Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "smirk"  (Read 26171 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The "smirk"
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2019, 08:29:31 PM »
Advertisement
Oh brother.....analyst wannabe  :-\
  All those cops are smirking. Oswald is not smirking.

While you two bobbleheads engage in a confirmation-bias backslapping frenzy, take a break and try to find out what shape-of-mouth qualifies as a 'smirk'

Agreed that Oswald is not smirking in the picture outside the TT. However, the picture posted earlier in the thread is the one noted for the smirk. But nice try anyway, Sherlock. And the cop on the right seems to be more concerned with the encroaching crowd given his expression. No smirk there, Bubba..

Bentley himself has a cigar in the side of his mouth and therefore would be forced to have that corner of his mouth curled up in the process of smiling in satisfaction. But I'll allow that he was possibly smirking.

Further, I'll go with the witness who said something about the suspect having curled up corners of his mouth
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:53:12 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2019, 08:29:31 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2019, 08:48:02 PM »
No argument, but it’s not probable cause to detain, search, or arrest. By the way, who was “running to hide”?

There was no distinction in 1963. Frisking on a reasonable suspicion wasn’t a thing until 1968. But there wasn’t a reasonable suspicion, either.

He was arrested for murder. There is nothing on the arrest report about punching anyone or “pulling out a pistol and trying to shoot” someone (of which there is no evidence whatsoever, anyway).

There was no distinction in 1963. Frisking on a reasonable suspicion wasn’t a thing until 1968. But there wasn’t a reasonable suspicion, either.

It's a very old tactic — patrolmen had always stopped and searched persons they deemed suspicious.

The civil rights movement brought about rebellions and challenges:

The street-level challenge to stop-and-search policing made its way to the US Supreme Court in June 1968. In Terry v. Ohio, the Court upheld the principles underlying stop-and-search policing, and determined that the threshold for a “stop-and-frisk” was an officer’s reasonable and articulable suspicion— not probable cause— that a person was involved in crime and was armed.

Warren wrote the majority opinion. Stop-and-frisk became official federal policy and the strategic cornerstone of the “war on crime” that followed.

He was arrested for murder. There is nothing on the arrest report about punching anyone or “pulling out a pistol and trying to shoot” someone (of which there is no evidence whatsoever, anyway).

The point is that the scuffle and gun were the reasonable cause for the arrest.

Words of Captain Westbrook, DPD from his interview by Larry Sneed in "No more Silence":

An officer by the name of McDonald came in from the other side got to him first. As I recall, Oswald said something like, "This is it!" as he came up with the pistol. McDonald then grabbed it.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2019, 08:55:49 PM »
Does that mean that you can’t explain your claim that it was a “matching description”.

No it means that no matter how closely they matched, it would never be good enough for you.

The police didn't need a perfect match. The running into the library by Hamby was mistakenly taken to be running to hide from the police search. LHO's actions aroused the suspicions of Brewer and Postal. They reported it to the police. That was enough for the police to investigate.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2019, 08:55:49 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2019, 09:10:08 PM »
No it means that no matter how closely they matched, it would never be good enough for you.

Hi Charles, it doesn't matter how close the description is, it's never going to be a perfect match and is thus flawed and evidence of a conspiracy but if the description is spot on that's obviously impossible and must be evidence of a conspiracy, go figure.

JohnM

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2019, 09:14:31 PM »
Hi Charles, it doesn't matter how close the description is, it's never going to be a perfect match and is thus flawed and evidence of a conspiracy but if the description is spot on that's obviously impossible and must be evidence of a conspiracy, go figure.

JohnM

Yes, the denials get so ridiculous at times that they become comical to me.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2019, 09:14:31 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2019, 09:15:09 PM »
Let me make sure I get the word count right here for my reply, lest I'll be accused of being wrong.

Two words for Bill here: Oh. Brother.

And four more words here for Bill here:

Give. Me. A. Break.

::)

As a longtime illustrator specializing in people, and having drawn hundreds of life portraits and figures, I have a professional-level set of skills that qualify my opinion as to people's expressions.

Do tell us what set of professional-level skills you can offer that would place you in a similar position.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:16:44 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2019, 09:43:21 PM »

The police didn't need a perfect match. The running into the library by Hamby was mistakenly taken to be running to hide from the police search. LHO's actions aroused the suspicions of Brewer and Postal. They reported it to the police. That was enough for the police to investigate.

I think you've just set JudgeJohnny's powdered wig on fire.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:45:53 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2019, 09:43:21 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2019, 10:49:50 PM »
I think you've just set JudgeJohnny's powdered wig on fire.

I feel really bad about that. I mean, he never ruffles anyone’s feathers.