Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "smirk"  (Read 26166 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: The "smirk"
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2019, 09:56:45 PM »
Advertisement
How did they know to do this? How did they know that Oswald was on that bus...that transfer ticket? Come on.

A smirk is 'hard evidence'?

Jerry,

How hard do you like it?

LOL

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:57:34 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2019, 09:56:45 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2019, 09:59:17 PM »
How did they know to do this? How did they know that Oswald was on that bus...that transfer ticket? Come on :-\A smirk is 'hard evidence'?

The hard evidence is the bus transfer found in LHO's pocket.

Mr. McWatters. Well, they told me that they had a transfer that I had issued that was cut for Lamar Street at 1:00, and they wanted to know if I knew anything about it. And after I looked at the transfer and my punch, I said yes, that is the transfer I issued because it had my punch mark on it.
Mr. Ball. Did your punch mark have a distinctive mark?
Mr. McWatters. It had a distinctive mark and it is registered, in other words, all the drivers, every driver has a different punch mark.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2019, 10:37:51 PM »
The hard evidence is the bus transfer found in LHO's pocket.
That indeed certainly appears to be hard evidence...of Oswald possibly taking the bus home. So what?
 If this happened..catching a bus is no crime. Also--- it seems like the cops caught up with the bus driver in the same record time that they arrested Oswald. He signed [or was told to] the [dated] transfer. Why?  Something doesn't smell right about all that. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2019, 10:37:51 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2019, 10:47:34 PM »
No, it’s hard evidence that the police claimed to “find” a bus transfer in his pocket a couple of hours after his arrest in a shirt that he may or may not have been wearing at the point in time of the bus ride.

But either way, it tells us nothing about who shot JFK.

Unless the pocket bulged or the transfer poked out of the top of the pocket somewhat, I can see where it might go unnoticed at first.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2019, 10:50:16 PM »
That indeed certainly appears to be hard evidence...of Oswald possibly taking the bus home. So what?
 If this happened..catching a bus is no crime. Also--- it seems like the cops caught up with the bus driver in the same record time that they arrested Oswald. He signed [or was told to] the [dated] transfer. Why?  Something doesn't smell right about all that.

So what?

It accounts for his whereabouts at that point in time.

Why?

His punch mark was standard operating procedure. The transfers are also numbered. This is how they kept track of who issued the transfers, and where, and for how long they were good for.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2019, 10:50:16 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2019, 10:56:13 PM »
How did they know to do this? How did they know that Oswald was on that bus...that transfer ticket? Come on :-\A smirk is 'hard evidence'?

Hard evidence that he had a smirk

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2019, 11:11:26 PM »
So what?
It accounts for his whereabouts at that point in time.
Why?His punch mark was standard operating procedure. The transfers are also numbered. This is how they kept track of who issued the transfers, and where, and for how long they were good for.
his whereabouts at that point in time?. According to the time punch ...
Mr. McWatters. Well, they told me that they had a transfer that I had issued that was cut for Lamar Street at 1:00, and they wanted to know if I knew anything about it. And after I looked at the transfer and my punch, I said yes, that is the transfer I issued because it had my punch mark on it.
Mr. Ball. Did your punch mark have a distinctive mark?
Mr. McWatters. It had a distinctive mark and it is registered, in other words, all the drivers, every driver has a different punch mark.
Oswald left the bus at 1:00? 1:00PM? ???  Of course that couldn't be right could it? That blows the "whereabouts at that point in time" into lala land huh? Evidence that he was on the bus doesn't prove that Oswald shot anybody so it is moot. It seems like the cops located the bus driver and then asked him if that transfer was his :D Makes no sense.
Why didn't the cops ever locate the bus driver or drivers who took him downtown and home from work on a daily basis? They might have had some useful information.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2019, 11:11:26 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2019, 11:35:00 PM »
his whereabouts at that point in time?. According to the time punch ... Oswald left the bus at 1:00? 1:00PM? ???  Of course that couldn't be right could it? That blows the "whereabouts at that point in time" into lala land huh? Evidence that he was on the bus doesn't prove that Oswald shot anybody so it is moot. It seems like the cops located the bus driver and then asked him if that transfer was his :D Makes no sense.
Why didn't the cops ever locate the bus driver or drivers who took him downtown and home from work on a daily basis? They might have had some useful information.

The 1:00 PM isn’t the time he left the bus. The transfers are only good for a limited time and a specific route.

Evidence of his whereabouts makes it difficult to claim that he was somewhere else. It also gives clues as to when he left the TSBD, and where he might have been headed when he encountered Tippits, etc.