Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Impeachment and Removal of Donald J. Trump  (Read 10979 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

The Impeachment and Removal of Donald J. Trump
« on: December 01, 2019, 04:13:33 PM »
Advertisement
Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley on Friday [11/29] predicted that public support for President Trump will collapse as House Democrats continue their impeachment inquiry against him.

"It just tells you what deep trouble Donald Trump is in. I mean, when you have 50 percent of the country wanting you not just impeached but removed from office, and the game hasn't even gotten fast yet," Brinkley said Friday morning on CNN, where he serves as a contributor. "I think once the vote is taken by Congress to impeach him and he's wearing the 'I' on his chest, you're going to see that movement grow even more," Brinkley predicted. He added of Trump, "It tells you he doesn't have a lot of friends. He's a base politician. He doesn't know how to turn this around." Brinkley noted the successful campaigns of politicians from opposing parties that came after previous presidents faced political fallout. "I think the Democrats might want to look at the way Jimmy Carter pulled off victory in 1976. He took the high road. He ran on saying, I will never tell a lie to you," Brinkley said. "He didn't have to say Nixon's lies or Lyndon Johnson's lies, just that I am clean, good governance coming your way if you vote for me." Polling on impeachment has fluctuated in the nine weeks since Democrats launched their probe. A Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday found a slight shift in the president's direction on impeachment. That survey found 45 percent in favor of Trump's impeachment and removal, with 48 percent against it. That was a reversal from the poll's findings the previous month. However, a CNN poll conducted after the first week of public hearings in the inquiry found that 50 percent of Americans said Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 43 percent said he should not be - the same margin from a poll conducted in October.

-- By Jessica Campisi @ The Hill  on 11/30/19

--   MWT   Walk:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:33:52 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

The Impeachment and Removal of Donald J. Trump
« on: December 01, 2019, 04:13:33 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

Re: The Impeachment and Removal of Donald J. Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 05:33:21 PM »
Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley on Friday [11/29] predicted that public support for President Trump will collapse as House Democrats continue their impeachment inquiry against him.

"It just tells you what deep trouble Donald Trump is in. .....

--   MWT   Walk:

Earlier today, the bleater of the free world, on camera, on "foreign soil." "Prince Andrew? I don't know him."

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a30104435/president-trump-prince-andrew-epstein-nato-summit-comments/
TownandCountrymag.com
President Trump Comments on the Royal Controversy Surrounding Prince Andrew
... sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, a man whom Trump associated with as well. ... going back to 2000, when the Duke of York visited Mar a Lago, Trump said he ... “I don't know Prince Andrew but it's a tough story, it's a very tough ...
1 hour ago

Three "musketeers," all in a line, all of them pervy, all of them liars....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/30/prince-andrew-makes-defiant-appearance-photograph-shows-partying/

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/471156-billy-ray-cyrus-thanks-melania-trump-after-meeting-with-family

The Hill (blog)
Billy Ray Cyrus thanks Melania Trump after meeting with family of cyberbullying victim | TheHill
What an honor to sit w/The First Lady at the White House. ... Trump called Smith's death "tragic" and noted her work against cyberbullying in a Twitter post. ... last year, the first lady said the campaign would focus on well-being, ...
2 weeks ago

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1201563617180733440

Deplorables (including 81 percent of self labeled evangelicals who voted in Nov., 2016) voted for and enthusiatically support the world's worst people....
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/02/trump-renews-attacks-fbi-lisa-page-074764
WHITE HOUSE

Trump renews attacks on ex-FBI lawyer Lisa Page

The latest broadside comes after Page gave an interview in which she accused the president of trying to "further destroy my life."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 05:34:57 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »
https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/12/03/the-republican-pre-buttal-spins-facts-presented-by-republican-witnesses-as-a-democratic-plot/
THE REPUBLICAN PRE-BUTTAL SPINS REPUBLICAN AND NON-PARTISAN FACTS AS A DEMOCRATIC PLOT
December 3, 2019/....by emptywheel

THE REPUBLICAN PRE-BUTTAL SPINS REPUBLICAN AND NON-PARTISAN FACTS AS A DEMOCRATIC PLOT
December 3, 2019/25 Comments/in 2016 Presidential Election, 2020 Presidential Election, emptywheel, Impeachment /by emptywheel
I’ll have a bit more to say about the Republican pre-buttal to the HPSCI Impeachment Report put out last night. But a good summary of the report looks like this:

Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat
Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat
Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat Democrat
The report uses the word “Democrat” 226 times, all part of a ploy to suggest that facts presented in the impeachment hearing were a partisan plot.

It fails to acknowledge, however, that zero of the witnesses who testified were Democrats. ....

https://www.axios.com/devin-nunes-lev-parnas-rudy-giuliani-ukraine-a2193934-f4ae-48de-a3c9-8750a306812b.html
Zachary Basu  December 3, 2019
Call records show Devin Nunes in contact with indicted Giuliani associate

Call records included in an impeachment report released by House Democrats Tuesday show that House Intelligence Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) had a number of contacts in April with Rudy Giuliani and Lev Parnas, an associate of Giuliani's who has since been indicted for campaign finance violations.

Why it matters: The call records constitute some of the only new revelations from the report, which mostly relies on witness testimony that has been released to the public.

The big picture: The April contacts came in the midst of a smear campaign against former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, which was led by Giuliani, Parnas and John Solomon, a Trump-friendly journalist who formerly wrote for The Hill.

The Daily Beast has reported that Parnas, who helped introduce Giuliani to Ukrainian officials in his quest to dig up dirt on Trump's rivals, also helped arrange meetings for Nunes in 2018, when the top Republican was investigating the origins of the Mueller investigation.
Nunes has dismissed the entire impeachment inquiry as a hoax and part of a continued effort by Democrats to take down President Trump. He is likely to face new scrutiny about his involvement with key players at the center of the inquiry......

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 08:31:48 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 05:27:25 AM »
Republicans are complicit in protecting and covering up for a criminal. Could you imagine if this was a Democrat? The GOP would have already impeached him.   

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 10:36:50 PM »
It's understandable people have trouble admitting they are bad judges of character, but it's well past that point.
Enough said:
https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Johnson_TrumpEpstein_Lawsuit.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 10:36:50 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 12:54:03 AM »
It's understandable people have trouble admitting they are bad judges of character, but it's well past that point.
Enough said:
https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Johnson_TrumpEpstein_Lawsuit.pdf

NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL PURSUANT TO F.R.C.P. 41(a)(1)(A)(i)

http://static.ow.ly/docs/File%20Stamped%20Dismissal%20of%20Jane%20Doe%20SDNY%20Complaint%2011-4-16%20filed_5vIx.pdf

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:48:06 AM »
NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL PURSUANT TO F.R.C.P. 41(a)(1)(A)(i)

http://static.ow.ly/docs/File%20Stamped%20Dismissal%20of%20Jane%20Doe%20SDNY%20Complaint%2011-4-16%20filed_5vIx.pdf
I would recommend finding out why it was dismissed.
In the meantime, page 13-15 from the document I supplied(witness "in-depth" supporting statements) All the information that's necessary.
Sickos who prey on young girls.
The same guy who had his personal attorney(the one in prison) pay off his working girls illegally, got caught and was named as a co-conspirator.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:48:06 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 03:20:01 AM »
In the meantime, page 13-15 from the document I supplied(witness "in-depth" supporting statements) All the information that's necessary.

All that's necessary for what? The complaint was voluntarily dropped, making all of the claims contained within that document null and void.