Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK Assassination references in “The Irishman”  (Read 11473 times)

Offline Jon Banks

JFK Assassination references in “The Irishman”
« on: December 06, 2019, 10:55:25 PM »
Advertisement
“The Irishman”, a movie based on the life of Jimmy Hoffa associate, Frank Sheeran, is on Netflix and in theaters now.

Jimmy Hoffa and the mob bosses who associated with him have long been suspected of having a hand in JFK’s assassination. The film has a few subtle references to the Kennedy assassination.

- One scene shows Sheeran meeting David Ferrie and transporting weapons for the Bay of Pigs invasion

- In a later scene in the film someone says “if they can kill a President, they can kill the President of a Union”

The most compelling “Mafia did it” theory that I’ve seen involves Carlos Marcello.

A few years ago, Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert DeNiro were in talks to do a movie about Marcello based on Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann’s book, “Legacy of Secrecy”.

https://aboutthemafia.com/robert-deniro-set-to-play-new-orleans-mafia-boss-carlos-marcello-in-upcoming-movie

JFK Assassination Forum

JFK Assassination references in “The Irishman”
« on: December 06, 2019, 10:55:25 PM »

Online Royell Storing

Re: JFK Assassination references in “The Irishman”
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 11:36:53 PM »
“The Irishman”, a movie based on the life of Jimmy Hoffa associate, Frank Sheeran, is on Netflix and in theaters now.

Jimmy Hoffa and the mob bosses who associated with him have long been suspected of having a hand in JFK’s assassination. The film has a few subtle references to the Kennedy assassination.

- One scene shows Sheeran meeting David Ferrie and transporting weapons for the Bay of Pigs invasion

- In a later scene in the film someone says “if they can kill a President, they can kill the President of a Union”

The most compelling “Mafia did it” theory that I’ve seen involves Carlos Marcello.

A few years ago, Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert DeNiro were in talks to do a movie about Marcello based on Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann’s book, “Legacy of Secrecy”.

https://aboutthemafia.com/robert-deniro-set-to-play-new-orleans-mafia-boss-carlos-marcello-in-upcoming-movie

I have read the book "I Hear You Paint Houses" which the movie "The Irishman" is based on. I also watched the movie. The book goes into more JFK Assassination connections than the movie does. I would guess that director Scorsese did Not want to encroach on Oliver Stone territory and also be subjected to the same BS that Stone endured due to his "JFK" movie. Hit Man Frank Sheeran who the movie is based on claimed in the book that he saw Jack Ruby numerous times in Chicago. He claimed Ruby was the #2 man in a union that was run by Mob Boss Sam Giancana. The story Sheeran heard was that the Dallas PD was supposed to Off Oswald, but for whatever reason failed to do so. With Oswald being transferred and the opportunity to kill Oswald rapidly disappearing, it fell on Ruby to accomplish the Hit. In the book Sheeran also claimed to have given a bag of rifles to David Ferrie. Sheeran thought based on what he felt inside the bag along with the weight of the bag,  there was probably 3 rifles inside the bag. Sheeran later learned that the bag was being flown to Dallas by Ferrie for the JFK assassination.  Sheeran also recounted receiving guns/ammo from Ferrie and then driving that arsenal down to a Florida race track. He personally handed everything off to E Howard Hunt to be used for the Bay Of Pigs invasion. Sheeran several times also delivered large sums of cash to Pres. Nixon's AG John Mitchell.     
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 11:38:09 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 11:47:17 PM »
That's very interesting Royell.  A book to be aware of.  The Oliver Stone movie is now about 30 years old I'd guess. Maybe enough time has gone by but maybe that would have complicated the movie, "The Irishman".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 11:47:17 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 11:56:32 PM »
That's very interesting Royell.  A book to be aware of.  The Oliver Stone movie is now about 30 years old I'd guess. Maybe enough time has gone by but maybe that would have complicated the movie, "The Irishman".

Sheeran tying Nixon to The Mob via dealing directly with E Howard Hunt and AG John Mitchell makes me think about the rumors of Nixon having flown out of Dallas early on 11/22/63.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 12:04:12 AM »

Looks interesting, did you read the book that the movie is based on (“I heard you paint houses”)?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 12:04:12 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 12:27:43 AM »
    I have read the book "I Hear You Paint Houses" which the movie "The Irishman" is based on. I also watched the movie. The book goes into more JFK Assassination connections than the movie does. I would guess that director Scorsese did Not want to encroach on Oliver Stone territory and also be subjected to the same BS that Stone endured due to his "JFK" movie. Hit Man Frank Sheeran who the movie is based on claimed in the book that he saw Jack Ruby numerous times in Chicago. He claimed Ruby was the #2 man in a union that was run by Mob Boss Sam Giancana. The story Sheeran heard was that the Dallas PD was supposed to Off Oswald, but for whatever reason failed to do so. With Oswald being transferred and the opportunity to kill Oswald rapidly disappearing, it fell on Ruby to accomplish the Hit. In the book Sheeran also claimed to have given a bag of rifles to David Ferrie. Sheeran thought based on what he felt inside the bag along with the weight of the bag,  there was probably 3 rifles inside the bag. Sheeran later learned that the bag was being flown to Dallas by Ferrie for the JFK assassination.  Sheeran also recounted receiving guns/ammo from Ferrie and then driving that arsenal down to a Florida race track. He personally handed everything off to E Howard Hunt to be used for the Bay Of Pigs invasion. Sheeran several times also delivered large sums of cash to Pres. Nixon's AG John Mitchell.     

I too always figured Ruby killing Oswald was improvised. I don’t think Oswald getting arrested could’ve been part of anyone‘a original plan.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 12:40:51 AM »
Bill Paxton was an eight year old in the crowd in Fort Worth to see JFK on the day Kennedy died. He became a successful actor and co-produced the movie "Parkland" based on the book "Four Days in November". He may have had other LN-type projects in mind but died mysteriously at age 61 in 2017, some days after open-heart surgery.

The "official" line was that Paxton had suffered rheumatic fever as a child, which damaged his heart. Still some wonder if he was silenced by rogue elements of the CT community.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 12:40:51 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 12:49:20 AM »

Also, at 3.5 hours, “The Irishman” is a bit too long. I’m glad they didn’t go on a long tangent into the Kennedy assassination.

I think a movie that focuses on Carlos Marcello and the Kennedy assassination would be more interesting way to dramatize the Mob theories.