Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 56 years later and still the WC apologists deny the conspiracy.  (Read 29492 times)

Offline Jack Trojan

Re: 56 years later and still the WC apologists deny the conspiracy.
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2019, 09:24:13 PM »
Advertisement
Show us one of those "flatten" out 2D images.

You, nor I have the info needed to ortho-rectify 2D images you find on the internet. That is my point.

No reason you can't place a properly-scaled 3D model on an unaltered 2D photo and match the photo's field-of-view.

Yes there is, which is why you can't assume anything you know nothing about. And what does "properly scaled" mean?

You have a graphic example of that?

[snip image]

In the above image, the President's head is approximately in profile and its plane is similar to the film plane. We can add measurements at the head's midline that will be on the same plane as the head seen in the photo and the film plane. All three planes coincide. OK, I'll concede 2% "distortion (but that's a lot less distortion than your laser test).

Any 2D image is not suitable for this. You can't "concede" a % of distortion, you have to measure and rectify it. And there is zero distortion on my 3D laser test, because it is already in 3D.

"Manipulate graphically". What are you talking about? The 3D model exists as scaled (usually 1:1) and in its own file. It should come very close to matching the same subject and its position unique to the photo. Often-times, it will match close-to-perfect, depends on facet-count and so forth.

I thought you understood the concept of manipulating a digital 3D model. It's how video games work. A 3D model is rendered in 2D using hidden lines and projection algorithms. You hamstring yourself by converting everything from 3D to 2D and then expect us to believe you got it right.

Supposedly not having your photos from your own test allows everyone to "buy it". LOL.

For that, you fail since you have no interest in the truth. Carry on LNer.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2019, 09:24:13 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
You, nor I have the info needed to ortho-rectify 2D images you find on the internet. That is my point.

Orthorectification is a process used in map-making where everything has to appear on the same-scaled plane, as if the satellite or plane that took the photo was always directly above specific areas in the photo. It relies on ground control points (GCPs).

So the "flattened out" images you referred to earlier are used to draw maps. And you're likening that to 3D models applied to life photos? Amazing.

Yes there is, which is why you can't assume anything you know nothing about. And what does "properly scaled" mean?

Scaled in the same XYZ dimensions as the subject matter. And typically using 1:1 units of measure.

Any 2D image is not suitable for this. You can't "concede" a % of distortion, you have to measure and rectify it.

The measurements are known parameters fixed in the 3D model and the life subject itself. If they parallel, there should be matching points. In the case of the autopsy left-profile photo, a coincidence of planes ensured accuracy.

And there is zero distortion on my 3D laser test, because it is already in 3D.
I thought you understood the concept of manipulating a digital 3D model. It's how video games work. A 3D model is rendered in 2D using hidden lines and projection algorithms. You hamstring yourself by converting everything from 3D to 2D and then expect us to believe you got it right.

Map-making and video games. You CTs really think outside the box.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »
Orthorectification is a process used in map-making where everything has to appear on the same-scaled plane, as if the satellite or plane that took the photo was always directly above specific areas in the photo. It relies on ground control points (GCPs).

So the "flattened out" images you referred to earlier are used to draw maps. And you're likening that to 3D models applied to life photos? Amazing.

Scaled in the same XYZ dimensions as the subject matter. And typically using 1:1 units of measure.

The measurements are known parameters fixed in the 3D model and the life subject itself. If they parallel, there should be matching points. In the case of the autopsy left-profile photo, a coincidence of planes ensured accuracy.

Map-making and video games. You CTs really think outside the box.

Close range photogrammetry applies the exact same principles and physics as for satellite mapping. You must apply it to a 2D image of a 3D object if you want to measure it like you are trying to do. Ortho-rectification actually distorts the image over a 2D plane, which is why it is never appropriate for close range photogrammetry. This is why you shouldn't do it, or justify it without knowing what you are talking about.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2019, 07:23:48 PM »

Any 2D image is not suitable for this. You can't "concede" a % of distortion, you have to measure and rectify it. And there is zero distortion on my 3D laser test, because it is already in 3D.

