the Commission chose to believe him ...a known felon!
There must have been some reason that Jack Ruby did not want to be identified as being at the medical center.
If there were some policemen who saw Ruby there, they were not officially produced.
    At the Dallas Trade Mart... Penn Jones rushed to Parkland Hospital where he asked questions and took several photographs. One of his pictures, according to researcher John Judge, may have captured Jack Ruby going into the hospital.  As was stated ---The Warren Commission later denied Ruby was ever there there at this time.
Burt W. Griffin:When did you first meet Mr. Ruby?
[Seth Kantor had testified that he knew Jack Ruby for about 3 years]
Seth Kantor: Well, it was within a very few months after I joined the Times Herald. I was a feature writer for the paper. I think by nature of the stories that I wrote, I sort of attracted Jack Ruby. He came up to my desk one day and introduced himself and said that he owned a club or clubs in town, and that he thought he might have some stories for me from time to time, and he did. Over the next several months, he provided me with maybe as many as half-a-dozen feature stories, on characters in town.
Mr. GRIFFIN. All right.....go ahead...Mr. GRIFFIN. Now, is there anything in particular about the doorway that you were in--that you were near at the time you thought you saw Ruby that sticks out in your mind?
Mr Kantor. Now, as I had told the FBI, it was either at this point or it was at a point originally when I went up behind Malcolm Kilduff that I spoke with Jack Ruby.
Mr. GRIFFIN. All right. Now, let me ask you to place on the map approximately where you were the first time that you think you might have seen Jack Ruby--if you would place a No. "3" on the map where you were the first time when you think you might have seen Ruby.
Mr. KANTOR. All right. It was inside the building, but just barely inside. It was just immediately inside the doorway. I am not sure, as I said, whether there was a small door next to the main entrance itself, or whether this occurred just inside the main entrance. But it seems to me it was--
Mr. GRIFFIN. Let me get this straight, then. The first time you saw Ruby, before you went up to Mr. Kilduff's press conference--
Mr. KANTOR. No, sir; what I am saying is I only saw him once and talked to him that time.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Now, is there anything in particular about the doorway that you were in--that you were near at the time you thought you saw Ruby that sticks out in your mind?
So we can see by the line of questioning that Council Burt Griffin was strongly implying that Seth Kator must be mistaken about seeing Ruby.
I wonder why they even called him to testify at all.
Still there is the nagging mystery of why was Jack Ruby at Parkland...What he doing going inside the same area that police were keeping others from entering? Why didn't he just say that he was concerned about the condition of the president?   [yeah right]

JFK Assassination Forum

Jack Ruby and Seth Kantor at Parkland Hospital
« on: December 07, 2019, 06:48:12 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Jack Ruby and Seth Kantor at Parkland Hospital
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 06:39:24 PM »

At the Dallas Trade Mart... Penn Jones rushed to Parkland Hospital where he asked questions and took several photographs. One of his pictures, according to researcher John Judge, may have captured Jack Ruby going into the hospital.  
This could be Jack Ruby [I didn't know he was so short] Same build.. suit.. and fedora hat------------
https://app.box.com/s/8b408e6999f8799dfd0a/file/17669463452
[ FMG Vol3 page 140..a pdf file]
The Seth Kantor affair is a blatant demonstration that the Warren Commission and their staff willingly ignored the truth and the actual facts of the assassination so they could produce Oswald as a lone nut and that [as they put it] No evidence of a conspiracy could be found.
My speculation [pure conjecture] is that Ruby was there at Parkland Hospital to plant that bullet known as CE 399.

Offline Robert Doane

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 08:36:54 PM »
  This could be Jack Ruby [I didn't know he was so short] Same build.. suit.. and fedora hat------------
The Seth Kantor affair is a blatant demonstration that the Warren Commission and their staff willingly ignored the truth and the actual facts of the assassination so they could produce Oswald as a lone nut and that [as they put it] No evidence of a conspiracy could be found.
My speculation [pure conjecture] is that Ruby was there at Parkland Hospital to plant that bullet known as CE 399.

I had always imagined Ruby a little shorter, but in the last few years I thought I read he was around 6 foot, but just read an article stating in his autopsy he was 5 foot 8 inches,around 145 or 150 pounds. Oddly enough the ads showing up on this page for me right now are for fedora hats.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:38:39 PM by Robert Doane »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 08:36:54 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 02:40:20 AM »
I had always imagined Ruby a little shorter, but in the last few years I thought I read he was around 6 foot, but just read an article stating in his autopsy he was 5 foot 8 inches,around 145 or 150 pounds. Oddly enough the ads showing up on this page for me right now are for fedora hats.
Could you link that article? Jack Ruby definitely was not 6 ft tall...5'8" probably but very husky. No doubt he lost weight in jail and with illness.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 04:09:18 PM »

Not an unfounded idea.....  Seth Cantor was discredited by the WC....One of the reasons they wanted to cast doubt on his credibility was of course the fact that he insisted that he encountered Ruby at Parkland....    but another seldom heard reason is the fact that Cantor said that there was a bullet hole in a sixth floor window of the TSBD.   

PS.... If Ruby had taken the "magic Bullet" to Parkland it's highly unlikely that he would have called Cantor's attention to his presence  there at Parkland.  I'd speculate that Ruby would have given the bullet to someone who had unquestioned right to be there in that area.   ( Like Darrell Tomlinson , or OP Wright.) 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 04:09:18 PM »

Offline Robert Doane

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 07:54:59 PM »
Could you link that article? Jack Ruby definitely was not 6 ft tall...5'8" probably but very husky. No doubt he lost weight in jail and with illness.

The writer of the article Blaine Greteman gives this info after he visited with his students Dallas Medical Examiner Earl Rose's collection that was donated to University of Iowa library.

https://newrepublic.com/article/115723/jack-rubys-autopsy-report-university-iowas-library

This link has Rubys fingerprints after murder arrest and listing him as 5 ft 8 1/2,179 lbs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jack-Rubys-Fingerprint-Card-Autographed-JFK-John-F-Kennedy-Lee-Harvey-Oswald-/303128449945

This link has Rubys different arrest records one for permitting dancing after hours, you think his friends would have overlooked that for him. The site says it will be unavailable 13 Fri Dec until 16 Mon Dec

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth337376/

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 11:40:51 PM »
This link has Rubys fingerprints after murder arrest and listing him as 5 ft 8 1/2,179 lbs.

They didn't get his name right and also mis-spelled it----

Born-- Jacob Leon Rubenstein

Also...according to wikipedia--Jack Ruby was born on  April 25, 1911 not March :-\
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby
According to the Warren Commission, Ruby was in the second-floor advertising offices of the Dallas Morning News, five blocks away from the Texas School Book Depository, placing weekly advertisements for his nightclubs when he learned of the assassination around 12:45 p.m.[17]:334–335 Ruby then made phone calls to his assistant at the Carousel Club and to his sister.[17]:334 The Commission stated that an employee of the Dallas Morning News estimated that Ruby left the newspaper's offices at 1:30 p.m., but indicated that other testimony suggested he may have left earlier.[17]:334–335
Not a word there about Seth Kantor ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 11:40:51 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 02:44:00 AM »
No response from the Warren defenders on this one...typical--there is no defense.
 The Warren Commission who vowed to "leave no stone unturned" decided to not turn this one over.
It reeks of coverup.
Ruby at Parkland Hospital had a sinister implication --- Ruby denying he was there and the Commission accepting his
lie word over Seth Kantor's proves that any scent of conspiracy was to be avoided no matter what.