Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "smirk"  (Read 26273 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The "smirk"
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2019, 05:08:50 PM »
Advertisement
I will come back to your argument. But first I would like to know if you think that the police acted “illegally” when they stopped Hamby before he sprinted across the library lawn. Just this part, I already know what you have said about what happened after this point in time.

Here is a quote from “With Malice” by Dale Myers:

Hamby swung his car south off
Jefferson onto Denver and nosed into a dirt parking area for library employees. As he climbed out of his car, Hamby noticed a crowd of policemen near the intersection of Jefferson and Marsalis. He thought there had been a car wreck on the corner. Suddenly, two plainclothesmen appeared out of nowhere and grabbed him. Adrian D. Hamby in 1963. Courtesy of Adrian Hamby “Sir, what are you doing in this area,” one of them demanded. “I work here at the library. I’m a page,” Hamby replied unsure if this was some kind of joke. “Well listen,” the man replied. “Someone just shot and killed a police officer in the vicinity and we think the suspect is loose. Do us a favor. Go into the library, get a hold of management, tell them to lock the doors and not let anyone inside until we secure the area.”

There's nothing illegal about asking questions.  It depends if they physically grabbed him at that point or not.  That's assault.  This part of Hamby's story that Myers claimed Hamby told him in a 1997 interview doesn't make much sense.  Who were these "plainclothesman"? And if they were DPD, then why did the DPD later order Hamby back outside, throw him against a wall and frisk him?  Did he somehow become more "suspicious" after entering the library?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2019, 05:08:50 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2019, 05:49:02 PM »
There's nothing illegal about asking questions.  It depends if they physically grabbed him at that point or not.  That's assault.  This part of Hamby's story that Myers claimed Hamby told him in a 1997 interview doesn't make much sense.  Who were these "plainclothesman"? And if they were DPD, then why did the DPD later order Hamby back outside, throw him against a wall and frisk him?  Did he somehow become more "suspicious" after entering the library?

Actually, it was his sprinting across the lawn before he entered the library. Here is more from Myers’ book:

“Poe gave Walker the suspect’s description. Poe’s partner, Leonard E. Jez, had been stranded at Tenth and Patton ever since Sergeant Hill had commandeered their squad car. Officer Jez asked Walker if he could ride with him. The patrolman agreed, and Jez climbed into Walker’s squad car—the newsman riding shotgun. The three started eastbound on Tenth, then south on Denver.
Just as Patrolman C.T. Walker completed the turn something caught his eye. “I saw a white male running east across the lawn of the library,” Walker told authorities. “I was still about three-fourths of a block from Jefferson, and he was even south of Jefferson—over a block from me. I put out a broadcast on the air that there was a person fitting the description running in the front of the library.”
They spotted a side entrance to the library basement. The officers drew their weapons in anticipation of checking it out. Just inside the door, young Adrian Hamby was getting curious.  “I had gone to the basement door, which was about three steps below ground level, to look out the door,” Hamby said. “And when I did, there was about twenty or thirty police officers out there with rifles, pistols—you name it—and they were pointing it at me and told me to come out with my hands up. And I got scared and closed the door.”
Detective Marvin A. Buhk, one of the many officers who had responded to the call for help at the library, recalled a “Secret Service man” straightening out the mess Hamby found himself in. In a later report, Detective Buhk wrote, “One of the Secret Service men stated the person who came out of the basement with the others was not the suspect and that he had already talked to him a few minutes previously.”

So it was a couple of suspicious actions by Hamby that caused the police to react the way they did. And a lack of communication from whoever was in plainclothes.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2019, 06:05:28 PM »
Running across a lawn is not much more suspicious than looking in a shoe store window.  But at least in this case the cops actually saw the behavior.

But what "Secret Service man" was hanging around the library telling the cops who was or was not the right man?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2019, 06:05:28 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2019, 06:19:14 PM »
Running across a lawn is not much more suspicious than looking in a shoe store window.  But at least in this case the cops actually saw the behavior.

But what "Secret Service man" was hanging around the library telling the cops who was or was not the right man?

John,

I love the way you "spin" language to suit your mission.

--  MWT  ;)

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2019, 06:31:03 PM »

John,

I think that so-called "Secret Service Man" was part of the Fascist Deep State Conspiracy, don't you?

That guy was sprinting across the library lawn not far from where Tippit was murdered because he was late for work as a "page," and the Fascist Deep State police obviously knew that, but brutalized him anyway!

And Brewer was obviously lying like a rug when he said Oswald was "acting furtively" in the front alcove while the Fascist Deep State police cars were passing by.

Hey, John, how big of a conspiracy do you figure it was?

Couple hundred thousand?

More?

Enough "leads" and contradictory "evidence" to write about for fifty some-odd years, to dumb-down and alienate the populace to such an extent that Putin's installing Trump was a breeze?

--  MWT  ;)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 08:56:54 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2019, 06:31:03 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2019, 08:20:58 PM »

I would agree that, under ordinary circumstances, running across a lawn would not be likely to be considered suspicious. But this was during an intense manhunt for an armed cop killer who was last seen running from the nearby murder scene.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2019, 08:44:36 PM »
I would agree that, under ordinary circumstances, running across a lawn would not be likely to be considered suspicious. But this was during an intense manhunt for an armed cop killer who was last seen running from the nearby murder scene.

Oh, I know why they were manhandling anybody they felt like, but that doesn't make it ok.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2019, 08:44:36 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
How big a conspiracy do you figure it was, anyway?

Couple hundred?

More?

How many people helped you beat your wife?