Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "smirk"  (Read 25933 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The "smirk"
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2019, 06:54:18 PM »
Advertisement

He didn’t.

Apparently the DPD disagreed with your opinion.

Apparently the DPD didn’t give a damn if anyone matched the description or had any civil rights. They were going to do what they damn well pleased.

And...he definitely wasn't a little old lady from Pasadena.

So basically what you’re saying is that being male was enough to “match the description”.

Who saw the gunman “running away in the direction of the theater”?

Several, including Warren Reynolds, L.J. Lewis, Harold Russell, and B.M. Patterson, Robert Brock, Mary Brock, Burt, Smith. Furthermore, at 1:21:29, the DPD channel 1 dispacher broadcast that the suspect "just passed 401 East Jefferson." This is in the direction of the Texas Theater (from the murder scene).

Well then you’re using a definition of “in the direction of the theater that is uselessly generic.

P.S. the Brocks didn’t see a gunman.

From "With Malice" by Dale Myers:

Postal later told authorities that she remembered seeing a man out of the corner of her eye, approaching the theater from the east as she stepped out of the box office.[621]

So she didn’t see anybody “duck into the theater”, right?

Postal: "Well, just as I turned around then Johnny Brewer was standing there, and as I started back in the box office, Johnny asked me if I sold that man a ticket. I asked him what man, and he said the man that just ducked in the theater. I said no, by golly, he didn't and turned around expecting to see him.

According to Brewer’s affidavit, Postal said she was listening to the radio and did not remember if she sold him a ticket.

Mr. Brewer said he had been ducking in at his place of business and he had gone by me, because I was facing west."[/i]

So the “corner of her eye” spans 180 degrees then...

Put it in context with a murder just happening in the neighborhood, the armed suspect seen running away in their direction, the police search, police cars coming by when the suspect was ducking into their two businesses and it very much is reasonable suspicion that he may be armed and dangerous. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain stupid.

Once you resort to insults, you’ve lost the argument. Besides, “I thought he was armed and dangerous” is always the excuse that police use when they, for example, shoot unarmed black men in the back.

The key point is that the police didn’t witness any suspicious behavior whatsoever prior to approaching Oswald and attempting to frisk him. Police can’t even write a traffic ticket on a civilian’s say-so.

They certainly can go to investigate something that a civilian reports to them.

Hallelujah, that’s what I’ve been trying to tell you! In 1963 it was just probable cause. The police just argued that hunches (which is basically “if I feel like it”) were probable cause enough.

No, it is more a matter of what is considered to be an unreasonable search. The fourth amendment doesn't protect against any searches; but does protect against unreasonable searches. The probable cause restriction applies to warrants. Before Terry in 1968, a stop and frisk (which is a limited search) was considered to be a reasonable search because it was typically used by a law enforcement officer that had a legitimate need to search for weapons. It was when police tactics of using stop and frisk in certain areas of certain cities became indiscriminate (instead of having a legitimate need) that the stop and frisk procedures were challenged in court. In 1968, the court said that stop and frisk was an unreasonable search unless there was reasonable suspicion, and defined what reasonable suspicion meant.

Additionally, courts have also established an "exigent circumstances" exception to the warrant requirement.[7] "Exigent circumstances" simply means that the officers must act quickly. Typically, this is because police have a reasonable belief that evidence is in imminent danger of being removed or destroyed, but there is still a probable cause requirement. Exigent circumstances may also exist where there is a continuing danger, or where officers have a reasonable belief that people in need of assistance are present. This includes when the police are in 'hot pursuit of a fleeing felon.' In this circumstance, so long as there is probable cause, police may follow the suspect into a residence and seize any evidence in plain view.

Society has more recently revised what we consider to be a reasonable search. A few examples are the security procedures we must go through to enter most large sporting events, enter secured areas of airports, certain government buildings, etc. None of those limited searches require "reasonable suspicion" or "probable cause." But society has deemed them reasonable under the circumstances.
[/quote]

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2019, 06:54:18 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2019, 07:47:31 PM »
Once you resort to insults, you’ve lost the argument'

Then you've lost every argument to me, by default, given the most distasteful insult I've ever encountered here personally.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:05:14 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2019, 11:41:56 PM »
Once you resort to insults, you’ve lost the argument.
A dead guy could give you a better argument  :-\ 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2019, 11:41:56 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2019, 12:44:42 AM »
A dead guy could give you a better argument  :-\

He usually makes more sense.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2019, 02:04:52 AM »
He usually makes more sense.
That illustrates my point. For once we concur.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2019, 02:04:52 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2019, 03:59:34 AM »
Then you've lost every argument to me, by default, given the most distasteful insult I've ever encountered here personally.

No idea what you’re talking about. As usual.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2019, 07:33:57 PM »
Huh? Your senility may be fast approaching.. old man :-\

You've already arrived

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2019, 07:33:57 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2019, 05:53:11 AM »
... the most distasteful insult I've ever encountered here personally.
Link that....please.