Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK Assassination references in “The Irishman”  (Read 11000 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: JFK Assassination references in “The Irishman”
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 12:56:15 AM »
Advertisement

Looks interesting, did you read the book that the movie is based on (“I heard you paint houses”)?

I haven’t read the book. I’m interested in reading it now.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 12:56:15 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 01:14:28 AM »
Bill Paxton was an eight year old in the crowd in Fort Worth to see JFK on the day Kennedy died. He became a successful actor and co-produced the movie "Parkland" based on the book "Four Days in November". He may have had other LN-type projects in mind but died mysteriously at age 61 in 2017, some days after open-heart surgery.

The "official" line was that Paxton had suffered rheumatic fever as a child, which damaged his heart. Still some wonder if he was silenced by rogue elements of the CT community.

If that were true how did Bugliosi manage to hang around? Posner is still kicking. The above speculation makes a Dart Firing Umbrella sound pretty tame.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 01:25:52 AM »
Bill Paxton was an eight year old in the crowd in Fort Worth to see JFK on the day Kennedy died. He became a successful actor and co-produced the movie "Parkland" based on the book "Four Days in November". He may have had other LN-type projects in mind but died mysteriously at age 61 in 2017, some days after open-heart surgery.

The "official" line was that Paxton had suffered rheumatic fever as a child, which damaged his heart. Still some wonder if he was silenced by rogue elements of the CT community.

Nice parody!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 01:25:52 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 01:27:47 AM »
Also, at 3.5 hours, “The Irishman” is a bit too long. I’m glad they didn’t go on a long tangent into the Kennedy assassination.

I think a movie that focuses on Carlos Marcello and the Kennedy assassination would be more interesting way to dramatize the Mob theories.

The book also went into the extended time Sheeran was under fire in Europe during WW2. His avg time under fire was 8X higher than the avg Dog Face. This was attributed to his frame of mind when the war was over and his eventually becoming a hit man. I found this interesting though the movie did Not go into it.  Per the book, Hoffa paid Nixon $400,000 for his pardon in "75". The last 30 minutes drug a little but the 1st 3 hours went by quickly.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 01:33:09 AM by Royell Storing »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 05:54:56 AM »
    If that were true how did Bugliosi manage to hang around? Posner is still kicking. The above speculation makes a Dart Firing Umbrella sound pretty tame.

I think he was being sarcastic.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 05:54:56 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 12:36:44 PM »
I think he was being sarcastic.

Yes, it was a parody. And it made me chuckle...

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »

If any of you view the flick, stick around until the lengthy credits have concluded. Following the credits there is a roughly 25 minute round table discussion between Scorsese, De Niro, Pesci, and Pacino regarding the film, the CGI age reduction, their character portrayals, etc. The interaction between them is also of interest. Pesci being the most Real person among the 4.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 03:15:08 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 12:36:38 AM »
I watched the movie today and enjoyed it. One thing that shocked  me more than a little was the flag at half-mast at the teamsters union headquarters in Washington DC after the JFK assassination (like the others all over the country and probably elsewhere). The movie shows Hoffa’s reaction as he noticed it. And Hoffa subsequently forcing his union employees to raise it to the top of the mast as a show disrespect to JFK.

Did this actually happen that way?