>>> With that, you've just lost the argument

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »
>>> With that, you've just lost the argument

According to whom, you?  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2023, 04:30:13 PM »
Stephen B. Lemann, uncle of Nicholas B. Lemann and step-brother of Mildred Lyons Baldwin, and owner of more than ten percent interest in WDSU,
described by Garrison as WDSU outside counsel distributing "CIA funds".....

December 21, 1991, JFK, the movie, is released in theaters.:
January, 1992 issue of GQ Magazine:

No disclosure in Nicholas’s rebuttal to Zachary Sklar, or from Sklar about Lemann’s conflicts/background:
Were Sklar and Stone unaware of critic Nicholas's background because Garrison kept the editor of his biography, Zachary Sklar, as well as Oliver Stone, in the dark?

Here's that Dallas priest, again.... In April, 2016, I received an email from the author Gayle Nix Jackson, whose grandfather made the Nix film. She had contacted Walter Machann and he had agreed to meet with her. He was located through details in his mother's obituary in DMN.
She asked me for suggestions of questions to ask the former priest. The meeting took place but he refused to discuss anything related to the period before he worked on foreign assignment for the U.N. in Asia.

May 26, 1957 DMN article

https://jfkfacts.org/provocative-prolific-joan-mellen/#comment-869321
TOM S.
APRIL 12, 2016 AT 9:18 PM
Bogman, how could Garrison go “a little mad with the spook meddling?”
The point I attempted to make comparing Joan Mellen’s version….”these were the CIA people,”
and Garrison only describing Stephen B Lemann in his complaint to the FCC, (June, 1967) as
counsel to WDSU who is “known in the past to have distributed Central Intelligence Agency funds,”
and Garrison worked several year under former NODA Leon Hubert, Jr. with David Baldwin’s brother,
Edward, another first cousin of Garrison’s wife.

Where is Garrison’s mention of Stephen B Lemann’s hiring
of Father Machann out of the Catholic priesthood
and into
a job as a NOLA mental health field coordinator?
(see- https://web.archive.org/web/20160425212323/http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/news/obama-prepares-future-critics-dwell-past/#comment-864459 )

Garrison said what now appears suspiciously on anything specific about any of the activities of his wife’s family members and their in-laws.

Edward’s law partner wrote a letter to CIA’s Helms requesting to be put on “the list.”
Between them, Stephen B. Lemann and Edward Baldwin were the principle CIA lawyers Garrison
was accusing of tampering with his witnesses, making promises to protect them from Garrison.

If the CIA interference angle was overdone, now we know it was because Garrison had an undisclosed
connection to the “CIA lawyers” and to the closest CIA link to Clay Shaw, David Baldwin, and Shaw
knew all this from late in the first week of his arrest.

The problem I observe is the refusal to carefully consider what actually happened, without the strong influences
of Joan Mellen, Zachary Sklar, Oliver Stone, and Garrison himself.

None of them actually provided any clearer picture of what was going than Clay Shaw or Nicholas
Lemann have, and that is the basis for my criticism.

I’m happy George can be confident the American people would not have been better informed before
1979 if Garrison had never opened his mouth or made an arrest. I cannot know that, so I’m glad for
George that he can assert that, here.

Why is it not a consideration that Garrison and Shaw simply put on a performance, as they were instructed to? You may not like it but it is a plausible explanation for Garrison’s connections to his purported antagnoists never coming to light. I find it hard to believe Mellen and Sklar were in
on Garrison and his ex-wife’s non-disclosure. The evidence is there that Garrison played Mellen, Sklar, and as a result, also Stone.

In one sentence, all of the names that stand out, Stephen B Lemann, Edward Baldwin, Lemann’s nephew,
Nicholas, and in the background, Shaw’s friend and ex-covert CIA agent David Baldwin, described by Joan Mellen as the CIA people, were actually close relatives of Garrison’s wife, or their in-laws.

Examine your indifference to these connections being hidden, until presented without comment in 2014
in Donald H Carpenter’s book. I think the true reason there is no reaction or denial is that people
have too much invested in the JFK the movie narrative, and the people who got closest to Garrison and wrote books and made a movie are left with egg on their faces."

« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 04:39:58 PM by Tom Scully »